Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am getting so heartbroken for family and the feeding frenzy surrounding this case.

There has clearly been a communication and trust breakdown between police and family/friends. Reminds me oddly of some of the medical cases like that of Archie battersby (?spelling) recently - family could just not agree with the professionals and were constantly in the news.

There is no part of anyone who wants their loved ones to have passed, the brain is incredibly inventive in this way IMO especially without concrete evidence. It is also going to be incredibly hard to process information etc in this acute, maddening, grief and fear.

Really despise sections of media for blowing minor comments into headlines but it’s what they do.

I’m glad her work and boss are staying out of it like they should be. You don’t need to talk to the press to help Nicola and her family.

PF is a volunteer basically, I’m not sure why he would be given further details, also he was the one who claimed he could find her if she were in the river, with his sonar, and not sure that needs police investigation details to turn on either. If I were in charge of this investigation (I’m in no way part of LE!!) I wouldn’t tell him anything, he’s on a podcast now?! Police and SGI have obviously parted company on slightly ugly terms IMO.

DM hire experts to stir the pot I swear, the ones they use in my profession are considered wildly discredited and outrageous.

(9Doesn’t mean I don’t believe PF and his sonar in addition to the police divers, have correctly identified she is not in that section of the river.)
Wait and see the police thanking them at the next conference though. EVERYTHING about this case is nothing but odd to me.

Hi all,
I have been reading/following all this thread (multiple) and one thing nobody mentioned (or I missed it) was - did PA ever try to contact NB on her phone at all? as she hasn't returned home for a long time?
One would expect if NB was working that day she would have retuned home in 30 mins?
So PA did ever try to phone to check if all was ok? or wondered why she is not home yet?

thanks

It’s been mentioned quite a few times. For all we know her timings were completely normal. My wife can get delayed for ages talking to people on the school run. IMO

Then why isn't she in the river? Others have gone in to the same river and turned up weeks later but haven't been searched for as thoroughly as she has and can't find reports of anyone going in and never being found.
To be honest nobody knows the answer to that question. My only comment was on what information the police have that makes them so sure she went in the water and this the only explanation I can think of if they have access to the data. For what it's worth I think she did go into the water but that it's more likely from an assault than an accident. If it is an assault then maybe she was removed but I'm guessing there. According to my fitbit app I stopped Breathing at 10.40 last night, I didn't that was the time I took it off for charging but it shows they are very precise if they can be accessed by the police

To be honest nobody knows the answer to that question. My only comment was on what information the police have that makes them so sure she went in the water and this the only explanation I can think of if they have access to the data. For what it's worth I think she did go into the water but that it's more likely from an assault than an accident. If it is an assault then maybe she was removed but I'm guessing there. According to my fitbit app I stopped Breathing at 10.40 last night, I didn't that was the time I took it off for charging but it shows they are very precise if they can be accessed by the police

They would need the device to get the data

Hi all,
I have been reading/following all this thread (multiple) and one thing nobody mentioned (or I missed it) was - did PA ever try to contact NB on her phone at all? as she hasn't returned home for a long time?
One would expect if NB was working that day she would have retuned home in 30 mins?
So PA did ever try to phone to check if all was ok? or wondered why she is not home yet?

thanks
We don’t know. There was an hour before he was searching so my guess is he would be frantically trying to get hold of her.
I think if I’d been called to say my other half’s phone and the dog had been found I’d dash down there to look and collect poochy, whilst calling en route just in case they’d returned, but we don’t know how we’d react in essence do we.

Let's think logically. If she's not in the river now, as the expert insists, then A. She never was in there. B. She was but is now in the Irish Sea or C. She fell in but climbed out.

As police seem sure she went in then she must be out in the sea now. Anyone disagree?
I did wonder if a situation took place when NB may have been sitting on the bench that would have required her to enter the water. A disturbance on the opposite river bank perhaps. There was the possibility she may get wet so stood up leaving her phone on the bench. Walked towards the water turning to throw the harness and lead in the general direction of the bench from a position down the slope. Her aim was off and they landed on the grass. She then turned to look to enter the water.

I then think she would of taken her longest coat off to stop it getting wet and of course her car keys would have been in the pocket. This theory then doesn’t stack up.

Why is there no scent detectable by Willow or the search dogs? I do then wonder about the last witness who “recognised” her in the top field. I then think about the person who found the phone and Willow and her subsequent actions. Would this be a person setting an explainable decoy?
I guess until LP divulge more information on their findings we can do nothing but speculate. I would however like to see dashboard footage placing her entering the fields in the first instance.
Other ponderings, why wasn’t she wearing a woolly hat as shown in lots of her photos?
Also, what was the topic of the work teams call? Is there a chance it could of been announcing redundancies or other negative news?

I do not know how helpful this summary might be? But I thought I would post it just in case it might be helpful to those following this tragic story.Here is a quick synopsis of the article:

As the search enters its sixth day, these are the five most baffling clues surrounding Nicola's disappearance.

