UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common, 3 March 2021 MEDIA THREAD *NO DISCUSSION*

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
FOUR murder fiends given whole-life jail terms were handed more than £600,000 in legal aid.

The monsters, including killer cop Wayne Couzens, clocked up the huge total as they sought softer punishments.

Figures obtained by The Sun on Sunday show cesspit killer Ian Stewart, 61 ran up the highest taxpayer-funded bill of £271,014.

[...]

Met cop Couzens, who raped and strangled Sarah Everard, got £33,694 — set to rise as he failed to have his whole-life tariff reduced.

The agency said the aid “ensured justice was served”.

Rusty Braincells

Reaction score
FOUR murder fiends given whole-life jail terms were handed more than £600,000 in legal aid.

The monsters, including killer cop Wayne Couzens, clocked up the huge total as they sought softer punishments.

Figures obtained by The Sun on Sunday show cesspit killer Ian Stewart, 61 ran up the highest taxpayer-funded bill of £271,014.

[...]

Met cop Couzens, who raped and strangled Sarah Everard, got £33,694 — set to rise as he failed to have his whole-life tariff reduced.

The agency said the aid “ensured justice was served”.

I appreciate justice needs to be properly done, but this type of appeal is a joke. I am a lawyer myself but these sorts of legal fees and appeals totally embarrass the profession. Couzens was never going to win his appeal and the process was a waste of time and money. It’s a disgrace that Stewart won too. We must change the system.

Ched

Reaction score
Killer cop Wayne Couzens appeared in court today (mon) accused of driving pantless and baring himself to a female cyclist in two incidents of exposure. Couzens, 49, is currently serving a whole life term for the abduction, rape and murder of Sarah Everard in March last year. He appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link from HMP Frankland high-security jail in County Durham wearing a grey sweatshirt and sporting a long grey beard. Couzens sat with his arms folded on…

Officer Dibble

Reaction score
Killer cop Wayne Couzens appeared in court today (mon) accused of driving pantless and baring himself to a female cyclist in two incidents of exposure. Couzens, 49, is currently serving a whole life term for the abduction, rape and murder of Sarah Everard in March last year. He appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link from HMP Frankland high-security jail in County Durham wearing a grey sweatshirt and sporting a long grey beard. Couzens sat with his arms folded on…
Thank you for this. Can only read so far without subscribing. Thanks for update.

Officer Dibble

Reaction score
I appreciate justice needs to be properly done, but this type of appeal is a joke. I am a lawyer myself but these sorts of legal fees and appeals totally embarrass the profession. Couzens was never going to win his appeal and the process was a waste of time and money. It’s a disgrace that Stewart won too. We must change the system.
will only change by writing to our MPs

Ched

Reaction score
The 49-year-old ex-Met Police officer is accused of two counts of indecent exposure pre-dating Ms Everard's kidnap, rape and murder in 2021.
He is accused of exposing himself to a female cyclist in November 2020.
He also allegedly drove with the lower half of his body undressed in Dover, Kent, in June 2015.

The case was adjourned until 1 November when legal argument is set to take place.
The former armed officer with the Met's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, has already pleaded not guilty to four separate counts of indecent exposure.
Those charges are over other alleged incidents at a fast food restaurant in Kent in 2021 - on 30 January and 6 February, and on 14 February and 27 February