UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by MsMiniSleuth, Sep 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintGertrude

SaintGertrude Former Member

Thanks for sharing the information, I have some personal theories and will keep digging further.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021

2. Lod76

Lod76 Well-Known Member

Isn't it more likely that they pulled the date in for questioning and whatever he told them stood up to initial examination so they "released him under further investigation"?

They are not going to come out and categorically say he's eliminated from our enquiries that early into the investigation. They could later discover he was after all involved in luring her out of the flat at a specific time or whatever. I think too much can be read into the "released under further investigation". As I said before any evidence of direct involvement would surely mean a charge or at least an extension, rather than release someone who is an obvious flight risk.

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy, Ree.92 and 9 others like this.
  3. DFR3217

DFR3217 Well-Known Member

It could be something quite mundane, like they arrested the man at 3 am, but the people who remove cars don't start work until 7am.

4. DFR3217

DFR3217 Well-Known Member

I think that's very maybe/maybe not. I suspect it's just a way for the police to keep their options open, but we'll no doubt find out in due course.

5. SaintGertrude

It looks more like an artificial silk red rose head to me.
    upload_2021-9-26_22-30-50.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and dotr like this.
  6. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

I like your down to earth, practical approach :)
    My imagination is just running loose - as usual... Sigh

7. Luke84

Luke84 Active Member

It‘s unclear whether he was arrested in the car, or whether the car was parked outside a property where he was arrested or whether he was arrested in a completely different location. The Telegraph article reads like it it is the latter. Again, the reports are not precise and leave room for interpretation. I am very surprised we didn‘t hear of properties in the area being intensively searched.

After all the discussions, I am still perplexed about the previous arrests. Surely, if investigators regard this as a random attack the two suspects could haven been swiftly eliminated without the need to arrest them under suspicion of murder. Maybe they changed their theory as time went on.

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy, Ree.92 and 4 others like this.
  8. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

A red rose????
    Like a macabre date?
    Im sorry, that is too much.
    It is a can of Cola - I can see it clearly. Well, I think so...

Marg from Oz, dotr and SaintGertrude like this.
  9. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

The Newhaven to Dieppe ferry is running its normal summer timetable atm. The first one out on Sunday morning departed at 9.30am, with check-in closing at 8am. Perhaps he thought 3am would be a safe time to go to a home address in Eastbourne to pick up clothes and documents, only to find the police were waiting for him. It's not exactly a high-speed get away, but then neither is a Nissan Micra...

Marg from Oz, Marulinka, dotr and 3 others like this.
  10. SaintGertrude

Could even be a Ness shrub rose but looks too shiny.
    He does something with his hood and the object in his hand so if it is coke it would be a closed can.

Marg from Oz, dotr and Dotta like this.
  11. Lod76

Lod76 Well-Known Member

The part where I was really confused was when they arrested the second man and appealed for a third at the same time. That really got me thinking up some elaborate scenarios. I get what you are saying though it does seem drastic to arrest someone on suspicion of murder. The first arrest I can understand especially if it was the man she was planning to meet. That was in the immediate aftermath of discovering the body and he was probably the first port of call for the police naturally and they are not going to mess about due to the nature of the crime. So an arrest there makes sense rather than just asking him to come in for a chat. But he was released fairly quickly so you'd have to assume that at that point they had found nothing to directly implicate him in the crime.

The second arrest is an odd one though and I don't see how the arrest on suspicion of murder can be explained there. Suppose if they were unsure of his identity at that time they could have pulled someone in that they though may or may not be the suspect in the CCTV footage whilst at the same time appealing to the public to identify the man to cover all bases. But that seems messy too.

12. Lod76

Lod76 Well-Known Member

I know it's a bit grim but the coke can is likely not to look much like a can of coke anymore if this is after the attack and more like a flat piece of aluminium. That is what it looks like to me anyway.

Marg from Oz, dotr and Dotta like this.
  13. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

You piqued my interest. I have to google this Ness Shrub Rose. Even the name sounds lovely:)

Marg from Oz, dotr and SaintGertrude like this.
  14. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

Is that a definitive address? Because I'm looking at the electoral roll for Dittons Road, which might yield something if we can be solid on the house number.

Marg from Oz, dotr and Scorpiette like this.
  15. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that the police will know far more than they will put out in the public domain at this stage - facts that may answer some of your questions.

I think at this juncture it is a wait and see as to what transpires over the next 24-36 hours in terms of charges and any further arrests.

Marg from Oz, dotr and SouthLondon85 like this.
  16. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Yield what?

I don't know whether we should be sleuthing addresses and occupants when we have no evidence the arrested person lives on that road or has any connection to it.

17. EvaP

EvaP Active Member

Not definitive however that’s the house press photo shows

Marg from Oz, squish and dotr like this.
  18. EvaP

EvaP Active Member

Very interesting

Marg from Oz, dotr, Sarahlou and 2 others like this.
  19. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

The second arrest was, in my opinion, an ex. Probably Sabina's family informed LE about him.

Marg from Oz, Beans and Scorpiette like this.
  20. SaintGertrude

Maybe her current address had no significance to any of this. The town of Sandy in Bedfordshire is not far for someone to travel from if they had an obsession.

Scorpiette, Marg from Oz and dotr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.