GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

Discussion in 'Trials' started by RobinCAL, Jun 7, 2020.

1. RobinCAL

RobinCAL Well-Known Member

I think robbery could of been an element of this but I wonder why their bag was still with them and their phones had been thrown into the pond. I imagine he didn't anticipate being as injured as he was and that stopped him.

2. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

The south London link is interesting though. Could just be coincidence but it obviously is a good way from Wembley

3. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Sympathy for the less fortunate.

Maybe he took the phones but it turned out they were locked in some way and were hard to unlock so he decided he couldn't do anything with it, to much fuzz, just throwing them away? Or he suddenly? realized...this things are traceble..and disposed of them...I don't know. Did we know the content of the bag...I don't remember...it could have been emptied.

4. RobinCAL

True, it could of been emptied and I think I'm being a bit too rational but you can sell the bag? But yes, it could of been like that and probably is more likely

5. Bit of hope

I have to go with you on this one...I don't know London at all. Yes...from Google Earth :)

6. Bit of hope

I don't know....but I can't picture a 18 year old boy selling a lady's bag without being laughed at...it's not cool/chill, so to say. JMO

7. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

Thank goodness there has been an arrest! I expected it to be someone older too.

8. TizerisT

TizerisT Active Member

I am hopeful, thank heavens this seems to be going the right way...RIP to them :(

9. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Possibly - maybe a dna connection ?

10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Or a connection (to both?) through one of the woman's occupation as a social worker? speculation.

11. rodyarodya

rodyarodya Active Member

I'm surprised for sure. Having grown up in London, knife crime here is usually gang on gang. Those not in that life generally safe cos they're of little interest. This is something different to me.

Amazing all the same. The family might finally see some justice. I guess the police and forensics came through *eventually*.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Al Ka, HongKongPhooey, dotr and 3 others like this.
  12. RobinCAL

13. RobinCAL

"Danyal Hussein, 18, of Blackheath, to appear at Westminster magistrates court"

"A teenager has been charged with the murder of sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman in a park in Wembley, north London, on June 6.
    Danyal Hussein, 18, of Blackheath, south-east London, has also been charged with possession of an offensive weapon and will appear in custody at Westminster magistrates court on Thursday."

HayLouise, Al Ka, Kasmeer and 10 others like this.
  14. rodyarodya

rodyarodya Active Member

There's 17 miles between the arrest location of Blackheath and Fryent Country Park. We were still in a type of lockdown when these murders happened. That's a lot of distance. Easily made in a car, and a bike too (if your butt is up for it!), but still interesting. Are we sure this is a stranger link? If you're young and own a car or know a friend who does, I guess you probs would drive all over.

Food for thought all the same.

dotr, Tortoise, Ellmau and 1 other person like this.
  15. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Well-Known Member

Presumably they have his DNA from the blood left at the scene, which is why they were able to charge him so quickly, but I’m stunned that one teenage boy did this.

I’m not saying I now think that anyone else is involved, just that I had thought it would turn out to either be someone much older or several people.

As robbery now doesn’t seem to have been a motive, I guess the most obvious alternative would be sexual assault :(.

Marg from Oz, dotr, Tortoise and 3 others like this.
  16. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

I wonder how they found him, and if someone reported their suspicions about him to the police?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  17. Ironside

Ironside Well-Known Member

I would guess this guy has confessed as he has been charged pretty quickly. Very curious to see how the police tracked him down and what was the motive for the crime.

18. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

IMHO the perp must have appeared on CCTV, and once he got on the bus and used his Oyster card it would have been simple to track him down.

But why was he there at all? My orginal idea would was a drugs crime, delusions under the influence of something, but <modsnip> the choice of weapon, it could be terror related as well. Or both.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2020
  19. Omasa4

Omasa4 Well-Known Member

< modsnip>

also there would be hardly If any buses at 1am during lockdown in London. The public transport connections from north to south London are notoriously bad. Legal age for driving in UK is 17 so possible he could have had a car .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2020
  20. Bit of hope

Maybe the police managed to lift a fingerprint from something and they found a match because he was already on their records. He could have turned himself in. People could have noticed he was injured, knowing the story and called the cops. CCTV-footage. They must have been on to him, for whatever reason, first, only after that they could have found a DNA match.