GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Awaiting Sentencing*, #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows he's going to get a real hard time from other inmates in there, not just because he was a cop, but a lot of the old lags don't like offences against women, especially what he did. I think he may not last the sentence one way or another.

I don't know much about prison life but I reckon it'll be years before he's allowed near anyone, to be honest. I'm guessing he'll spend 23 hours a day in his cell for a very long time indeed!

Apart from the info re WC not eating - I also had not heard these specific details

Further pressure was mounting earlier this month on Met chief Dame Cressida Dick after it emerged bosses at Scotland Yard missed three crucial clues about killer cop Wayne Couzens that could have seen him kicked out of the force before her murdered Sarah.

Couzens was reported to bosses for allegedly slapping a female colleague's bottom at Bromley police station in 2018 — just weeks after he joined the force.

Shortly after starting at Bromley in South London, the married killer allegedly stopped a female motorist and said her tax and insurance were out of date before making a note of her address so he could later pull up outside her house and leer at her.

Couzens, whose former colleagues at the Civil Nuclear Constabulary allegedly nicknamed him 'The Rapist' because of how he is said to have made female colleagues uneasy, is also accused of parking his patrol car by schools so he could watch mothers and sixth-formers

Sarah Everard's killer Wayne Couzens is 'barely touching his food' in Belmarsh prison | Daily Mail Online

What a shame poor WC! Are we meant to feel sorry for him or something? The only reason he’s ‘depressed’ is because he got caught, the only person he feels sympathy for is himself. He’s not thinking about Sarah’s life that he stole away from her, he’s thinking about the prospect of spending every hour of every single day in prison for the rest of his sad little life. This shouldn’t be seen as showing remorse because it’s not. JMO

What a shame poor WC! Are we meant to feel sorry for him or something? The only reason he’s ‘depressed’ is because he got caught, the only person he feels sympathy for is himself. He’s not thinking about Sarah’s life that he stole away from her, he’s thinking about the prospect of spending every hour of every single day in prison for the rest of his sad little life. This shouldn’t be seen as showing remorse because it’s not. JMO
Besides shedding a few kilos might prove beneficial for him. He certainly looked "well built" before the arrest.

The last was one at the McDonalds just near the M20 motorway in Bromley, Kent, very near south east London.
He exposed himself at one of the Drive-Thru windows. The staff reported it to police and they were able to trace who did it through the car numberplate, as McDonald's Drive-Thrus have a multitude of cameras.
I don't know what the instance previously to that was. Maybe another late night fast-food drive thru somewhere else?

I gained the impression from somewhere that as two people reported this incident it's somehow been translated into two separate offences. But IMBW.

Apart from the info re WC not eating - I also had not heard these specific details

Further pressure was mounting earlier this month on Met chief Dame Cressida Dick after it emerged bosses at Scotland Yard missed three crucial clues about killer cop Wayne Couzens that could have seen him kicked out of the force before her murdered Sarah.

Couzens was reported to bosses for allegedly slapping a female colleague's bottom at Bromley police station in 2018 — just weeks after he joined the force.

Shortly after starting at Bromley in South London, the married killer allegedly stopped a female motorist and said her tax and insurance were out of date before making a note of her address so he could later pull up outside her house and leer at her.

Couzens, whose former colleagues at the Civil Nuclear Constabulary allegedly nicknamed him 'The Rapist' because of how he is said to have made female colleagues uneasy, is also accused of parking his patrol car by schools so he could watch mothers and sixth-formers

Sarah Everard's killer Wayne Couzens is 'barely touching his food' in Belmarsh prison | Daily Mail Online

Beggars belief really. He was clearly using his position of authority for nefarious purposes long prior to March this year. Had he been disciplined he may not have had the opportunity.

He got more and more brazen with each act that went unpunished. Who in hell exposes themselves at a drive through window?

Unfortunately sounds like it probably got put down to a case of "he's just being a lad" masculine culture bollix.

I had to step away from this thread for a few days as it's not good for my anxiety, but something has been bothering me that I wanted to share (and apologies in advance if this has been noted already because I haven't been able to read every post).

