UK - Of over 8000 missing person cases only two remain open, States of Jersey, Channel Is

doodles1211

Reaction score
Only two cases still open from 8,000 Jersey missing person cases

he Government of Jersey has revealed that, out of 8,318 missing person cases since 2007, only two remain open.

Over 8,000 cases were reported between April 2007 and June 2019, however those created and resolved before then are no longer held.

Of the two which remain open:

• Person A was a female visitor who arrived in Jersey in May 1959, and it is understood that she intended to meet with friends from Guernsey.
  • Person B is listed as going missing in January 1980; she was a female visitor believed to have gone swimming in rough seas.
According to the States of Jersey, a missing person is defined as "anyone whose whereabouts cannot be established will be considered as missing until located, and their well-being or otherwise confirmed".

In 2010 there was a review into all historic paper records of missing people. From this it was identified that two of these historic cases remain open.

Within these figures, the same person may have been reported missing several times.

Last updated Wed 10 Jul 2019

So should the numerous NJ cases here be cleared out as "resolved"?

So should the numerous NJ cases here be cleared out as "resolved"?
No, it's only all but two cases that are older than those from 2007 that can be cleared out as "resolved". The cases from 2007 to today are still active.

I might be wrong but I don't think this article is referring to New Jersey. I think this article is referring to States of Jersey, one of the Channel Islands of the UK..

I might be wrong but I don't think this article is referring to New Jersey. I think this article is referring to States of Jersey, one of the Channel Islands of the UK..

I’m pretty sure you are right. I looked at the rest of the information on the page with that. When looking at the weather it was in Celsius for the uk, if it was the United States it would have been in Fahrenheit

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back