Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
other info says no ball - the only thing I can think is that maybe the grass on the slope was lightly frosted- that can be surprisingly slippery and not obviously icy, so if she was shooing the dog away from the water, she could have slipped, and maybe no marks because the ground was nearly frozen. I have not read if the dog was distressed when found and some dogs do not water retrieve...and the river is supposed to be deep right near that bench.

Stretch of river where Nicola Bulley vanished is 'notoriously ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk › news › dangerous-river-nicola...

1 day ago — Police fear Nicola Bulley has fallen in the River Wyre ... its deepest - close to where Nicola vanished - the river reaches a depth of 15ft.
I cannot see any mention of a ball being present confirmed by a witness.
Looking at the location of the bench, I cannot see any responsible dog owner throwing a ball from that location towards the river.
Perhaps she threw the ball in the direction of the path, Willow retrieved it and came racing back with it and dropped the ball near to the bench where it may have rolled in the direction of the river. This may have caused her to jump up drop or knock the items in a bid to reach the ball……
I would still like to understand how the Fitbit works as that was around her wrist where as the phone could be moved by anyone.

For the sake of clarity, could you post a link (preferably a link in Google Earth) to show us exactly which park you are referring to?
Sorry, Rowanter Caravan Park which is 3 miles from where Nikki was sat on the bench is just around an acre, apparently. I was mistaken on its size. However, what that does mean is that it was easier for the police to search and for the sniffer dogs too.

I’m not brilliant at giving links, but if you you go onto GoigleEarth you’ll easily find the park. It looks very, very nice and rather luxurious. Besides that, it has full CCTV everywhere which the police have examined and saw nothing at all suggesting Nikki was being taken there.

Incidentally, the park itself looks a very upmarket holiday site where fairly wealthy people go to relax and fish. Not that that’s relevant, but I have got the impression that one people have assumed it’s some type of rundown place - which it isn’t at all.

I don’t know if I’m missing the point but they’re asking for a witness who may have seen her at 8.30am? So we’ll before the river?
Also they have decent cctv images of woman with pram, still none of NB.
I don’t believe she was ever there.

Hate to link this but this shows that even with a person being witnessed falling into water they could still not be located.

I expect at that time of night alcohol may have played a part but it highlights the difficulties of searching in water.

Sorry, Rowanter Caravan Park which is 3 miles from where Nikki was sat on the bench is just around an acre, apparently. I was mistaken on its size. However, what that does mean is that it was easier for the police to search and for the sniffer dogs too.

I’m not brilliant at giving links, but if you you go onto GoigleEarth you’ll easily find the park. It looks very, very nice and rather luxurious. Besides that, it has full CCTV everywhere which the police have examined and saw nothing at all suggesting Nikki was being taken there.

Incidentally, the park itself looks a very upmarket holiday site where fairly wealthy people go to relax and fish. Not that that’s relevant, but I have got the impression that one people have assumed it’s some type of rundown place - which it isn’t at all.
sorry to have to jump in here again. The park is a mere 80-100m from the bench where she was found. I'm not sure where you are getting 3 miles from. It is a small caravan park which backs onto the field where she was last spotted. It has been ruled out quite decisively due to searches and cctv however.

other info says no ball - the only thing I can think is that maybe the grass on the slope was lightly frosted- that can be surprisingly slippery and not obviously icy, so if she was shooing the dog away from the water, she could have slipped, and maybe no marks because the ground was nearly frozen. I have not read if the dog was distressed when found and some dogs do not water retrieve...and the river is supposed to be deep right near that bench.

Stretch of river where Nicola Bulley vanished is 'notoriously ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk › news › dangerous-river-nicola...

1 day ago — Police fear Nicola Bulley has fallen in the River Wyre ... its deepest - close to where Nicola vanished - the river reaches a depth of 15ft.
Yes, you’re absolutely right. The bank is on an extreme slope and is very, very slippery. The water at that part of the river is around 16ft deep and is tidal. It’s a highly dangerous part to fall into, especially in winter.

It’s absolutely tragic, but I can’t understand why some people are insisting the exact opposite to what the police believe happened.

If someone had a key to the locked exits and was lurking there it could change things. One exit was right next to where she was last seen. No one would subsequently venture down there unless they also had a key…

Obviously this is wild speculation and surely Willow would be hanging around the gate if this was the case…

For new users or those not super familiar with WS, I urge you to use the search function on the thread to look up topics and see what's already been discussed.

This thread is so fast-moving and it's unreasonable at this point to expect newcomers to read through everything from the very beginning, but a lot of the reason for the sheer volume of posts and how difficult it is to keep up is people stating the same theory or questions over and over again. I got up for a minute to make a coffee and there were two new pages of discussion.

It's absolutely fine to ask questions and pitch your theories, please don't mistake what I'm saying, but the search bar is a useful way to reduce confusion and keep things more focused.

Interesting take from a criminal psychologist in today's Mail Online. He thinks certain things aren't adding up and that the police could potentially be holding their cards close to their chest re potential foul play. Sorry if it's already been referenced...

Here's the article link: Police 'examine Nicola Bulley's Fitbit data' on day nine of search
IMG_20230204_184515.jpg

Nicola Bulley: Police searching for missing dog walker appeal for 'key' witness

Sky have now updated again with the text from the original lancashire police update.

It is important because it describes what this witness was doing.

'The woman was seen walking along Garstang Road / Blackpool Lane in the village of St Michael's, from the direction of Allotment Lane towards the Grapes pub, at around 8.22am.'

'She is again seen walking on Allotment Lane towards Garstang Road just under 20 minutes later at 8.41am.'

'It is believed the woman could have walked along the river path during these times - with detectives urging her to get in touch.'

Just a thought - so no sniffer dogs found a trail near the mobile home site, I’m assuming they also found no trail by the river?!
Good question. I wonder if sniffer dogs were taken to a place she was witnessed and then to the bank edge where police thought she fell in, what the 2 reactions would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151