Observations that have led to my potential theory:

1. WC regularly used sex workers.
2. There was a significant period of time between the end of WC's shift and SE's abduction.
3. We know that it wasn't a random or spur of the moment attack because of the evidence of pre-planning (hire car, protective film, timing of last shift before holiday, etc).
4. There are lots of vulnerable women in London - as LE, WC would know where to find one (if that's what he was looking for) and he wouldn't need to wait until it got dark.
5. There were two instances of him exposing himself in the days before SE's abduction. Do we know who reported him? Were they teenagers?
6. It's been mentioned in the media that SE did "all the right things" but it still wasn't enough to keep her safe (i.e. she phoned her boyfriend; was wearing a high vis jacket and flat shoes; was covered up/not wearing anything 'provocative'; was alert). NOTE: I do not support this misogynistic narrative of victim blaming - no woman deserves to be attacked regardless of what they are wearing etc - but it led me to consider -

Was WC looking for a particular type of woman? Was SE targeted specifically because she wasn't obviously vulnerable? Because she looked 'wholesome'?

All IMO
I agree, he didn't prey on a typically vulnerable victim, nor had he stalked or trapped her.

So he was definitely being opportunistic, just allowing time and chance to determine who his victim would be.

We don't know whether he passed by other potential victims, so I don't think we can say what it was about her. SE was small, 5' 3", 110 lbs, IMO that would be a factor. She probably looked young, female and attractive from a distance, but I don't think he'd have a chance to scrutinize her features before deciding whether to stop. IMO he'd be interested in whether there was a gap in the traffic, how close she was walking to the road, whether there was a place to pull over at the right moment...a split second decision..

All of this speaks to me of someone being ready to act, but actually needing a strong impulse to push him into it. Some kind of deep desire being triggered in the moment, and not giving himself time to think it through first. Like that would give himself a chance to have second thoughts, doubts, etc.

To me it's like, she happened to be standing in the exact spot where a tree fell on her, she could not forsee that, it's not really worth looking for specific causes.

JMO

You are correct .It was two different employees who witnessed him exposing himself at the same fast food place.
Thanks for confirming. I recall thinking that just like stalking a certain mother at school, he was probably doing the same with that specific drive-through Mickey D's. WC is dogmeat. Rotting dogmeat.

It was two different employees who witnessed him exposing himself at the same fast food place.

It appears there are other cases of him exposing himself. One 3 days before she was killed, the other back in 2015, so he's been at this for a while. This begs the question (which has already been asked numerous times by numerous people)... could he be responsible for other missing women in the past? Like... in the past 6+ years? I think yes, it's highly likely that he is.

Wayne Couzens was accused of indecent exposure six years before he murdered Sarah Everard, it has emerged.

Kent Police is now being investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) over whether it handled the allegations in 2015 properly.

The IOPC is also examining allegations the Met Police did not investigate adequately another claim that Couzens had exposed himself.

That alleged incident happened in south London only days before the killing.

Wayne Couzens: Sarah Everard killer linked to 2015 indecent exposure incident

A separate investigation is also ongoing into claims Kent Police failed to investigate an incident of indecent exposure linked to Couzens as far back as 2015.

12 police officers investigated by watchdog over Sarah Everard's killer Wayne Couzens

Unfortunately sounds like it probably got put down to a case of "he's just being a lad" masculine culture bollix.

Hmmm, maybe but I'm not so sure. Sexual harassment is a pretty serious thing these days and I don't think it would be dismissed like that if an actual complaint had been lodged. If nothing was said/done then I'm more inclined to go with incompetence rather than acceptance.

This begs the question (which has already been asked numerous times by numerous people)... could he be responsible for other missing women in the past? Like... in the past 6+ years? I think yes, it's highly likely that he is.

Sorry to disagree but I don't think it's highly likely, to be honest. If there were likely to be other women he was responsible for going missing I think we'd have heard something by now. The police have not said that he is a suspect in relation to any specific case and the press will definitely have been trying to associate him with other missing people if they can possibly do so.

In addition, his efforts in covering up his crimes against SE were pretty incompetent and ineffectual when you actually look at it. It would seem unlikely that he's previously got away with similar without even raising suspicion.

Then again, it's not impossible.

i think he has done this before, i think he needed to increase the risk and chose a low risk target and that is why he got caught.

i think up until now he chose women who no one missed

Anything is possible but I think that if there were any serious suggestions that he was responsible for similar crimes we'd have heard about it by now.

Whenever something like this happens the cry is always he's obviously done it before. That can't always be true though as there has to be a first. I see no evidence (even rumour) that he's done anything like this before.

Sorry to disagree but I don't think it's highly likely, to be honest. If there were likely to be other women he was responsible for going missing I think we'd have heard something by now. The police have not said that he is a suspect in relation to any specific case and the press will definitely have been trying to associate him with other missing people if they can possibly do so.

In addition, his efforts in covering up his crimes against SE were pretty incompetent and ineffectual when you actually look at it. It would seem unlikely that he's previously got away with similar without even raising suspicion.

Then again, it's not impossible.
Yes, Besides he broke down completely after the murder. Seemed to have a nervous breakdown.

Anything is possible but I think that if there were any serious suggestions that he was responsible for similar crimes we'd have heard about it by now.

Whenever something like this happens the cry is always he's obviously done it before. That can't always be true though as there has to be a first. I see no evidence (even rumour) that he's done anything like this before.

BBM

I think we're not well placed to know right now.

My personal feeling is that he's committed sexual offences before that may or may not come to light/be in the process of investigation already. I don't feel he's murdered before as tbh I feel he got so overexcited about murdering Sarah that that was when he started making stupid mistakes. I also think, as I said upthread, that he's more likely to have hired a car in his own name for anonymous encounters with sex workers than with the expressed intention and premeditation to murder.

However, I know for sure that LE were looking at other potentially connected unsolved cases within a geographical radius once they knew who had murdered Sarah, as they contacted another Websleuther for more information about something that came up here, and, if people recall, there was a slew of other unsolved sexual offences and disappearances of women in the Kent area that were discussed on the threads at the time as possibly being linked.

I don't think we would necessarily be hearing publicly about what stage any of those other investigations had reached until LE were ready to bring charges and iirc there were way too many of them (!) for the media to have much of a handle on which ones to pursue. So, on balance, although I don't think I believe he's murdered before, I also don't think the lack of anything else in the public domain atm tells us much one way or the other.

JMO

The scientific findings comment is very odd indeed.

He's the only rapist involved so if the sample is from her body that mixed DNA would only be his and hers for which they should have clear reference samples?

Also it says this will help determine whether they contained blood or semen and where she was raped and murdered? So I'm guessing these are small DNA traces taken from either a car or some other site which would contain just trace DNA from more sources - especially if it's the hire car? In the days between him abducting Sarah and the car being discovered how many people could have hired it out leaving trace DNA? Which really wouldn't contain blood or semen?

Just random opinions. Doesn't look.like he's volunteering much.

The mixed profile could include her boyfriend’s DNA. Semen can be detected on a high vaginal swab for up to 7 days.

BBM

I think we're not well placed to know right now.

My personal feeling is that he's committed sexual offences before that may or may not come to light/be in the process of investigation already. I don't feel he's murdered before as tbh I feel he got so overexcited about murdering Sarah that that was when he started making stupid mistakes. I also think, as I said upthread, that he's more likely to have hired a car in his own name for anonymous encounters with sex workers than with the expressed intention and premeditation to murder.

However, I know for sure that LE were looking at other potentially connected unsolved cases within a geographical radius once they knew who had murdered Sarah, as they contacted another Websleuther for more information about something that came up here, and, if people recall, there was a slew of other unsolved sexual offences and disappearances of women in the Kent area that were discussed on the threads at the time as possibly being linked.

I don't think we would necessarily be hearing publicly about what stage any of those other investigations had reached until LE were ready to bring charges and iirc there were way too many of them (!) for the media to have much of a handle on which ones to pursue. So, on balance, although I don't think I believe he's murdered before, I also don't think the lack of anything else in the public domain atm tells us much one way or the other.

JMO

I think it's a very strong bet that he's committed other sexual offences. I'd guess that most have been against sex workers, probably the street-walking druggy type who wouldn't go the the police. I definitely don't think he's murdered before and probably not kidnapped or at least not for more than a few hours maybe.

Whichever way this goes it's becoming clearer by the day that the Met (and possibly the CNP) are going to have some very searching questions put to them. It's looking like there were ample opportunities, if not stop him, then having a reasonable likelihood of some sort of intervention. If his nickname "The Rapist" is true (and it may not be, of course) then that's a huge red flag. Yes, it's probably very much a "lads" culture, especially in the CNP, but people don't get nicknames like that without good reason. Men, whatever people may think, don't commonly refer to their colleagues as rapists. No, it doesn't at all prove that his colleagues thought he was capable of committing rape, but it does show that they thought he had very weird sexual proclivities. If he'd just been called "The Pervert" that would be one thing but, "The Rapist"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks