UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it has been reported as Facebook messenger throughout..since he first was mentioned...and even still Facebook yesterday

"On Friday, March 31, the court was read a series of Facebook messages on the evening of June 25 between Letby and a registrar, who cannot be named for legal reasons."

I find this surprising considering how long they had been messaging ..it does speak of a yet budding relationship

I'm not so sure. I certainly know people who use FB messenger rather than WhatsApp. Some people just seem to use whatever messenger is open at the time. It may simply be the case that they started chatting on FB messenger and just continued with it.

I know; I was just thinking that if he was married, it would be inappropriate to flirt with her, but he could be divorced, as others have said.
I don't he'd have been married at the time given the offer to use his car. That would have created huge suspicion at home.

I don't he'd have been married at the time given the offer to use his car. That would have created huge suspicion at home.
No idea if he's married, divorced, separated or never ever with the mother of his kids but as he was working the night shift, and his car would've otherwise been at the hospital all night,any hypothetical partner would've been none the wiser about where the car was all night. Unless they lived nearby and happened to see LL in it obviously.

I'm not so sure. I certainly know people who use FB messenger rather than WhatsApp. Some people just seem to use whatever messenger is open at the time. It may simply be the case that they started chatting on FB messenger and just continued with it.

Possibly yes ..but I can't help but be a little suprised they hadn't "progressed" to phone

Possibly yes ..but I can't help but be a little suprised they hadn't "progressed" to phone
Luckily for investigators :D
Imagine your private messages read in Court and printed in media for all to see.
OMG
Embarrassment brought by oneslf.

Nothing better than chatting on the phone, who needs texting? :)

I think it's unlikely doc choc was married or with someone else at the time. After all, another nurse messaged Letby to say essentially 'i think this doctor likes you'. I don't think she'd do that if he was with someone else as it wouldn't be appropriate. Also when Letby responded to say 'he's nice but I don't fancy him', I think she would have added 'and he's married' at this point.

I think it's unlikely doc choc was married or with someone else at the time. After all, another nurse messaged Letby to say essentially 'i think this doctor likes you'. I don't think she'd do that if he was with someone else as it wouldn't be appropriate. Also when Letby responded to say 'he's nice but I don't fancy him', I think she would have added 'and he's married' at this point.
Also doctors are considered junior doctors until they're consultants which doesn't usually happen until late 30s/ early 40s. He could have been 10 years older than her but that's hardly remarkable.

No idea if he's married, divorced, separated or never ever with the mother of his kids but as he was working the night shift, and his car would've otherwise been at the hospital all night,any hypothetical partner would've been none the wiser about where the car was all night. Unless they lived nearby and happened to see LL in it obviously.
Or if she crashed it, or if someone saw her with it or drove past her house and saw it on the drive, or when the inevitable gossip found its way back to the wife/GF, etc.

Loaning your car to the "other woman" is a definite short cut to the divorce courts. I have similar experience (not me being naughty, btw) and it always ends badly, imex.

Or if she crashed it, or if someone saw her with it or drove past her house and saw it on the drive, or when the inevitable gossip found its way back to the wife/GF, etc.

Loaning your car to the "other woman" is a definite short cut to the divorce courts. I have similar experience (not me being naughty, btw) and it always ends badly, imex.

Yeah not saying it would be without risk, but I've known folk do riskier things in those hypothetical circumstances.

Luckily for investigators :D
Imagine your private messages read in Court and printed in media for all to see.
OMG
Embarrassment brought by oneslf.

Nothing better than chatting on the phone, who needs texting? :)

Yes, we get so much more info these days than if this had happened back in the days before everybody had mobiles and would have had to call or talk to somebody in person.

Yet again, LL is so, so busy, but she always has plenty of time to be in contact with colleagues, friends and even family on social media. It annoys me.
Yes it can be annoying, but let's face it, the reality is that people are on their phones more and more. Even while at work, the mobile phone is never far away.

I can understand the request for a screen but not for the reasons you give; none of these people are actually anonymous as they all state their names so the press know who they are. Photos can't be taken in court so they can't end up on social media or in the papers.

