GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At all three properties police seem to be following the same pattern of searching the house and then the garden. This consistently seems to imply that police dont really know what they are looking for specifically - certainly implies that the two currently in custody haven't given them anything solid to go on... just me??

So if they want to know about the car, is it reasonable to assume they have found evidence in the car to suggest Rebecca was in it at some stage?

I have the screen shot of the wteet which includes a pic of the car but it wont let me upload it. May be useful if someone else can??

Not the kind of car to be just dumped
Is the pic of car on a drive with officers stood in front of it and we're looking front on at the car bonnet/front windscreen?

deleted as I have just read a similar post to what I posted above.

At all three properties police seem to be following the same pattern of searching the house and then the garden. This consistently seems to imply that police dont really know what they are looking for specifically - certainly implies that the two currently in custody haven't given them anything solid to go on... just me??

Not just you.

Let's hope identifying this car as of interest really moves things forward now.

They can find out from DVLA who has legitimately owned the vehicle previously.

I agree ..... could be a lot of No Comment going on .......

Attention please

I just had to remove a bunch of posts that contained sleuthing someone who has not been named a POI or suspect.

We don't roll that way here. How would you like it if you or a family member had people posting about you?

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

The only social media allowed is Rebecca's and the find pg.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FIND-Rebecca-WATTS/350338381836726

Please abide by the rules, they are there for a reason.

Thank you :smile:

This case is so frustrating....and mystifying! Where is that poor girl? :(

So if they want to know about the car, is it reasonable to assume they have found evidence in the car to suggest Rebecca was in it at some stage?

Sounds as if this might be the case. They also want to talk to previous owners so it may have been recently sold. Latest tweet from A&SPolice

Avon&Somerset Police ‏@ASPolice · 4 mins4 minutes ago
@SgtTCS we have the car, need info about whereabouts in the past few weeks & contact with previous owners. Thanks for sharing #FindBecky

They can find out from DVLA who has legitimately owned the vehicle previously.

They seem to be more focused on where the car has been though, which doesn't sound good to me at all. :(

I would be curious to know if the family recognize the car as belonging to a family friend or acquaintance. Or indeed either of those arrested, if that info has got back to the family locally.

Sounds as if this might be the case. They also want to talk to previous owners so it may have been recently sold. Latest tweet from A&SPolice

Ah I must have missed the previous owner comment. Perhaps the previous owners are no longer at the address's they were at when they owned the car.

They seem to be more focused on where the car has been though, which doesn't sound good to me at all. :(

I would be curious to know if the family recognize the car as belonging to a family friend or acquaintance. Or indeed either of those arrested, if that info has got back to the family locally.

I would think the first thing the police would've done is ask the fam if they recognised it, wouldn't they? xx

I honestly couldn't guess as to what exactly is going on here. It's all quite odd. I have faith that this will be solved quite soon though.

I'm thinking that at least one of the people in custody maybe has a history of sex offences. I'm thinking that the police informed family fairly early on of where this may be going and that's why Dad posted THAT Facebook comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling