GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don’t know what it is but I can’t help shake the feeling that this won’t be the last we hear of Wayne Couzens and his perverseness. I don’t think he was a serial killer but I would not be surprised if he ends up linked to other cases against women e.g more flashing etc.

I don't see him confessing to other rapes considering how upset he seems to be that he's been caught but I definitely think he's guilty of more sexual assaults and rapes. I guess it's a matter of further police investigation or previous victims feeling brave enough to come out now that they know he can't hurt them anymore.

He will only be able to appeal the sentence - and no right minded lawyer would do that after reading the sentencing remarks. WC is not sorry. He would have assisted the investigation and given a full confession if he was sorry. I suspect thought, theat the sentence would have been the same.

I know he will only be able to appeal the sentence, I am a lawyer myself but there is always a prospect of appealing this level of sentence and I think WC might, despite the anticipated futility of it. He is that sort of person and there will always be a lawyer to take any triable case, that is how the system works. I don’t always like it but I see it.

The Venn diagram of the sort of person who does this sort of crime, and the sort of person who will try and oppose the maximum or even appropriate sentence, is a circle.

This is the news we were all hoping for.

He now keeps company in the history books with some of the most disturbed individuals that have ever walked the planet. He is fully deserving of this. I hope that every second he has is hellish and painful.

I am glad that he received such a strong sentence. Though nothing will ever compare to what he put Sarah through. This case has left me with a heavy sense of sadness.

Thanks to all of the posters who provided updates and contributed to the discussion.

Telegraph (catching up with the Twitter post of about half an hour ago!)
10:48am
Couzens led from the dock

With that, Lord Justice Fulford retired to consider sentencing.

Wayne Couzens, head bowed and hands held together across his front, trudged out of the dock.

He will learn his fate at 11.30am.
If he is sooo filled with shame and repentance, why doesnt he beg the family of Sarah now for forgiveness?
Stand straight like a man, look into their eyes and say *Im so sorry*????
He is an absolute coward!

Leaving his phone on while driving to the murder site/dumping site is pretty clear evidence this guy is a moron.

His story around the gang was also just plain bad. There was going to be no supporting phone, text, other messaging evidence or video that he was going to be able to conjure up based off the fact it simply doesn't exist, and he must have known that.

If he is sooo filled with shame and repentance, why doesnt he beg the family of Sarah now for forgiveness?
Stand straight like a man, look into their eyes and say *Im so sorry*????
He is an absolute coward!

I agree. He’s a massive coward. He couldn’t even stand up and listen to what her family said. Pathetic loser.

If he is filled with shame and repentance, he will go and take his sentence and not appeal.

Your move, Wayne.

We have a lot of bonfires, so the best to get a lot of heat is a base of logs that you burn down to glowing hot then put a more fuel on top. The fridge is just molten plastic crap that can't burn. And a petrol fire will just burn quick, but then there is no fuel to keep it going. Petrol is a waste of time basically, unless your idea is just to destroy forensics.

But even then you won't burn the bones away.
Thanks for the advice :)

I know he will only be able to appeal the sentence, I am a lawyer myself but there is always a prospect of appealing this level of sentence and I think WC might, despite the anticipated futility of it. He is that sort of person and there will always be a lawyer to take any triable case, that is how the system works. I don’t always like it but I see it.

The Venn diagram of the sort of person who does this sort of crime, and the sort of person who will try and oppose the maximum or even appropriate sentence, is a circle.
I agree.
The guardian film footage of all his little stops is quite remarkable.
Gave him an appetite, didn't it?
Wayne Couzens timeline: footage shows movements before murdering Sarah Everard

It's hard to believe, after watching these clips that he didn't go for a psychiatric diagnosis... doolalley it was, I'm still shaking my head..
Wayne Couzens timeline: footage shows movements before murdering Sarah Everard

The thing that freaked me out about the recent DM article is that it states he drove around for 2 hours that night, 'prowling' places like Kensington, Earls Court and Lavender Hill. As you can tell from my username, I live in Kensington. Thank god I wasn't out alone that night. If it wasn't Sarah it would have been someone else, he was clearly out with the intention of finding a woman to kill.

Hard to feel any joy over the whole life tariff whatsoever. He was never getting out either way. Would rather see him bounced and kicked down the A2 by anyone who fancied it. .
RIP Sarah

I think at first she would have been confused by the arrest itself it seemed so harsh what I can not stop thinking about the moment she realised in the car that this was not an arrest they are not going to a police station all of sudden the situation she is in is a dangerous one would he have listen to her pleas for the 80 mile journey did he enjoy her being scared? what happened when they changed vehicles? she was handcuffed when he arrested her from minute 1 of he kidnapping and did not really stand a chance against this monster

I was kidnapped off the street when I was 16, I was driven 20 minutes away. That was excruciatingly long, thinking about all the things that could happen when we arrived. 80 miles to me is unthinkable. The horror I endured during 20 minutes, I cant even put into words. So for me I know on some level how Sarah felt but 80 miles of thinking that is sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong