Found Deceased UK - Peter Edwards, 38, last seen in Skelton, Cleveland, 22 Oct 2022

Normal Norm

Reaction score
Cleveland Police are becoming increasingly concerned for the welfare of Peter Edwards who went missing from the Great Ayton area of North Yorkshire on 21st October.

1668880949540.png

The vehicle he is believed to have been driving was located in the Skelton area of East Cleveland on Thursday 1st November, but Peter has not been located.

1668880971958.png

Cleveland Police Facebook page

Cleveland Police added the following information on 08 Nov 2022:

He was last seen on Saturday 22nd October at Asda on Pheasant Fields Lane in Skelton at 5:11pm. It is believed he travelled to Asda in a BMW vehicle (reg beginning YG56) and parked the vehicle at the Longacre pub (opposite Asda).
The vehicle was recovered on Tuesday 1st November.

Officers are appealing to anyone who has CCTV or dash cam footage showing Peter on the above date/time around the area of Asda to come forward. They are also appealing for those with footage showing the BMW prior to the above date and time to come forward. The last vehicle sighting prior to Peter being seen at Asda was at Stokesley Motors on Manor Close in Stokesley.

Peter is from the Great Ayton area in North Yorkshire, however, he does have connections in the Cleveland and the Liverpool areas. It is possible that he has travelled to Liverpool, however, there is currently no evidence to suggest this.

Cleveland Police Facebook page

Today marks five weeks since missing Peter Edwards, 38, was last seen.

He was last seen walking at 5:22pm on Milholme Avenue, Skelton Retail Park, on Saturday 22nd October.

Do you have information regarding his whereabouts? If you do, please call Cleveland Police on 101, quoting SE22200202.

Independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

There’s CCTV from an earlier post missing in the thread, this is the police Link
*** CCTV Footage Released Showing Missing Peter Edwards *** Officers are releasing CCTV footage of missing Peter Edwards which places him on Milholme... | By Cleveland Police | Facebook
people saying looks To be running from someone or something.

Peters mum makes an emotional appeal
Mother’s Appeal for Missing Son to Return Home

The mother of missing Peter Edwards is appealing for her son to return home.

38-year-old Peter was last seen walking at 5:42pm at the side of Asda, Skelton Retail Park, on Saturday 22nd October and he hasn’t been seen by his family since.

Marilyn Edwards, Peter’s mother, said: “Five weeks gone Saturday Peter went missing and this is out of character for him. Peter used to call me every day on his dinner hour; he loves his job, and I know he would never miss work.

“No one just disappears for weeks; he has no belongings with him and the clothes he was wearing when I last saw him were not warm clothes.

“Peter is 38 years old, but he is still my baby. I’m not sleeping well at all; please if you know anything at all just get in touch so we can find him.”

Detective Chief Inspector Steve Chatterton said: “Peter is close to his mum and the fact that he has not been in touch with her for this length of time is worrying.

“His family and the Force are extremely concerned for his welfare and our team of officers are leaving no stone unturned in a bid to try and trace him.

“I would ask members of the public who haven’t come forward already with any information regarding Peter and his whereabouts to please do so. All information is relevant to this investigation, no matter how insignificant you think it is.”

There’s CCTV from an earlier post missing in the thread, this is the police Link
*** CCTV Footage Released Showing Missing Peter Edwards *** Officers are releasing CCTV footage of missing Peter Edwards which places him on Milholme... | By Cleveland Police | Facebook
people saying looks To be running from someone or something.
Snipped by me for focus.

Thanks for posting the link, @StillDiggin. I was convinced I had done so myself, but clearly I hadn't.

At least one of the times shown in the video is incorrect (or at least certainly doesn't match up with the timings that the police have given). I'm inclined to believe that the police have done their homework and have given the correct times in the narrative to their appeal.

To my mind, there is no doubt that Peter is seen looking behind several times before breaking into a run. Very mysterious. My hope is that he has made it to Liverpool - it seems to be somewhere that people can exist "off the radar" for quite some length of time.

I can't see anything conclusive about what happened to Peter's car.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd