UK UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by lalalemon, Mar 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KensingtonandChelsea

KensingtonandChelsea Well-Known Member

kelsie, Marg from Oz, Al Ka and 3 others like this.

2. Lucy6226

Lucy6226 Well-Known Member

Sadly I feel this will be Richard. What a sad ending. I wonder if searches on his computer pointed to him heading to the pond and hence why the police were so focused on the search there?

3. call_me_a

call_me_a New Member

:( So sad. I'm still saying hopeful but either way it's somebody they've found. This was not the news I was hoping for at all

4. Sherlock'sBlonde

Sherlock'sBlonde Active Member

I'm absolutely gutted! I understand that ID has yet TBC, but (JMO) LE wouldn't have released to the media without good reason to believe it's Richard. This is so sad, my heart is breaking and my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  5. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

If it's him, I wonder how long it'll take the police to determine whether it was suicide or murder.
    Eitherway, it's awful. If it was murder, it'll be dreadful.
    And if it's not him, it'll be someone else. Heartbreaking.....

6. ApparentlyInDenial

ApparentlyInDenial Well-Known Member

Normally the coroner would have an idea by tomorrow. Unless the situation is very very strange (i.e Sarah Everard).

7. Lilbitcurious

Lilbitcurious Member

So RO was off somewhere where I.D was not needed? I’m wondering if bank card and travel pass would be substituted for a passport! JMO

Marg from Oz and dotr like this.
  8. Ironside

Ironside Well-Known Member

Police quite often can’t confirm a suicide, the most they can do is confirm there is no evidence of anything suspicious.

9. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

Sadly I honestly think he was just heading to the forest to end his life.

10. sundaaaay

sundaaaay Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to find out which pond he was found in to see whether the myth of the suicide pond was the reason he chose this location. I suspect this is the reason he chose this spot and that it was decided that day, with alcohol and over the counter drugs likely playing a part, as people have mentioned earlier on the thread, drowning yourself in a pond is not easy to do (unless he cannot swim).

You always wish in all these cases you were there to stop them but suicide doesn’t necessarily look abnormal beforehand.

11. ApparentlyInDenial

ApparentlyInDenial Well-Known Member

It's Wake Valley Pond, just judging by the descriptions and Tweets I've seen. It's miles away from the "suicide pond."

12. KHA

KHA Active Member

Utterly heartbreaking news.

13. sundaaaay

sundaaaay Well-Known Member

How strange, I remain open minded in that case!

14. Sundried

Sundried Well-Known Member

Probably sounds silly if you know the answer but serious question, how would you drown yourself in a pond? Would possibly have to take some kind of medication to make yourself unconscious? I’ve heard of people walking into the sea which makes sense but a pond I can’t really get my head around.

15. call_me_a

call_me_a New Member

I pray not, and the logic doesn't serve this. Along the route from smarts lane (which is more than 45mins by foot), there are a couple of other ponds which are much closer to where he got out of the taxi. And that's 1 heck of a journey to take to do something like that, plenty of time to have second thoughts and talk yourself out of it. That journey is only 7 minutes by car though, he could have just taken the taxi closer.

16. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

ADMIN NOTE:

Please remember there is no official identification of this individual who has been found deceased.

We deal in facts. While it may very well be Richard, the decedent could be anyone. Please keep this in mind going forward until there is an official confirmation as to the identity of this poor deceased person.

17. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

18. candlemaker808

candlemaker808 Active Member

Identification will happen in time. In the meantime, rest in peace to the individual whose remains have been discovered. So very sad.

19. martinwatts5

martinwatts5 Active Member

If this turns out to be Richard it may have been an area he found online but as mentioned above there are questions about the location of the pond. It’s hard to imagine him meeting somebody in the forest and coming to harm, the other option is that the body found was dumped.

20. fyllepo

fyllepo New Member

A good 2 mile or so walk from the taxi drop off along the road to lake valley which I assume is the only way at night to navigate to the lake without getting stuck.

But, who’s to say he wasn’t hit by a car along Epping new road? And dumped into the lake? It runs parallel to the road.

I’m assuming he has no phone battery at this point, he’s been out all day, battery possibly flat by this time. He perhaps at this point is disoriented, perhaps he tried to flag a car down in the middle of the woods, at night, with his dark clothes? I mean this is just one wild theory, but I’m not calling this suicide right now nor should anyone really. We need facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.