UK UK - Ruth Wilson, 16, Dorking, 27 Nov 1995

Ruth met someone that evening with the intention of running away. It was someone older with money who she met through her job in the record shop or baby sitting. She used to meet this person in secret up on Box Hill in the evenings.

She was very unhappy at home. Maybe we should just let her go. What are we going to do? Reveal her true identity and ruin the life she has made for herself?

She was very unhappy at home. Maybe we should just let her go. What are we going to do? Reveal her true identity and ruin the life she has made for herself?

If she did run away and is alive and happy, I have no wish to know where she is, who she is or what she is doing. I just would like to know if possible that she was not murdered.

Nestas brother died as a baby.

Thank you for this information. Just for clarity - are you saying that Nesta had only one sibling who died as a baby and that there are no living siblings? The only reason I ask is that this contradicts the Ancestry tree which shows the sibling as private, which generally means living. Of course, Ancestry trees are often unreliable.

My initial thoughts after looking into this are that suicide is probably the last on my list of likely outcomes. Before that I would place: ran away with help (still alive), ran away and has died, or intended to run away but was killed by person/s known to Ruth.

IMO, her friend Catherine in the interview speaks as if she knows more than she is able to say on camera, as does Catherine's mother. I get the sense that Ruth was escaping more than just the discovery that her real mother hadn't just fallen down the stairs. I sense a certain amount of anger towards the Wilson's from both mother and daughter.

Is it just me, or is the tone and content in the open letter to Ruth a bit...odd? Perhaps I just don't 'get' conservative, religious folk and it's me reading too much into things, but it sounds more like a defense than a direct appeal to Ruth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-424084/Please-come-home-Christmas.html#ixzz5E5aQ747i

It does seem as though Ruth Wilson had gone to Boxhill to meet someone; her ex boyfriend offered her a lift in his car in the morning. She declined his offer..And told him she would meet him later.

Nestas brother died as a baby.
I'd like to know where Nesta and her brother's birth registration is. Certainly not at Wellingborough reg office. Emailed me to say they did not have birth registrations

I got that from Martin Bright who did the vanished documentary. They have been researching the family tree to try to make contact with a member of the extended family. It is my understanding that there are no living siblings.
How can Martin Bright know this? Wellingborough reg office no knowledge. Unless Martin Bright has found adoption papers

Ruth Wilson is the daughter of Ian and Nesta Wilson. Her mother was born in Wellingborough on 1 May 1948 and was given the name Nesta Landeg by her adoptive parents.

Wiki

Seems the only way we know that 'Nesta Landeg' nee? was born on the 1st May, 1948 in Wellingborough, Northants is from her death certificate December, 1982

Strange that Ruth goes ' missing' just after she obtains her mother's death certificate ( travelled to London to get it?)
And found out her mother hanged herself.
Perhaps Ruth discovered more . . .

I believe Ruth's sister, Jennifer, still lives at home with her father, Ian Glen Wilson.

From what I have gathered it looks like the vanished doc team are still researching and have shared some of their findings. I believe Jenny did live at home until very recently. I also believe Martin is in contact with the extended Landeg family and they have supplied the info on adoption. The team have met with the police in charge of the investigation. The surprising thing to me was that the police revealed that the notes under the bush exist although they are ambiguous.

From what I have gathered it looks like the vanished doc team are still researching and have shared some of their findings. I believe Jenny did live at home until very recently. I also believe Martin is in contact with the extended Landeg family and they have supplied the info on adoption. The team have met with the police in charge of the investigation. The surprising thing to me was that the police revealed that the notes under the bush exist although they are ambiguous.

I have previously expressed reservations about the notes (and the tablets and vodka/vermouth) as I had only seen the story and had not been able to find any confirmation from a reputable source. I now accept that they probably exist as the repetition of the story, without foundation, even in such tabloid rags as The Sun seems unlikely unless the story is true. However, can you point me to where the police confirmation of the notes is given? I assume by ambiguous you mean that they could be construed to support theories of either suicide or planned disappearance. Is the categorisation as ambiguous an opinion obtained from the police without any further information on the content, or does Martin Bright have some knowledge of the content? It seems to me that without these clarifications of sources there is some danger in ascribing significance to this part of the story.

I got this from trawling through the Facebook group. There are some useful bits of information here and there amongs the conversations. There are a number of comments left by friends of Ruth and people that knew her at school etc. I think some of her friends have left the group now as some interactions seem to have gone of the rails.

The notes appeared in The Times just after she disappeared in 1995. I don’t doubt their existence but I think they may be a red herring.

The content of the notes is described by the police as ambiguous. i.e. not specifically suicide notes.

I understand that no one knows the content of the notes but the police. Apparently not even the people they were addressed to as they were immediately taken as evidence by the police. This comes from Ruth’s friends in the Facebook group.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back