GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Awaiting Sentencing*, #15

Discussion in 'Trials' started by tesni, Mar 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptShadow

CptShadow Active Member

Because the issue of how he subdued her so quickly and so quietly is puzzling, and of interest.

Given what we know about him, would we expect WC to follow the rules, though? He may have procured an unauthorised taser.

But length of unconsciousness wouldn't necessarily be any more guaranteed; and the risk of DNA evidence (blood spatter etc) would be higher.

I think that was pretty much discredited given that it wasn't the right kind/colour of car, and the timings were wrong, I think.

Yes, this is very plausible - the issue of how/when he subdued her still remains, of course. Perhaps we'll know when the sentencing hearing opens.

2. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

Less than a minute is enough time to handcuff and gag a person. More convenient than punching - to punch sb unconscious needs momentum, there is no space enough in the car. It might also involve bleeding. Just MO

Newthoughts and Nikynoo like this.
  3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Considering his extensive planning ahead of time I think he did intend to kill her. He used the hire car so it would be harder to link him to the abduction, and purchased the plastic film probably hoping that no physical evidence would be found. Imo

4. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

Yes, Covid lockdown and random police checks were an ideal excuse.

Thoughts: Police officers aren't allowed to wear their uniform off-duty, and I don't think in this case he did either.

The car was a plain white car and he was probably in civvies, so he most likely pretended to be an undercover cop.
    .....which I hope would have made Sarah suspicious. Anyone could have made a fake police ID card.

I wonder if she ran for it, towards the block of flats and he caught up with her? Police were searching the grounds there for several days.

MOO.

5. johnlair

johnlair Active Member

Attached Files:

Nikynoo likes this.
  6. CptShadow

CptShadow Active Member

Yes - that's a possibility. The CCTV image of both doors open could be after she got out of the car (if she did, or if she even got in it). Of camera, he may have been chasing/subduing her.

If that's the case, it was an astonishingly brazen abduction scenario. He could have been spotted by anyone looking out of the windows on either side of the street.

Nikynoo and Dotta like this.
  7. CptShadow

CptShadow Active Member

Ah, was thinking of the earlier CCTV that seemed to show movement, a window going up and down. Yes, this one would fit - but as you say, the person came forward.

Nikynoo likes this.
  8. johnlair

johnlair Active Member

MsBetsy and Nikynoo like this.
  9. johnlair

johnlair Active Member

Well someone said the person came forward I'm not entirely sure myself.. But am sure the police would not have missed this or failed to mention it..

MsBetsy and Nikynoo like this.
  10. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

I think he held a knife to her. And she froze and became compliant

nothing more

he could then cable tie her hands and feet under threat of one move and the knife gets used. Many women just freeze. They think play it cool and don’t anger him, more chance of getting away then. She would be in shock of some sort. Fight and flight doesn’t always kick in the way we think it might

11. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

Regardless of WC’s compliance with the law that taser would of been assigned to him at the start of his shift and would of been expected back at the end, he never returned to work after committing the crime so technically if he’d taken that taser home with him the next day he would of received a call asking where the hell that taser is and questions would of been asked.
    Taser’s in the UK just aren’t used the way in which they are in the US, even during arrests UK police are much more likely to use other tactics than to deploy a taser. I don’t believe someone would go out their way to acquire a taser either when there’s so many easier options, maybe once she was in the car he immediately gagged her or had a knife or another weapon of sort to threaten her with.
    From the start it’s something I’ve also questioned as to how he got her & kept her in the car as we can all come up with ideas of how we’d try to escape (forcing him to crash if he’d locked the doors etc) but realistically he’s bigger than her and she could of simply froze or hoped that complying with him would stop the absolute worst from happening.. we just don’t know

12. CptShadow

CptShadow Active Member

You're very right. Have you ever watched those 'scarecam' videos on YT? I'll admit I'm a sucker for them - some are very funny - but something I've noticed and that I *dont* find funny is the number of people who, when given a real shock, just drop to the ground in a sort of foetal position. I remember thinking that's exactly what NOT to do when an attacker jumps out at you - but of course, it's entirely involuntary and instinctual.

13. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

@johnlair what road/route would the car be taking? Can you plot that clip on a map please?

14. Nikynoo

DBM double post

15. Nikynoo

16. Dotta

Dotta Well-Known Member

Many years ago while holidying in the countryside I was being chased by a teen. I can tell you - I was flying like an arrow and he never got to me. I even jumped over a high fence. I didnt feel pain or tiredness. I just ran like crazy. Pure adrenaline - I will never forget this incident.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  17. Nikynoo

@johnlair [​IMG]

This vehice turned right onto Kings Ave - is that correct?

If so, that is off the direct route to Kent. So, why turn right there? Where does this route lead? One possbility is Tooting Common.

arrogantcat likes this.
  18. cestmoi

cestmoi Active Member

Can't speak for most women, but - honest answer - if it was me? I would get into the car, sit quietly, and trust the person.

It's easy in hindsight to think that all or most women would think something is wrong with this, but without thinking about this case, if I was in that scenario, I know that the Warrant Card would hold a lot of weight, especially being presented with the idea that this officer is trying to protect me.

19. Marantz4250b

Marantz4250b Well-Known Member

But if he's presented himself as a police officer (which wasn't actually a lie) then I think that that might cause her to fail to realise just how much of a "mad man" he really was for some significant time.

20. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

I agree! I know that I couldn’t physically overpower someone or even attempt too and I’ve read plenty of stories where people have tried/managed to reason with their attacker and get them talking in the hope of them sparing you to some extent.. especially if it’s someone like WC who on the surface looks like an average middle aged man (which of course he’s far from)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.