Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But you’d think she’d be even less bothered about it being in the river to retrieve it, if that was the case. Also a ball rolling into the river from that height would surely float out quite far from the bank before she even got remotely close to it. Maybe not. But I’m not sold on the ball theory, even if there was a ball
I was not thinking that she would try to get the ball - more likely that maybe she did not want the dog in the water in the cold- pretty cold- not near the car- maybe no towel to dry him off... dogs are always going in cold water, but it is usually the owners who get injured, IMO.

So in my opinion Witness 2 is located along Blackpool lane on the opposite side of the road to the entrance of Allotment Lane.

From street view it looks like a black dome camera is fixed to the underside sofit of the rendered house on the corner of Allotment Lane. The garden fence railings match the street view image.

Mark up created by myself. High quality link below

View attachment 400195

Images from Google Earth Pro and Street View
Image of woman with push chair from here
High Quality version of attached here
That is brilliant!

I haven't seen it suggested anywhere by the police that NB sat on the bench.
If she put the phone on the bench at 9.20 when the police say it was on the bench, she may have been walking past the bench at the time and put the phone down for a reason.
Also, I don't personally think it suspicious if someone on a dog walk in the country does decide to sit down on a conveniently placed bench overlooking the river with an ongoing video call on her phone, the reasons could be infinite.

I do take slight issue with the police stating her phone was on the bench at 9:20, they can’t know that, just that it was in the bench area.

How normal is it to leave your car in a school car park to walk your dog down the river? Whilst on a zoom call…
Even in big every company member meetings I like to sit and listen and concentrate, I’m not saying it’s the same for NB but it’s weird. Does the school have CCTV footage of her leaving the car?
<modsnip> it is very common to log in and semi-listen whilst doing other things

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

I hope that lake has been searched.

However, I assume the police are sure NB was actually at the bench with her phone because of Fitbit data. If this isn’t the case then snatching her from top field and then planting the phone, dog and harness would be a clever move.
so where was NB while the dog and phone were being planted? Where was the dog while NB was being snatched ? Don't buy this theory sorry JMO

Unlikely it’s murder with so many random walkers around that area in broad daylight. Unlikely you could kidnap anyone in that location particularly with their pet dog there. And from I’ve read she wasn’t depressed or seeking a new life.

It really only leaves her falling into the river. If you look at the riverbank from the bench the left hand side is steep enough to fall in and not be able to get out with little to grip onto especially if wearing 3/4 length coat and wellies. The shock would take your breath away and if falling forward your first breath would fill your lungs with water.

The only reason I can see her placing her phone on the bench with the lead is because she required both hands to retrieve the dog or some object just below her eye line of the riverbank.

There would be no skid marks if she was leaning forward towards the riverbank. Unlikely but she could have fainted with a rush of blood in leaning forward. Sometimes it doesn’t take much even in your mid-40s.

Unlikely it’s murder with so many random walkers around that area in broad daylight. Unlikely you could kidnap anyone in that location particularly with their pet dog there. And from I’ve read she wasn’t depressed or seeking a new life.

It really only leaves her falling into the river. If you look at the riverbank from the bench the left hand side is steep enough to fall in and not be able to get out with little to grip onto especially if wearing 3/4 length coat and wellies. The shock would take your breath away and if falling forward your first breath would fill your lungs with water.

The only reason I can see her placing her phone on the bench with the lead is because she required both hands to retrieve the dog or some object just below her eye line of the riverbank.

There would be no skid marks if she was leaning forward towards the riverbank. Unlikely but she could have fainted with a rush of blood in leaning forward. Sometimes it doesn’t take much even in your mid-40s.

There's no body.

Maybe Rowanter is just an acre (though I don’t know the size of the lake), but that means it was even easier for the police and sniffer dogs to search.

Sniffer dogs also haven't confirmed she went in the water either (and they did have some on the banks and in the boats as well on some pictures) so that can't be a reason to eliminate the RowanWater area.

<modsnip>

I hope that lake has been searched.

However, I assume the police are sure NB was actually at the bench with her phone because of Fitbit data. If this isn’t the case then snatching her from top field and then planting the phone, dog and harness would be a clever move.
so where was NB while the dog and phone were being planted? Where was the dog while NB was being snatched ? Don't buy this theory sorry JMO

I have followed this case from the start and I have to agree with the police that this is a tragic accident and nicholas has ended up in the river by accident . It reminds me of a case where I live of a young man who fell into the water. His dog stayed on the river bank where he fell in. Sadly his body was found weeks later on the shore. It was also a tidal river and took weeks for his body to turn up. Items of his clothing took a couple of weeks to turn up on the river banks. Sorry if this upsets anyone but it's from experience

I agree in theory, but despite a lot of resources - there's no body.

If it was not an accident in the river, then I’m sure we’d have to agree there was foul play? If there was foul play where on the circuit could it have taken place? Would it have to have been by someone who was familiar with the location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021