Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

NOTGUILTY UK - Palmira Silva, 82, decapitated, Edmonton, London, 4 Sept 2014 *Insanity*

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by zwiebel, Sep 6, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

'A man accused over the suspected beheading of a grandmother in north London has been remanded in custody.'

Nicholas Salvador, 25, a cage-fighter from Edmonton known locally as 'Fat Nick', was arrested after a rampage which saw a machete-wielding man leaping over fences to kill a cat, before attacking people in their cars.

The decapitated body of Italian grandmother Palmira Silva, 82, was later found in a garden in Edmonton. Neighbours described her as a very sweet, loving lady who owns a popular cafe and moved to England from Italy decades ago. Police raced up and down the street warning people to run for their lives and Salvador had to be tasered before police could arrest him.

He was booked and charged with murder but refused to answer any questions in court. He'll appear at the Old Bailey High Court, next Tuesday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29093538

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-charged-murder-italian-grandmother-4173641

Link for photo of Victim Mrs Silva. Rest in peace.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2743651/Woman-beheaded-machete-London-garden.html

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

This article is mentioning Nicholas is a Muslim convert, but to be honest it doesn't seem to me that religion has any bearing on this crime.

'Details have begun to emerge about the man arrested for the murder of a great grandmother beheaded in her back garden.'

'He was named locally as Nicholas Salvadore, a 25-year-old would-be cage fighter who is believed to be a Muslim convert, who had been living a few doors from 82-year-old Palmira Silva.'

'One told how he heard him shouting “the cats have stolen my lighter” as he hacked an animal to pieces.'

A photo of Salvadore (Salvador? It's being spelt different ways) has been released, though it's really odd.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...suspected-of-murdering-82yearold-9714057.html

Attached Files:

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I think that photo may accurately depict the state of the man's mind; dislocated, to say the least.

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Typical of a tabloid -- play on our hate.

6. Fluttershy

Fluttershy Member

7. pukasonqo2

pukasonqo2 Member

i agree with you, religion has nothing to do with this crime. he could be mentally ill or a drug user. the standard newspaper is fear mongering

poor signora silva and her family, what an awful way to die.

lupus est homini homo, non homo, non quom qualis sit novit

8. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

I think being a "would-be" cage fighter is much more likely to be at least partially responsible than possibly being a Muslim convert. Those guys don't use much, if any, protection. MOO

9. josie1986

josie1986 Verified Juanette

This country is going to pot with everything that's happened in the last week.

Will be glad to be rid of it in 19days hopefully.

10. Yoda

Yoda Master

I am am interested to see the outcome of the vote.

11. josie1986

josie1986 Verified Juanette

We are 2 points clear officially but every poll by joe public it's been a landslide but I can't get complacent. For once I feel like when I cast my vote it will actually mean something.

Sorry for getting off topic

12. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I have to admit that I am suspicious that his recent conversion may have played a part in his actions.

13. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From June 2015:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ed-woman-tell-of-despair-as-killer-cleared-of