UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, as suggested in MSM, the perpetrator hit SN over the head outside her block of flats then carried her for around half a mile at 8.30pm on a Friday night they must either truly have not thought anyone would see them either IRL or on CCTV (how on earth could this not occur to you when dealing with a modern newbuild development?) or not have cared. Baffling and scary.

Just to change the subject, sort of....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/09/23/sabina-nessa-teacher-murder-uk/
By
Jennifer Hassan
''Today at 3:45 p.m. EDT
LONDON — Sabina Nessa’s journey to meet a friend should have taken her five minutes.

But the 28-year-old teacher, who left her home in southeast London on Friday, never made it to her destination. Her body was found in a park by a dog walker the following day, buried underneath a pile of leaves.

What didn’t happen next, many women, especially women of color, say, was the nationwide explosion of outrage over violence against women in Britain that came when 33-year-old Sarah Everard, who is White, was murdered by a police officer as she walked home in London earlier this year.

“Say her name,” angry social media users urged as they called on the British tabloids to report more broadly on Nessa’s death — which police have confirmed they are investigating as a murder.

Others tweeted photos of coverage from British newspapers — expressing disappointment that the killing was not front-page news. “Page 25!!!” exclaimed one Twitter user, in a tweet that soon went viral.''

Last edited by a moderator:
While I do think there were other distinguishing factors in the SE case aside from race, including poor Sarah not being found for quite some days and the quite chilling detail of a serving police officer then being arrested (which then kicked up all the media frenzy further), I was quite taken aback by the media coverage tonight after seemingly significant developments in the SN case.

Sky News devoted an overly long segment at the top of the 10 o’clock news, complete with their reporter in the Sky canteen to apparently remind the viewer what food is, to a meandering discussion of possible petrol and food shortages, which then it also editorially announced probably wouldn’t happen and wouldn’t be that bad anyway if they did. I couldn’t help thinking we should probably be spending more time on Sabina.

(Minor edits for typos.)

If, as suggested in MSM, the perpetrator hit SN over the head outside her block of flats then carried her for around half a mile at 8.30pm on a Friday night they must either truly have not thought anyone would see them either IRL or on CCTV (how on earth could this not occur to you when dealing with a modern newbuild development?) or not have cared. Baffling and scary.

How do they know this though? Either there is CCTV from her block of flats or somewhere adjacent to show the attack, or it's an unreliable 'source'.

Oh my goodness. This is unexpected. This doesn’t seem like a random attack then?
It doesn't seem random to me that she was covered with leaves/a pile of leaves in a place where you would not expect to find a pile of leaves (judging by the pic of where the tent was) and it isn't really autumn leaf time yet, someone knew where there were leaves, or put them there beforehand?

Just to change the subject, sort of lol...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/09/23/sabina-nessa-teacher-murder-uk/
By
Jennifer Hassan
''Today at 3:45 p.m. EDT
LONDON — Sabina Nessa’s journey to meet a friend should have taken her five minutes.

But the 28-year-old teacher, who left her home in southeast London on Friday, never made it to her destination. Her body was found in a park by a dog walker the following day, buried underneath a pile of leaves.

What didn’t happen next, many women, especially women of color, say, was the nationwide explosion of outrage over violence against women in Britain that came when 33-year-old Sarah Everard, who is White, was murdered by a police officer as she walked home in London earlier this year.

“Say her name,” angry social media users urged as they called on the British tabloids to report more broadly on Nessa’s death — which police have confirmed they are investigating as a murder.

Others tweeted photos of coverage from British newspapers — expressing disappointment that the killing was not front-page news. “Page 25!!!” exclaimed one Twitter user, in a tweet that soon went viral.''

I agree the Sarah Everett case received huge publicity,much of it was initially generated by her friends ,several of whom had media contacts . It also involved a serving policeman and had live updates .
Added to that various groups arranged demonstrations at Sarah's vigil and other locations.
Sarah's murder also happened during lockdown so reporters were keen to write articles which were not about Covid.
At the moment there many are other stories to fill the headlines.

Leah Croucher and Bernie Walker received very little press attention .There were no keep women safe demonstrations or huge press coverage for Julia James.

The police also feed information to the press and given they arrested someone shortly after her body was found ,might have given limited details to the press.
Sabina has been headline news for the last 24 hours

I really do not think any lack of press coverage is due to her ethnicity.

Last edited:
I agree the Sarah Everett case received huge publicity,much of it was initially generated by her friends ,several of whom had media contacts . It also involved a serving policeman and had live updates .
Added to that various groups arranged demonstrations at Sarah's vigil and other locations.
Leah Croucher and Bernie Walker received very little press attention .There were no keep women safe demonstrations or huge press coverage for Julia James.

