UK - Parents of baby who died after they got drunk and forgot where he was avoid char

More from Ellmau's link:

[...]
Coroner Alan Wilson recorded an open verdict after hearing from a pathologist that she believed he had died as a result of unsafe sleeping arrangements.
Following the inquest, Neil said: ‘It was Christmas and we both had more than we should’ve, but neither of us was inebriated. I believe I had a fit. There’s no way a four-week-old baby can make it from our room into Alex’s room on his own. It’s a sheer impossibility.
‘One of us had to have moved him but when I have a fit I can’t remember half an hour before or after. I can’t remember taking him in there, so that’s the most viable explanation. It’s the most sensible one.’
[...]

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/06/paren...e-he-was-avoid-charges-5799582/#ixzz459PYV8T6

4ce87ecbae1e05a64776c3f7ac586281.jpg

The entire article is a must-read, if you can stomach it. My heart is broken for this precious little angel! I just do not understand why no charges were filed. :no:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fit? What does that mean?

My sentiments exactly! When I read that I almost fell out of my chair. It sounds like it's a pattern of behavior for her JMO. That said, if she's prone to anything that would endanger the welfare of her tiny infant, AND then she gets smashed on alcohol, why was she and hubby not held accountable?

What could this mean? A fit of rage? A seizure? :dunno: What I do know is that it is inexcusable IMO!

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fit? What does that mean?

My guess would be, she had an alcoholic blackout. Walking around & functioning, but no memory of it later.

This quote - "when I have a fit I can’t remember half an hour before or after" - suggests to me that she has these "fits" regularly.

My guess would be, she had an alcoholic blackout. Walking around & functioning, but no memory of it later.

This quote - "when I have a fit I can’t remember half an hour before or after" - suggests to me that she has these "fits" regularly.

Those poor kids, having parents like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back