The attending press do but they can't release his name. Dr Choc is anonymous as far as the general public is concerned. His name is not out there, he can't be googled and speculated upon unlike eg. various other witnesses whose full names are referred to in the reporting. Their names can be googled and their identities discovered and we know how invasive and toxic SM can be. That's the difference, that's what I mean by 'anonymous'.

The only thing I would say about LL throwing herself back in (and about it being a coping mechanism as an established nurse) is that it shouldn't be normal for LL to have gathered this much experience of neonatal death at the age of 25.
If you did a survey of level 2 units and you asked all nurses of that age how many babies had died in their care, The answer would range between 0-1 with zero being far, far more likely. I think the change attitude may have been prompted between her and Dr Gibbs.
I've been up and down on the note. At times seeing it as completely obvious confession. It's been argued that it was a brain dumping exercise. I looked this up and turns out it is a genuine CBT approach. If this was true then I'm sure we will hear about this when we hear the police interview transcribed.
Yeh I’m still caught up on the way she seems to deal with it. Her texts make her seem a bit nonchalant and I really don’t think a stoical nonchalance is an appropriate way to deal with that. “Just get over it” certainly isn’t what I think anyone would expect. However that is a coping mechanism and seems to correlate with her own preference for a cathartic approach. Is what it is and remains to be considered.

the note to me was always chaotic and so should IMO be taken with due consideration. I always thought the way it was written indicates things but you can’t cherry pick from it. IMO I was always looking to find the root in nonsensical writings elsewhere and now we have the “not good enough“ text to dr choc I think we know the root. I agree she seems to seek reassurance and praise maybe that ties in with a lack of self esteem as a running theme in her life or the feelings she gets when negative. In other words baseless emotions turned into thought.

I have the same confusion about now.

I had thought he was a junior doctor. But if he is older and has worked in many hospitals---then what does it mean?

Maybe he worked as a nurse and went to med school later, after a divorce? My friend did that. He was a nurse for 15 years then finally did med school.
Now I'm wondering if there's two doctors. Dr choc the junior dr that fancies her and Dr reference an older guy maybe just trying to help her.

So
Dr A and LL chatted by texts through the night, right?

There were gaps in reporting them, meaning contents not related to work/hospital.

I wonder if in order to cheer her up, he sent more texts about Cockington during these wee hours? :D

I mean - flowers in bloom, etc.

So
Dr A and LL chatted by texts through the night, right?

There were gaps in reporting them, meaning contents not related to work/hospital.

I wonder if in order to cheer her up, he sent more texts about Cockington during these wee hours? :D

I mean - flowers in bloom, etc.
You mean something like “the birds and the me’s are the best in cockington”;) or something like that

What is so interesting to me is that the Dr is so very obvious about affection toward LL — offering rides, calling the ER to have her seen quickly, etc. I am a healthcare hospital worker and it is considered to be quite scandalous to do that - even with good intentions - and I don’t know many doctors who would’ve risked their reputations for it. I once dated a doctor in my hospital (both single, nothing nefarious) and we had to keep it extremely private - because he was considered a supervisor to my role, it would’ve been very, very frowned upon and ultimately not worth it (unless we were madly in love - which LL did not seem to be). Are there different views on this in the UK?

I am so uncomfortable reading their texts. JMO

What is so interesting to me is that the Dr is so very obvious about affection toward LL — offering rides, calling the ER to have her seen quickly, etc. I am a healthcare hospital worker and it is considered to be quite scandalous to do that - even with good intentions - and I don’t know many doctors who would’ve risked their reputations for it. I once dated a doctor in my hospital (both single, nothing nefarious) and we had to keep it extremely private - because he was considered a supervisor to my role, it would’ve been very, very frowned upon and ultimately not worth it (unless we were madly in love - which LL did not seem to be). Are there different views on this in the UK?

I am so uncomfortable reading their texts. JMO

I don't think anyone would have a problem with it over here IMO. Doctors aren't nurses' supervisors in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10