1. Final phonecall
Nicola's employer Exclusively Mortgages confirmed she had logged on to a team meeting on her mobile.

2. Nicola's dog is found alone without harness

3. The mum's phone is discovered
Nicola's mobile was also discovered by the passer-by on a bench heading towards Wyreside Farm Caravan Park.

4. Nicola seemed 'normal' in last sighting
Police have tracked down a "potentially key witness" who may have been the last person to see Nicola at around 9.15am.

He was in the area at the time Nicola went missing while walking his own dog.

5. Search near abandoned home
Police are searching the perimeter of an abandoned listed home close to where Nicola vanished.

5 unanswered questions in Nicola Bulley's disappearance as search enters 6th day

A lot of talk of dashcams. Do these come built in to most cars these days or are they a little camera you buy yourself? If the latter surely barely anyone has one?! And they’d only show a very small snippet in time
Think can buy yourself, or I’ve seen various car insurance policies have reduced rates if you’re happy to have a dash cam and they provide it.

I assume this was at high tide, yes? Just to show how really how impossible it would be for a body to transport down river ...
not on the day she disappeared tho.. it was flowing over the weir he said in one of his interviews.. the longish one just as we moved to this thread..

No, I don't know the dog at all. It just seems incredible to me that it would hang around, agitated, while its owner was being attacked and not approach. Do you honestly think that's a reasonable theory then? I don't have a dog, so I'm making an educated guess. I'm asking sincerely...
Suffice to say, dogs are very protective over their owners. And I say this because I have a dog. As mentioned in an earlier post, my dog goes into melt down, quivering, at the sight of my partner going into water for a swim. I know I'm theorising, but I do believe if NB had indeed got in trouble in the water, the dog would have stood by the river bank barking. The police now admit that she could have gone down the path with the broken CCTV. I for one do not think she's in the river, and as said in another post, this case is beginning to have the hallmarks of the Suzanne Lamplugh case. Like NB, Suzy also worked in the property market and disappeared. Decades on, she's yet to be found. Going back to the dog, I own a dog and walk him at regular times of the day I.e. someone watching me would soon know when I am in a particular place walking my dog. Just wondering whether someone had been stalking NB, knew her walk pattern, BUT also which CCTVs in the locality didn't work? Also someone who she knew so didn't cause the dog to be alarmed. These are just my thoughts...

I would hope the police would share this information with the family, I really don’t see any reasonable explanation for not doing so. As TA stated because this is not yet a criminal investigation the police do not have the authority to enter and search buildings.
I forgot to reply properly & went off at a tangent

re the bold bit - just to say that the abandoned house owner could have given LE permission. ( Police do not have permission without warrant unless owner accepts willingly. Riley said 'empties' had been searched in that way, owners agreed to allow it)

Is there a reason why we haven’t seen a single dash cam image of NB walking between the school and river path? Even if she only passed 50 cars surely one of them has dashcam???

What about her car on the drive to school? Did any other vehicles pass her and have dashcam? (Might show her/a passenger/any cars behind her?)

Surely LE or someone desperate for social media likes/attention would have leaked one by now?
That's interesting. They are asking for dashcam for the 9.10-915 timescale. But presumably the traffic would be far busier during the school run. If they had CCTV though surely they would release it. It would put to bed what she was actually wearing on the actual walk.

forgot to reply properly & went off at a tangent

re the bold bit - just to say that the abandoned house owner could have given LE permission. ( Police do not have permission without warrant unless owner accepts willingly. Riley said 'empties' had been searched in that way, owners agreed to allow it)

I never meant to bold that. Yes could well have.

That's interesting. They are asking for dashcam for the 9.10-915 timescale. But presumably the traffic would be far busier during the school run. If they had CCTV though surely they would release it. It would put to bed what she was actually wearing on the actual walk.
Edited by me. On further reflection I don't think they have. They surely would have used it at the pressers.

not on the day she disappeared tho.. it was flowing over the weir he said in one of his interviews.. the longish one just as we moved to this thread..
There are two high tides each day, so I'm assuming he took the photo of his grounded boat at high tide to show a body couldn't pass by, because if he did it at low tide then that would be misleading. As for the monthly cycle and Jan 27, and when the photo was taken ... I was thinking of giving that a miss .. :)

The use of 'suddenly' struck me as odd too.
I must admit, I too thought when she used the word “suddenly” in that sentence it sounded odd.

I’m wondering if it’s sloppy journalism or possibly the woman is elderly and may <modsnip: unnecessarily scrutinizing witness>

One question please: did she go to her meeting before discovering whose dog it was?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit, I too thought when she used the word “suddenly” in that sentence it sounded odd.

I’m wondering if it’s sloppy journalism <modsnip: unnecessarily scrutinizing witness>

One question please: did she go to her meeting before discovering whose dog it was?
some irrelevant rubbish I wrote .. DBM

she might have thought she knew, but then the name just escaped her as she was about to say it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member