UK UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 March 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by lalalemon, Mar 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

CCTV of Richard Okorogheye.png

Can anyone work out what he is putting in or taking out of his bag? He seems to be looking over his shoulder in the last picture.

2. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Kaykedi, Tortoise, elliefant and 2 others like this.
  3. Spyder84

Spyder84 Well-Known Member

Just seen the Epping Forest Development, how worrying, and why Epping Forest, that seems a bit of a way off from Ladbroke Grove... Very weird. Was he meeting someone? It just seems a bit random. Considering all possibilities that have been based on the information released so far.

4. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Oh this is so worrying, especially the talk of Epping Forest being searched. The interview with his mum was heartbreaking. Where are you Richard? :(

5. ApparentlyInDenial

ApparentlyInDenial Well-Known Member

I thought knife. The way he’s gripping it.

Marg from Oz and Skigh like this.
  6. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

Absolutely this. I feel so much for his mum. I have a son his age who also has a medical condition. You invest so much in keeping them safe and tick the milestones off as they get older - we got him through his first year, we got him through primary, we got him to adulthood. All the hospital appointments, all the scary A&E visits. Then this.

7. Spyder84

*Edited as I was wrong about the name of the Uni*

Which suggests he was on his way somewhere he didn't feel safe - The images certainly do give off a worrying vibe but why Epping Forest. This lad is a Uni Student, from Ladbroke Grove, he's likely to be street smart, so why take the risk, and now I am going to back to what his mother said about online grooming...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and easynic150 like this.
  8. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I did wonder that. Although I never am not very good at seeing things in cctv pictures.

9. Dénouement

Dénouement Well-Known Member

If you have any information, please call police on 101 quoting 21MIS008134. In an emergency please call 999.

10. tedtink

tedtink Well-Known Member

He's at Oxford Brookes not The University of Oxford -
    I'm concerned about the grooming aspect too.

10ofRods, Kaykedi, elliefant and 5 others like this.
  11. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

There is the Victoria Tavern in Smart’s Lane, which seems to have good reviews, but I guess that’s closed or take out only in lockdown. Doesn’t seem a likely meeting point.

Also seems that Smart’s Lane is one way for a good portion. Obviously that won’t affect him walking, but may affect transportation for him or someone meeting him.

Marg from Oz and Kaykedi like this.
  12. ApparentlyInDenial

Might he have left the house before at night without being noticed? This seems a very confident two-step move.

13. CrazyLilBlondie

CrazyLilBlondie Well-Known Member

If he was going to Loughton, why get the bus and then a taxi? Why not get the bus to Marble Arch and the central line all the way to Loughton? Or why not get a taxi all the way from his home direct there? What was the hold up from the bus before he got the taxi? I suppose if he didn’t have cash on him he could have booked an Uber and paid via that then needing physical money. Still would have been over £100 I’d say. The timings just don’t quite add up, it’s under an hours drive to Epping from Marble Arch, so if he was there around half past midnight, he would have needed to leave London around half 11. What was he doing for two hours between 9 and 11ish?

14. tedtink

Did Police say a specific time in Essex on the CCTV, or just 'the early hours'?
    It takes an hour to get there by taxi or just under I think.

15. ApparentlyInDenial

Possibly seeing an acquaintance. I saw it up thread from an authoritative source that the taxi left from a residential address in W2. Also I haven’t seen that it’s a black cab or anything, so it could have been Uber still.

Marg from Oz, Kaykedi, jamjim and 4 others like this.
  16. Dénouement

00:39

For those questioning about the tube I myself haven’t been on the Tube in now over a year I’m bussing and cabbing everywhere.

17. CrazyLilBlondie

CrazyLilBlondie Well-Known Member

00.39 he was spotted on CCTV on Smarts Lane. No idea when he arrived in Loughton though, they’ve not released that

18. Dénouement

If that’s the case that it’s a ride hailing app how would he have booked it because his phone was off by 10pm...it is quite easy to book for someone else (speculation)

19. Spyder84

I live closer to Epping Forest then RO does and it takes me just under an hour via public transport to get to Loughton and then I need a friend to pick me up and drive us there. Maybe he thought a taxi was easier, but why a bus first?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  20. tedtink

Makes me wonder why Mum had mentioned "grooming".
    Mums' instincts usually tell us something's going on with our kids - we may not always be spot on with our guesses as they can sometimes be formed on our clouded views of our kids, but I'm sure she has an inkling something aint right.
    JMO

Wendy101, Kaykedi, Kasmeer and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.