Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Uk- Police shooting prosecution dropped over secret evidence.

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Supernovae, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Supernovae

Supernovae Active Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-won-t-allow-evidence-heard-open-court.html

2. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

To me, this story reads that UK LE believed someone at face value and did not check or verify info - just acted on it and some father is dead.

25 or more years ago I opened my door at about 11:00 pm to York Region Police LE in Ontario with guns drawn - they had the wrong address. Not much seemed to happen at the adjacent address they asked me about. I consider myself lucky to be alive and to have raised my 2 toddlers in the house at the time. Have always wondered why LE everywhere don't get they are in the business of being lied to.

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

4. Woodland

Imo, chances are the case would collapse in a New York minute and find LE culpable. The secrecy is not going to help the overall LE relationship with the public - again jmo.

5. Supernovae

Supernovae Active Member

From the Guardian article:

BBM

6. Supernovae

Supernovae Active Member

One suggestion was that the operation (and potentially the evidence that couldn't be revealed) had something to do with a memory stick the police had lost containing the details of police informants:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ther--cleared-Two-months-later-shot-dead.html

7. Woodland

Wow, what a story. To me, LE everywhere has managed to 'stack the deck' in their favor. The same type of nonsense in this story is happening in Toronto at the moment - the Chief gave orders that were followed, but he can't testify to what he did or said - similar nonsense to 'corporation sole'. Imo both translate to 'you can't touch me no matter what I do'.

Not going to help anyone - least of all LE. Jmo.