Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi loobyloo,
I was referring to the Shard Bridge Emergency Vehicle incident, about an hour ago. Perhaps you were thinking of something ELSE that happened 40 miles away?
The Brit in our household here in the U.S. says that the Shard Bridge is 5-7 miles from St. Michaels on Wyre, where NB disappeared. (depending on......if you consider the bends in the river when calculating distance. )
This article here also confirms that.
Your post seemed to be a reply to @EyeCandy's question about the Barrowford canal incident.
1675729224758.png
(screenshot for clarity)

Yes, the Shard Bridge is about 7 miles away. Your comment makes sense now :)

“Police, the coastguard and ambulance workers were all in attendance, according to the Sun newspaper. "The search of the sand and surrounding area near to Shard Bridge by Lancashire Police and the Coastguard proved negative," police confirmed to the tabloid tonight.”

Drats. Really thought that might be it.

Peter Faulding was interviewed tonight, he doesn't think NB is in the river.

Expert diver says he ‘doesn’t think’ Nicola Bulley is in River Wyre

Speaking to TalkTV on Monday night, he said: “I personally don’t think she’s in the river, that’s just my gut instinct at this point.”

He added that they would go back up the river on Tuesday, to search once again near the point where Bulley’s mobile phone was found on a bench.

The children are 6 and 9 years old and went to clubs and sleepovers to keep up an air of normality - probably ballet or gym club. Not clubbing and drinking!!!

Speaking to TalkTV on Monday night, he said: “I personally don’t think she’s in the river, that’s just my gut instinct at this point.”

He added that they would go back up the river on Tuesday, to search once again near the point where Bulley’s mobile phone was found on a bench.

Were they searching up to shard bridge next or were the police alerted seprerately to it earlier this afternoon?

I'd say go to the weir area and work back from that, isn't that eastwards?

If he doesn't think NB is in the river, is he suspecting misadventure then?

Unless she has voluntarily disappeared (a possibility I guess) then I find it hard to see how she could be anywhere in water, unless a thorough land search of the area has not been conducted which I would have thought has happened by now.

Anything falling in the river would I imaging not travel too far given how it meanders.

I just think she has been missed in a river with probably zero visibility.

If he doesn't think NB is in the river, is he suspecting misadventure then?

He isn’t the most tactful speaker MOO. He has said some pretty arrogant/ignorant things in the past few days. But he has been consistently outspoken that he doesn’t believe NB is in the river and that her phone was planted purely to make it look like she was. He lambasted the LE for not sealing the area off amongst other things .

I've not seen him refer to the feasibility that she's already out to sea by now which I think is strange considering it might actually be in his area of knowledge and he seems to have an opinion on everything else.

Take a break folks. Thread is closed for cleanup. Fundraising discussions are not allowed at Websleuths.

A new thread will be open shortly, and the whole fundraising discussion is off limits. The ONLY thing WS allows in relation to discussing a fundraiser is if it is run by family or close friends and the introduction info contains other, new facts that may not have been available through other approved sources. Otherwise, WS does not get into the drama of the whole fundraising scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle