GUILTY UK - Richard Challen, 61, Killed by Wife in Hammer Attack, Surrey, 14 Aug 2011

Bail hearing tomorrow for Sally

David Challen‏ @David_Challen 2h2 hours ago

Tomorrow at 09.30 our mother’s bail and plea hearing will be heard at The Old Bailey, Court 1. For the first time in 9 years our mother could be released and with us. The @cpsuk are fighting her release. Come support our mother’s continued fight for justice!

Sally got bail !

Sally Challen admits killing husband
A woman accused of killing her husband in a hammer attack has been granted bail after pleading guilty to his manslaughter.

Sally Challen, 65, admitted killing 61-year-old Richard on 14 August 2010, but denied a charge of murder.

She was found guilty of murder in June 2011, but the conviction was quashed by the Court of Appeal in February.

Challen, of Claygate in Surrey, appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link and was granted bail.

Mr Justice Edis set a trial date for July 1 "if necessary".

This is just brilliant news, I am so pleased for Sally and her children, first step towards justice

Very encouraging also as Judge Edis has set a trial date "if necessary". I am hoping time Sally has served will be adequate for her admittance of manslaughter, and she will be free.

O/T maybe but imo always seemed a great disparity in judgement between cases of men killing their partners and women committing the same.

Wife home after murder conviction quashed
Sally Challen at home after murder conviction quashed
snipped......*
Mr Challen, 31, posted a photograph of himself with his mother and brother James, 35, on Twitter on Saturday.

He wrote: "First day home with our mother after 9 years in prison."

Speaking outside the Old Bailey on Friday, he said he was "overjoyed" about her release, adding: "Our mother now rejoins our family."*

Very interesting documentary. Both of them displayed intolerable behaviour imho. The extent that her stalker like behaviour was a result of his treatment of her is an interesting thought. I'm not sure the evidence presented in the programme was enough to convince me she heard an existing personality disorder.

I totally understand how someone could just flip after all this years. Awful for the whole family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back