Found Safe UK - Rik, 62, Rother Valley Park, Sheffield, 1pm, 3 Oct 2021 *has early onset dementia*

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
A huge multi-agency search operation has been launched to find a vulnerable man, last seen in Rother Valley Park.

The man, named only as Rik, was last seen in the country park in Sheffield yesterday (October 3) at around 1pm.

The 62-year-old is described as being 5ft 10in tall and of slim build, he was last seen wearing a yellow fluorescent baseball cap, running tights and a black jacket with orange lining.

Fears grow as huge search operation launched for missing Sheffield man

The family of a missing Sheffield man are worried that he may not know how to get home.

John Slack's 62-year-old brother in law, Rik, went missing from Rother Valley Country Park on Sunday (October 3) and has not been seen or heard from since.

Rik has dementia and his family are worried that he may not know how to get home to his house in the Millhouses area of Sheffield, so have they have joined police, the fire service and mountain rescue in a desperate search to find him.

John told South Yorkshire Live : "He's never gone missing properly, he's got dementia and Linda, my sister and Rik's wife, they regularly walk in Hutcliffe Woods and he does disappear occasionaly, but it's very few and far between so she tends to keep a close eye.

"Yesterday, they did a run in Rother Valley and Rik had had enough, so my two sisters and Rik stopped and went down to have a coffee. Rik didn't want a coffee, so he just stood around and my sisters were keeping an eye on him but within a split second he'd disappeared and that's when panic started.

"The trouble is he doesn't remember a lot of stuff", John said, "he doesn't have a phone on him because he doesn't remember how to use a phone and he won't have any money and my sister doesn't think he'll ask anyone for help, so he'll just wander."

Family's desperate appeal for dad who 'won't know how to get home'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-010920_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20211005-010920_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 3
b25lY21zOjMxY2I1Y2U0LWE2ZDMtNGMyYy1iOTMyLWI3YWNhZjMyM2FiMDo2NTQ4YTM1Yy0wNDJhLTRhMmEtYjAyZS1hNzZmOTFlYTE5OGM=.jpg

South Yorkshire Police have issued an image of missing man Rik taken just before he was last seen.

Chief Inspector Mark Goddard said: “Our search today is focusing on the Trans-Pennine trails leading away from Rother Valley Country Park. While you are out and about today, please keep Rik in the back of your minds and contact us if you do see him.

“He is thought to still be wearing a very distinctive, bright yellow hat.

“If you do see Rik, he may be confused and might not respond to anyone calling his name or speaking to him so please do call police straight away.

“Thank you for all your help so far, we really appreciate your support.”

Report any sightings to South Yorkshire Police through its live chat or by calling 101. The incident number to quote is 518 of October 3.

Police issue appeal for missing man last seen in Rother Valley Country Park

Feeling emotional today but burst out crying when I saw he'd been found safe! Think it was the picture of him and his wife smiling and reunited that did me in. 62 is so young to be living with dementia. Looks like he's surrounded by family and his wife who really love him, and the GPS tracker is a great initiative. So glad he is safe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back