GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesni

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah Everard: Met PC Wayne Couzens charged with murder

A serving Met Police officer has been charged with the kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard, who disappeared as she walked home in south London.

The 33-year-old's body was found in woodland in Kent more than a week after she was last spotted on 3 March.

Wayne Couzens, 48, will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday charged with her murder.

[...]

This case is now under sub-judice.

Under sub-judice, the following is not allowed:

Any non compliance with an Order of the court
Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestions or direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "the accused", the "alleged killer" or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges/lawyers, any officer of the Court)
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence.

Please do not post anything that violates the above principles.

Thank you.

ETA for reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981

There are far too many posts violating sub-judice in this discussion.

Members can NOT make posts insinuating the accused's guilt. Before you post, ask yourself "If a juror was reading here, could what I am about to post influence that juror?" If the answer is yes, it is a violation of sub-judice. So, posts to the effect of "well, the accused is going to be put away for life" or "he/she/the accused must have done this type of thing before" etc are off limits because they are insinuating guilt.

Also off limits are discussion about a possible IE incident. Whether or not an accused person is charged or has been charged with something prior or the current charges, it cannot be discussed here. Jurors are not to be privy to any prior history or suggestions of prior crimes. Jurors must hold deliberations on the current charges only without influence of any prior dealings with the law.

WS does not have the staff to moderate this discussion 24 hours a day. If we continue to have difficulty in controlling the discussion as it relates to violations of sub-judice or too many off topic posts (i.e. discussion of journalistic integrity), this discussion will have to be closed until trial and only the Media *NO DISCUSSION* thread will remain open.

As previously stated, discussion about the vigil, protests, politics is off limits just because it led to too much off topic discussion that is not directly related to the crime itself. While such discussion may have been allowed in other threads, this decision is thread specific because it was derailing the thread.

Any questions, please private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Thanks.

"Her boyfriend’s messages about their plans for the rest of the week had not been read and went unanswered, and there was no sign of her using her telephone or social media such as Instagram, despite her normally doing so. From 11:38pm all attempts to call her mobile telephone went to 'call forward'."
By early evening, after trying other ways of getting hold of Sarah Everard to no avail, Josh Lowth went round to her flat but got no answer.

He started to make enquiries with the hospitals and emergency services, and reported Sarah as missing to the police. He also made enquiries with other friends and family on Mar 4, but nobody had heard from her all day.

Police confirmed in the early hours of Mar 5 that Sarah Everard was not at her home address and that her flat had the appearance of her not having returned there after leaving her friend’s flat.

Sarah Everard: Former Met officer Wayne Couzens to be sentenced for murder

BBM

I can only imagine the sheer panic Sarah's boyfriend must have felt once he started looking for her and realised something was seriously wrong

It's quite an unusual selection of drinks to buy for 1 person IMO, 3 different varieties of drink.

Sadly my theory on this at the time seems to be far closer to reality than I'd have liked.

Couzens shopping trip to BP garage after murdering Sarah Everard
By 1.03am and 2.43am, the killer returned to central Dover with Sarah Everard still in his Seat.

The CPS said they "simply can't say whether it was approximate to the rape or in the hour or two after that" that Sarah Everard was killed.

The Old Bailey heard there had been no offer of explanation from Couzens.

But the prosecution suggest that by 2.31am - when the Seat activated an ANPR camera on the A20 Limekiln Street in Dover - by this point that Sarah Everard is likely to have been murdered.

Mr Little said this is because at 2.34am the defendant went to BP Dover South Services on Limekiln Street and bought:

• two bottles of still water
  • an apple juice
  • a Lucozade Orange
  • a carrier bag
Mr Little added: "There is no CCTV from the petrol station at the relevant time due to a system upgrade having taken place, after which, inadvertently the system was left switched off for a period of time.

However, the defendant was not to have known that and to have left her alive - even in the boot of the Seat - would have been foolhardy."
Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have used Covid rules to arrest and kidnap victim'

Did he leave her in the car boot ALL night at home?

My sincerest condolences and prayers for Sarah's family!
I, as a stranger, felt my skin crawl while reading this horror story unfolding:(
It is just too much for any parent and sibling to bear.

It's quite an unusual selection of drinks to buy for 1 person IMO, 3 different varieties of drink.

Sadly my theory on this at the time seems to be far closer to reality than I'd have liked.

yeah that is weird. I wonder why he would risk going to a public place at this time?

If the rape and murder occurred somewhat simultaneously you’d think he would admit to that, keeping quiet suggests to me he wants to hold something back for himself.

Wow... these details are horrific. I'm glad it's finally out there though so there's a little more understanding and closure, for her family and friends but also for everyone else too. It's important to recognise what happened that night and how a situation like that could potentially be avoided in the future.

I sort of didn't expect him to have used handcuffs or his police identity really, but I don't know what I was expecting either. So incredibly creepy and disgusting how premeditated the whole thing was.

The day after, at 8.14am, Couzens, wearing the same clothing as the previous evening, went into a Costa Coffee in Biggin Street, Dover, where he bought a hot chocolate with coconut milk, and a Bakewell Tart.

Reporter Lucy Williamson reports that Couzens is ringing his hands in the dock, but otherwise acting normal.

Live updates as Wayne Couzens sentenced at Old Bailey for Sarah Everard's murder

Something I've been wondering about this case is if he simply accepted he would be caught?

The hire care was only for the deception. He has his phone on the entire time.

Yet he did try to conceal the body.

Did he simply assume no one would look that hard for her? Or did he just not care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd