UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by MsMiniSleuth, Sep 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

So do we have
    1. First arrested man , now released , possibly the date at a guess ?
    2. Different man arrested today.
    3. And a 3rd man of interest ? “The Met Police released an image of a man in the Pegler Square area that they are looking to speak to in connection to the investigation”

TexLil, Marg from Oz and Kaykedi like this.

2. JosephineRobert

JosephineRobert Well-Known Member

Yes. Although am now thinking potentially first person arrested was actually ex-boyfriend, not First Date, and second arrest, third person of interest are people known to the ex? Brothers, friends etc?

3. Rusty Braincells

Rusty Braincells Well-Known Member

I posted a couple of days about a family member saying that Sabina was “struck from behind” but hadn’t seen this in the news reports outside of the family interview.

BBC had the quote here: Sabina Nessa murder: Family left devastated by teacher's death in Kidbrooke (though it also has the apparently incorrect detail from same family member that Sabina was coming home, and it seems she was going out).

I wonder now if they have had the CCTV images for a while and the family were informed about what The Telegraph is reporting, it seems this is footage showing right outside Sabina’s block of flats so would be one of the first cameras they went to look for.

Kasmeer, Amonet, Marg from Oz and 7 others like this.
  4. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

Yep I think you could be right Josephine. I suppose the date would just have a full alibi if he’s sitting in pub waiting for her , possibly on pub tv .

5. Lod76

Lod76 Well-Known Member

Hope it is not the case but I can't think of another scenario that would involve multiple suspects. Now the Telegraph reporting that she was struck right outside her flat and carried to the park suggests whoever did it attempted to make it look like a random attack.

6. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

First person ex-bf? Didn't they say he was in his 40s? She is 28. Okay, not out of the question, but maybe one of your third POIs?

Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and Ched like this.
  7. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

Amonet, Marg from Oz and Kaykedi like this.
  8. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

How on earth did no one see a man carrying an injured woman ?
    It doesn't sound like a random sexually motivated attack any more which was my first thought

9. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

Does it look like blood on his hand or just the way the photo is captured?

Attached Files:

TexLil, Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and 2 others like this.
  10. JosephineRobert

Obviously I don’t know anything more than you but I just felt it was odd if First Date was arrested rather than just questioned under caution (considering as far as we know he was just waiting in the pub for her). Although as I mentioned upthread could be police procedural reasons for that.

If the First Date is 40 I don’t see why the ex couldn’t be 40?

But pure speculation on my part.

Amonet, Marg from Oz and Ched like this.
  11. Catdetective

Catdetective Well-Known Member

To me, it looks like he is holding some kind of pink/red cloth or fabric. Perhaps a face covering or scarf. I wonder if it is concealing a heavy object used to attack her with.

12. jiminy

jiminy Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if ex partner is maybe ex husband? Just trying to make it make sense.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  13. serenelyso

serenelyso Well-Known Member

The Met Police photo was so blurry, this isn’t great quality. But I used an app called Remini to make the picture slightly higher quality.

You can make his face out much better now, I think? His eye colour and hairline particularly

Attached Files:

14. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

Clever photo app , thanks

jackal67, TexLil, Candytuft and 5 others like this.
  15. jiminy

jiminy Well-Known Member

That is why I wondered if the ex partner could actually be an ex husband. It’s not *her* family’s honour that is concerning me. They clearly loved her from what we’ve read.

Beans, Marg from Oz, catgreen and 3 others like this.
  16. Distant Observer

Distant Observer Well-Known Member

So the park probably was deserted and not full of dog-walkers and joggers if someone could carry a body over his shoulder for a quarter of a mile and not raise suspicion. It also explains why the police didn't tell us anything about SN's clothing as it wasn't relevant as she didn't walk through the park. It's interesting how sometimes the police can give you clues by what they don't say.

17. JosephineRobert

You have more faith in the British press than me!

18. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Man, 38, is arrested on suspicion of murdering Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online
    ''Scotland Yard has since released an appeal for another man and a silver vehicle that was seen on CCTV in the area they are hoping to identify which could provide a breakthrough in the case.

The man, pictured with balding, brown hair in grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark-coloured jacket and black shoes, was seen on CCTV in the Peglar Square area on the evening of Sabina's attack.''
    [​IMG]
    The man, pictured with balding, dark hair in grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark-coloured hoodie and black shoes, was seen on CCTV in Peglar Square on the evening of Sabina's attack
    [​IMG]
    Police have since released a separate appeal for another man and a vehicle that was seen on CCTV in the area they hope to identify which could provide a breakthrough in the case

''Police are urging anyone who might be able to identify the man and his vehicle to make contact with them immediately on 0208 721 4266 or by calling Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.''

Marg from Oz likes this.
  19. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

It was a big risk to take as he could not have known who might have been in the park and seen him carrying her.

Marg from Oz, Alyce, JosieJo and 3 others like this.
  20. Lubilu

Lubilu Well-Known Member

A noble effort, but - especially with images of such very low quality like this cctv still - Remini fills in facial features from a database of other existing faces/features. Those are literally chunks of other people's faces that the AI assumes might fit. It can be a terrific app in some cases, but only really when an image is somewhat clear to begin with. I'd say that this is likely to be a wildly inaccurate/misleading representation, and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

ETA: You might notice that the 'ear' on the Remini-enhanced image is, in fact, a hand... That's an example of the app making a 'best guess' but coming up with something that quite clearly can't be accurate. The app is certainly doing its best, but it's next to impossible to make anything out of that low-res mess of pixels that we have to go by.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.