The police also feed information to the press and given they arrested someone shortly after her body was found ,might have given limited details to the press.
Sabina has been headline news for the last 24 hours

I really do not think any lack of press coverage is due to her ethnicity.
Ita! Just adding video to ''fill out'' post. Good view of park as reporter walks through it.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem random to me that she was covered with leaves/a pile of leaves in a place where you would not expect to find a pile of leaves (judging by the pic of where the tent was) and it isn't really autumn leaf time yet, someone knew where there were leaves, or put them there beforehand?

If this was as premeditated as it currently seems, I really hope this means that the police have footage of the men involved scoping out her area/place of residence prior to the attack.

Multiple people can’t pull off a 5 minute attack, including a 250 metre walk into a park carrying an adult, without proper planning ?

If this was as premeditated as it currently seems, I really hope this means that the police have footage of the men involved scoping out her area/place of residence prior to the attack.

Multiple people can’t pull off a 5 minute attack, including a 250 metre walk into a park carrying an adult, without proper planning ?

The place doesn't even look that secluded. There are flats all around with a bird's eye view. I'm thinking there must be dozens of witnesses but then no one reported a crime at the time did they? She wasn't even found until a day later. People probably saw it without realising at the time what it was they were actually seeing and will probably come forward if they haven't already that is.

Last edited:
I wonder if they walked all the way to the park or if the car was used. Surely a man with an unconscious and likely bleeding woman over his shoulder is always cause for alarm and never blends in to the background?

The place doesn't even look that secluded. There are flats all around with a bird's eye view. I'm thinking there must be dozens of witnesses but then no one reported a crime at the time did they? She wasn't even found until a day later. People probably saw it without realising at the time what it was they were actually seeing and will probably come forward if they haven't already that is.

Thing is, I’ve seen many a girl being carried by a boyfriend on a Friday night. You see it in central London all the time. The optics would make a difference.

Suspicious: carrying a girl over your shoulders

Gentlemanly: making it look like you are giving her a piggyback, with her heels in your hand so it looks like she was tipsy and has blisters.

You can’t get further than 10 metres in the first scenario but you could conceivably get 250 metres in the second because enough people would think “boyfriend duties”. A lot of people pre-game too hard before going out because of the price of drinks, I wouldn’t blink if I saw someone out for the count at 8pm

I wonder if they walked all the way to the park or if the car was used. Surely a man with an unconscious and likely bleeding woman over his shoulder is always cause for alarm and never blends in to the background?

I had wondered about whether she had been put in a car rather than carried to where she was found. Although if she had been put in a car it seems a strange place to have left her when she could have been taken miles away and hidden.

Last edited:
<modsnip> I got If I can't have you, no one can.

Wonder if the ex had a tracking app on her phone or spyware?

This is where I am at too. Somehow got wind of her plan to see this “old friend” on a date and was perhaps able to involve friend?/brother? in a plan maybe initially to “spook” her (possibly didn’t tell accomplice what actual plan was) but ultimately overpowered and murdered her to prevent her from moving on with her life. This is really not an uncommon occurrence at all (I really don’t see this an honour killing, that never occurred to me given the life she was living and her family expressing their devastation via police etc) I’m now thinking it is the more-common-than-it-ought-to-be pathetic man not dealing with being told he can’t have what he wants. So stops anyone else having her.

This seems a more likely occurrence than a stranger being so opportunistic as to overpower her straight out of her front door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that we know Sabina didn't walk alone in a park after dark, I wonder what random men on twitter are going to try and blame her for instead?

The level of victim blaming online, aimed at Sabina, Sarah, and many other women is still absolutely ridiculous. Are we not allowed to step outside our front doors now?

A few years ago I stopped a man who was carrying a very out-of-it looking woman outside my local pub - it turned out she genuinely was his girlfriend but I was able to imagine a situation where someone might spike a woman's drink (or, as is suggested happened here, hit her on the head to knock her out; it doesn't always take much force) then carried her while pretending to be a good boyfriend. You'd have to be a convincing actor, probably talking to them going "don't worry, nearly home" etc, but as a previous poster has said, at 8pm on a Friday passers by might not register the threat.

A few years ago I stopped a man who was carrying a very out-of-it looking woman outside my local pub - it turned out she genuinely was his girlfriend but I was able to imagine a situation where someone might spike a woman's drink (or, as is suggested happened here, hit her on the head to knock her out; it doesn't always take much force) then carried her while pretending to be a good boyfriend. You'd have to be a convincing actor, probably talking to them going "don't worry, nearly home" etc, but as a previous poster has said, at 8pm on a Friday passers by might not register the threat.

Well done for doing that. I'm wondering how many people he would have met. It's as if all these newly built 'modern and cosmopolitan' estates are just as much of a risk for crime as high risk council estates were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68