Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the Epping Forest Development, how worrying, and why Epping Forest, that seems a bit of a way off from Ladbroke Grove... Very weird. Was he meeting someone? It just seems a bit random. Considering all possibilities that have been based on the information released so far.

That is really worrying update. To go to woods ring alarm bells, to travel outside London and to go there at midnight... I really feel for his mum, she must be beyond herself.

Epping Forest has quite a bad reputation. Lots of bodies also of murder victims recovered there over the years. Though it might be nice during the day there.

Fearing the worst at this moment.

Absolutely this. I feel so much for his mum. I have a son his age who also has a medical condition. You invest so much in keeping them safe and tick the milestones off as they get older - we got him through his first year, we got him through primary, we got him to adulthood. All the hospital appointments, all the scary A&E visits. Then this.

I thought knife. The way he’s gripping it.

*Edited as I was wrong about the name of the Uni*

Which suggests he was on his way somewhere he didn't feel safe - The images certainly do give off a worrying vibe but why Epping Forest. This lad is a Uni Student, from Ladbroke Grove, he's likely to be street smart, so why take the risk, and now I am going to back to what his mother said about online grooming...

Last edited:
Which suggests he was on his way somewhere he didn't feel safe - The images certainly do give off a worrying vibe but why Epping Forest. This lad is an Oxford Student, from Ladbroke Grove, he's likely to be street smart, so why take the risk, and now I am going to back to what his mother said about online grooming...

He's at Oxford Brookes not The University of Oxford -
I'm concerned about the grooming aspect too.

There is the Victoria Tavern in Smart’s Lane, which seems to have good reviews, but I guess that’s closed or take out only in lockdown. Doesn’t seem a likely meeting point.

Also seems that Smart’s Lane is one way for a good portion. Obviously that won’t affect him walking, but may affect transportation for him or someone meeting him.

If he was going to Loughton, why get the bus and then a taxi? Why not get the bus to Marble Arch and the central line all the way to Loughton? Or why not get a taxi all the way from his home direct there? What was the hold up from the bus before he got the taxi? I suppose if he didn’t have cash on him he could have booked an Uber and paid via that then needing physical money. Still would have been over £100 I’d say. The timings just don’t quite add up, it’s under an hours drive to Epping from Marble Arch, so if he was there around half past midnight, he would have needed to leave London around half 11. What was he doing for two hours between 9 and 11ish?

If he was going to Loughton, why get the bus and then a taxi? Why not get the bus to Marble Arch and the central line all the way to Loughton? Or why not get a taxi all the way from his home direct there? What was the hold up from the bus before he got the taxi? I suppose if he didn’t have cash on him he could have booked an Uber and paid via that then needing physical money. Still would have been over £100 I’d say. The timings just don’t quite add up, it’s under an hours drive to Epping from Marble Arch, so if he was there around half past midnight, he would have needed to leave London around half 11. What was he doing for two hours between 9 and 11ish?

Possibly seeing an acquaintance. I saw it up thread from an authoritative source that the taxi left from a residential address in W2. Also I haven’t seen that it’s a black cab or anything, so it could have been Uber still.

Possibly seeing an acquaintance. I saw it up thread from an authoritative source that the taxi left from a residential address in W2. Also I haven’t seen that it’s a black cab or anything, so it could have been Uber still.

If that’s the case that it’s a ride hailing app how would he have booked it because his phone was off by 10pm...it is quite easy to book for someone else (speculation)

I live closer to Epping Forest then RO does and it takes me just under an hour via public transport to get to Loughton and then I need a friend to pick me up and drive us there. Maybe he thought a taxi was easier, but why a bus first?

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why Mum had mentioned "grooming".
Mums' instincts usually tell us something's going on with our kids - we may not always be spot on with our guesses as they can sometimes be formed on our clouded views of our kids, but I'm sure she has an inkling something aint right.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member