UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *ARREST* #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by MsMiniSleuth, Sep 21, 2021.

1. SaintGertrude

SaintGertrude Former Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021

2. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

I wonder about food or other articles delivery workers.
    Arent they vetted by their employers?
    They are the "face" of the business so to speak.
    I rarely use food delivery but when I order pizza, the man is always in uniform of the restaurant and absolutely polite.

3. KensingtonandChelsea

KensingtonandChelsea Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll plead tomorrow, it's just a customary hearing at the mags before he gets taken up to the Crown Court.

4. terabethia

terabethia Well-Known Member

Regarding mu
    For Dominos they are but often for Uber Eats/Deliveroo it's a (sometimes un)lucky dip. I've had some lovely drivers and some shadier ones. Near me the drivers line up outside McDonalds waiting to pick up orders for delivery and they're quite often rude and aggressive

5. jiminy

jiminy Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, it's up to individual companies. So I'd guess the smaller places won't check anything beyond a valid driving licence.

6. MawaCawa

MawaCawa Well-Known Member

Agreed, he could have easily found a place like that to work for in the past month or so that he allegedly hasn't been in Eastbourne for.

7. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

I see. I order pizza from my fav local restaurant and the workers are absolutely reliable and polite.
    But I have never tried uber eats and I dont think I will.

8. KensingtonandChelsea

I've never had a problem with delivery drivers personally, in fact I ordered pizza just this evening and the guy was a bit weird but not in a way that made me feel uncomfortable. However I have heard of friends being texted by their drivers later that night, being hit on or asked out on dates and even if the guy backs off after they say no, they're always scared because he has their address.

9. Distant Observer

Distant Observer Well-Known Member

One reason for this is the 1987 CCTV is recorded on VHS tapes which could record similar to tv quality. The cctv in this case comes from cheap modern video cameras which use internet (IP) connections to record on a network video recorder. Depending on the underlying purpose of the cctv, the quality of the recording can be adjusted but high quality images take up more storage space and therefore the nvr would record for a shorter period of time before the images are recorded over. Storage can be eked out by using a lower frame rate per second but this gives a less smooth recording as in this case. Local authority video surveillance systems have much more money spent on them with higher storage nvrs and better cameras.

10. SaintGertrude

I wonder if it is the Dominos in the Eastbourne town centre. I am only familiar with the one in freshwater square and cannot recall a man fitting this description.

11. oval1234

oval1234 Active Member

The posts about the flashing and rape allegations made against an individual in Eastbourne have got me thinking this is yet another failure of the police to keep women safe. Does anyone on this thread feel or think there has been any significant shift in the narrative or society following SE? I live in London and still don’t feel any safer as a 27 year old female walking around. The more frequent these types of cases become I worry more confidence will be gained by attackers like WC.

12. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

Well, if such a thing happened here, the employer is obliged to call the Police - it is harassment and I have never heard about such strange behaviour!!!

13. KensingtonandChelsea

I think sometimes the woman on the receiving end doesn't report it because if the guy ends up getting fired due to his behaviour, he'll know who complained about him and like I said, he would have her address and she would be afraid he would try to get revenge or something just as sick.

14. SouthLondon85

SouthLondon85 Well-Known Member

I posted upthread about this... it happens a fair bit sadly. I can understand why many people are reluctant to report it - if you complain to the takeaway who then alert the police, and the guy loses his job, he's still a creep and now he's furious about losing his job *and* knows your address. Anyway, off topic IMO - we still don't know if his job had any connection to the crime, or how he was employed at the time.

15. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

I understand your point of view.
    But... By allowing such behaviour go unpunished we ourselves let such perps victimise us.
    Never ever give a finger to a bully!
    Because the next time he will take your hand.

It is just a saying :)

16. SaintGertrude

Typically a killer who leaves his victim exposed would fall under the disorganised camp.
    Sabina Nessa was found covered in leaves and was not concealed in any way as not too be found.
    Could this be an indication that this was a perpetrators first killing? Has any perpetrator previously raped or exposed himself to women and are there any reports of a silver car in other crimes which fits the same description.
    upload_2021-9-27_23-41-40.png

17. serenelyso

serenelyso Well-Known Member

The saddest thing is that, as a woman, you are actually safer on the street than you are in your living room. Statistically, murder by a stranger is pretty rare. Murder by a boyfriend or husband happens every week.

18. SaintGertrude

Deleted

19. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I wonder he when he worked for Domino's, she ordered takeaways and that was how he 'knew' her and where she lived, and developed a bit of a fixation on her, watching her.

20. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

They may be vetted, but how many times do we hear about a delivery driver from some company delivering to an attractive female, and then a bit later the woman gets a dodgy suggestive text from the driver!