UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best guess is that they now have him in custody. There was an article posted about 1am this morning on here ( will try and re find the link ) which seemed to indicate that police had identified cctv man. If that was accurate, then it would follow that he has now been arrested.
Yes, that‘s correct. The article stated that they identified the man and were trying to find him. The arrested man and the CCTV image is most likely the same person.

If he was arrested in the very early hours of this morning then I imagine we'll hear about any charge by first thing tomorrow - unless the police are given more time to question him. I really hope this is it now.

Edit: just seen it was 3am.

Last edited:
If he was arrested in the very early hours of this morning then I imagine we'll hear about any charge by first thing tomorrow - unless the police are given more time to question him. I really hope this is it now.

Edit: just seen it was 3am.

Hopefully the police have plenty of evidence. They have him on cctv carrying out the attack and then walking through Pegler Square.
They have possibly found the weapon he used . I hope he left a variety of DNA at the scene.

That the police identified him in the last few days suggests tips from the public from CCTV perhaps verified with photos on file within criminal records database. Having ID ‘ed him next job was to track him down. Suggests he wasn’t at his “usual” addresses. Maybe another tip-off revealed his whereabouts

Umm, we wear those same exact joggers in Cornwall too. Hopefully the police are pursuing leads beyond "what I observed on a Ryanair flight" :rolleyes:

My thoughts on mystery man in the video who the police are searching for. Some reports said he was wearing grey jeans. I think this is wrong. To me he looks like he is wearing Lonsdale grey tracksuit bottoms sold in Sports Direct. They are popular with workers in the building trade because of their stretchiness. He does look like a loner. Pulling up his hood does mean he is not wanting to be seen for some reason. My thoughts are he could be Eastern European maybe Polish but I could be wrong. I used to travel regularly to Poland and his dress sense would be fairly typical for a 40 year old male passenger on my Ryanair flight. It would also help to explain why no-one seems to have come forward to identify him. Of course we don't know for sure if he has any connection with the case at all.

If this is their man it's very difficult to second guess a motive here.

Imo he wasn't known to family and friends (at least by name) as the first cctv was asking for his identity

If as the Met said the cctv was before the attack it would be a massive coincidence that he just happened to be near the venue for her date and outside her apartment area

Imo the first two arrested were likely ex and date

Due to timing I think they looked for cctv man purely after seeing him on cctv either side of the park at the right time.

I have Covid19, feeling rough and limited energy for sleuthing this week so not read this thread yet (I will) but been keeping up generally.

I saw an article about CCTV of the man looking as though he was putting something red/orange reflective up his sleeve - has this been discussed here? - I took screenshots - could this be a blood stained hand he's pulling inside his sleeve rather than an 'item'?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-112210_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-112210_Gallery.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20210926-112152_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-112152_Gallery.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 51
Another (horrible; apologies) possibility - if you were compressing a victim's neck having something solid to press on, like a full drinks can, would speed things up I'd have thought.
Freezing them isn't really possible in my experience - I've tried chilling cans of Coke in the freezer and had them explode.
You left them in too long. :)
This victim is still alive but I can see how it's possible, depending on the perps strength.

Elderly man attacked while walking in Daytona Beach

Kane has two black eyes, a sore forehead, big cuts on both of his arms and a bump on the back of his head.

Police reports show Smyth allegedly struck Kane.. with a partially frozen Coke can in a mesh net or strap that Smyth was swinging as a weapon.

Kane believes his life was in danger, and he says he would have died if Smyth did not stop.

Smyth rambled for around 2 minutes in his first court appearance. Much of the diatribe was nonsensical, often invoking the name of Jesus Christ.

I have Covid19, feeling rough and limited energy for sleuthing this week so not read this thread yet (I will) but been keeping up generally.

I saw an article about CCTV of the man looking as though he was putting something red/orange reflective up his sleeve - has this been discussed here? - I took screenshots - could this be a blood stained hand he's pulling inside his sleeve rather than an 'item'?
Nice to see you again in another thread!
Wish you health - fight this virus as a champion you are!
The red thing mystery is already solved!

Due to timing I think they looked for cctv man purely after seeing him on cctv either side of the park at the right time.

But according to media reports earlier this week in the Telegraph and the Sun (both previously uploaded to this board) the police have CCTV of the actual moment of the attack so it's not just just seeing him generally in the area, it's identifying him as the perpetrator.

(Hope it was ok to cut the quote to show the relevant bit)

o/t : hugs and hoping for a speedy and full recovery for you

eta socially distant hugs of course !

I agree with earlier posts that this seems likely to be cctv man they have arrested. I feel confident about this development. I hope the answers are soon available for her family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member