Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted on this thread that the police said they searched the abandoned house. I am just thinking......when exactly did they start the search? I think in the (unlikely) case of an abduction, the problem is that the police fairly quickly believed that she was in the water. This would give a perp a time advantage for removing potential evidence.
I'm sure it would have been soon after the disappearance. In a large and complex police investigation like this, they can publicly disclosed a working hypothesis without completely ignoring other avenues or suspicions.

An ‘abductor’ is rarely a professional abductor who fits a mould r works to a certain skill set. Normally any person who has a massive grievance or hated or passion for another person that is driving him to act in this manner. Do in this case an abductor would probably be someone intensely attracted to her / outraged by something/ jealous / driven to extreme behaviour … maybe because they’ve stopped thinking rationally. So my natural inclination thinks that it is a relative newcomer into her life who has become a little obsessed. She is extremely attractive I think and sadly would draw admirers
So your ruling out a "her"

I don’t recall a case with such a mess with regards to timings, witnesses, where the phone, dog, harness lead is etc. Particularly when that info has been told to the public. Many don’t even really believe there’s merely a 10 minute window in which whatever happened to Nicola, took place. It’s wrapping us in knots and must be frustrating for the family.

Either the police need better training in this area, or could this possibly be contradictory and vague for a specific reason? If anyone else is involved, they must be feeling very clever at the moment. It looks like no-one has a clue what’s happened. But behind the scenes the police have gathered masses amounts of info. Cases are as much about ruling things out. That’s why an accurate search of the river is so important. I just hope the police and this search guy are right in their belief that Nicola hasn’t reached the sea, because unless she’s found in the river, we won’t ever really know this, for certain.
the family will have far more information than the public do, MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I had already read the latest Lancashire Police statement and nowhere does it say that Rowanwater residential lodges were searched anytime, let alone on the first day. It says there was a search of empty caravans in the vicinity, which I took to mean the Wyreside Caravan park, not the occupied residential lodges on Rowanwater.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is zero point speculating about Willow’s reaction. No one knows this dog. Using breed characteristics is pointless, humanising the dog is pointless. Unless Willow had been put into this position previously no one can say with certainty how willow would have reacted and therefore her ‘part’ in this.

There is zero point speculating about Willow’s reaction. No one knows this dog. Using breed characteristics is pointless, humanising the dog is pointless. Unless Willow had been put into this position previously no one can say with certainty how willow would have reacted and therefore her ‘part’ in this.

The Telegraph is reporting comparisons to the murder of Laura Torn in 2003. It’s behind a paywall so not posting screenshot, but in that case a river was searched for days because one of the victim’s shoes was found close to river. She was eventually discovered some distance away in a haystack . BBC report - BBC NEWS | UK | England | Humber | Missing Laura's body found

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, has Willow been taken back to the site since?

I get a few ..... "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly ...... oh, sorry is that your blood-soaked leg it's running off with ..... funny, it's never done that before ..." type vibes of some of the posts !

Exactly. The witnesses may have been incorrect in their times as well. There could have been an hour or longer window.
From the information we have, Nicola could have disappeared any time after approximately 9.10. In my opinion they must have some information that suggests Nicola disappeared (probably into the water) between 9.20 and 9.30. I can only think that this comes from the Fitbit/phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk