GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sarah's sister Katie's statement she says that the toxicology report showed no signs of drugs. Also they tested her brain for signs of trauma to see if she was unconscious.

Its a horrific thought.
I still don't understand his plan.
He did a 2 hour drive with an abducted woman during lockdown, there might have been numerous roadblocks. Would he have had knowledge of roadblocks and avoided them!?

It seems her phone didn't ping after Poynders Rd, so he must've taken it off her and turned it off. At that stage she must've been scared and realised it wasnt a normal arrest.
She probably hadnt been arrested before so was likely confused for 15 minutes at least.

Good point. Although it was a good few days before she was found and drugs can not show a trace, presumably, after a period of time. Unless that process is ceased once she has died as most of those days she was already dead.

I think it was well planned - as said at court, he had been doing regular trips to London for about a month to prepare. He knew the roads well, travelled them regularly, he'd know he'd have a straight run at that time of night. But maybe all part of the thrill - the fear of being stopped. If stopped he'd just flash his police card presumably. But probably confident he wouldn't be.

I think, as mentioned before, he probably kept saying it was an out of London processing unit due to Covid to keep her calm and not visibly distressed say they stopped at lights or traffic, I think the reality is she probably would have just calmly kept hoping he was telling the truth until the point he transferred her into the other car:( If not she would have been struggling, moving, trying to kick that back of his seat I would assume.

Unless he threatened/intimidated her into silence. Like - you keep quiet or I'll kill you - I have a knife.

So going back to his phone..after arrest they found the WhatsApp with police but he had wiped his phone to factory settings prior to arrest. So suggests he had stuff saved on his phone SIM and other activity /data in the cloud etc , 2 sources of info, only one accessible to police. I also think the details of what he did are too terrible for him to tell anyone and the phone is probably implicated.

Shame it wasn't an iphone - all the photos and videos would still be in icloud. Do Samsung phones do that too?

‘In my judgment the police are in a unique position, which is essentially different from any other public servants. They have powers of coercion and control that are in an exceptional category. In this country it is expected that the police will act in the public interest; indeed, the authority of the police is to a truly significant extent dependent on the public’s consent, and the power of officers to detain, arrest and otherwise control important aspects of our lives is only effective because of the critical trust that we repose in the constabulary, that they will act lawfully and in the best interests of society. If that is undermined, one of the enduring safeguards of law and order in this country is inevitably jeopardised

Why the whole-life sentence for the murderer of Sarah Everard is correct

A picture is building of him from a long way back. Probably his preference for brutal sexual *advertiser censored* meant he didn't have the kind of personality or social skills to have girlfriends easily (or didn't actually want girlfriends, just "experiences"). Got married in his 30s perhaps as a cover for his secret lifestyle, so he seemed to be a respectable family man with an educated wife. Notably used online dating to find his wife as well (not that unusual except it was abroad - where nobody knows him). The advantages of a wife from another country are numerous. She would be naive to English culture and not know a lot. If he married someone locally, he'd have a lot more "contacts" via marriage who might "pick up" something about him or gossip to his friends about him etc. It was all part of a secret, devious life he wanted to keep hidden. JMO MOO.

The report yesterday about other officers being investigated from the Whatsapp group he was in was chilling - one of them still worked at Dungeness where he'd been before, a couple at his work at the Met, one from another place he'd worked before and one from another Police Constabulary. Sharing "discriminatory and/or inappropriate" content.

"An investigation into the conduct of five officers from three forces and one former officer who allegedly sent discriminatory messages as part of a Whatsapp group between March and October 2019.

The mobile phone messages were discovered during the police investigation into Ms Everard’s murder.

Three of the serving officers are with the MPS, one from the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) and one from Norfolk Constabulary. The former officer was previously with the MPS.

They are being investigated for gross misconduct for allegedly sending messages of a discriminatory and/or inappropriate nature, and for allegedly failing to challenge the messages sent by the others."

Update on IOPC investigations following sentencing of former PC Wayne Couzens | Independent Office for Police Conduct

Police asking people to come forward with more information about WC

Wayne Couzens may have committed more crimes, including one just days before he killed Sarah Everard

"Wayne Couzens may have been responsible for more crimes, including an indecent exposure just 72 hours before he kidnapped, raped, and murdered Sarah Everard."

"The revelation came from Assistant Met Commissioner Nick Ephgrave, who was speaking after Couzens was given a whole life sentence for the murder of Ms Everard." (Hardly new news or a revelation!)

"He added: "We ask anyone in the service or any member of the public that might have any information about Couzens's behaviour - either as an officer or member of the public - that might be relevant, please come forward."

"The police watchdog is also investigating five officers over claims they sent misogynistic, racist and homophobic material with Couzens over WhatsApp months before he killed Ms Everard, according to a report in The Times."

I thought about that earlier - I believe with Whatsapp, the messages are saved in the account, so if they could re-sign into his account later, they could see the messages. Assume these apps allowed Police access to his account.
Yes exactly, those things are hard to wipe , all parties would have to wipe them, SIMS are another story

"He had a Galaxy handset on the Vodafone network and a Samsung Galaxy watch."

Wayne Couzens 'may have abused lockdown powers to arrest and kidnap Sarah Everard'

Is One Drive an automatic upload of photos though or does it have to be installed?

It's not automatic.

One Drive is the microsoft product.

When you set up your Galaxy phone which is android, you get asked about various cloud backup options like Google Drive, Google photos, Dropbox, Samsung, One Drive etc

So a common backup for Android is google drive, and google photos

I’m very pleased he was given a whole life tariff. I hope Sarah’s loved ones can find some measure of peace and I’m glad they will never have to fight to keep him inside in front of a parole board, constantly dreading the next hearing.

I am going to try never to afford WC another moment’s thought, may he rot in obscurity - of interest or care to nobody.

A big thank you especially to those here who did all the transcriptions.

Yes exactly, those things are hard to wipe , all parties would have to wipe them, SIMS are another story

WhatsApp is encrypted, and not stored on WA servers.

So really the only way to get into it would be to log in to an account backup he made in the cloud (needs his login) or (more likely) someone who is the group, has given police access.

It's not automatic.

One Drive is the microsoft product.

When you set up your Galaxy phone which is android, you get asked about various cloud backup options like Google Drive, Google photos, Dropbox, Samsung, One Drive etc

So a common backup for Android is google drive, and google photos

So it takes someone to actively want to keep back ups. Whereas with iphone, icloud backups of photos and videos are automatic (unless turned off). He probably didn't back up so any incriminating photos or videos gone I expect. In terms of leads to other things he may have done.

Somehow I think we're going to hear about/find out about other crimes from him.

I think WC has definitely committed other sex crimes before. Going from flashing to murder at the age of 48 is too much of an escalation. We know he used prostitutes; men who use prostitutes are significantly more likely to commit rape. It would be easy for him to rape a prostitute, because juries often just don’t believe sex workers can be raped. He seemed to be familiar with those brothels that have trafficked Romanian sex slaves, and I would argue using those girls is inherently rape. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s raped non-pristitutes too.

So it takes someone to actively want to keep back ups. Whereas with iphone, icloud backups of photos and videos are automatic (unless turned off). He probably didn't back up so any incriminating photos or videos gone I expect. In terms of leads to other things he may have done.

Somehow I think we're going to hear about/find out about other crimes from him.

The reality is, if you are a Gmail user, you probably will have set up cloud backup for your android phone during the setup prompts

The report yesterday about other officers being investigated from the Whatsapp group he was in was chilling - one of them still worked at Dungeness where he'd been before, a couple at his work at the Met, one from another place he'd worked before and one from another Police Constabulary. Sharing "discriminatory and/or inappropriate" content.

"An investigation into the conduct of five officers from three forces and one former officer who allegedly sent discriminatory messages as part of a Whatsapp group between March and October 2019.

The mobile phone messages were discovered during the police investigation into Ms Everard’s murder.

Three of the serving officers are with the MPS, one from the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) and one from Norfolk Constabulary. The former officer was previously with the MPS.

They are being investigated for gross misconduct for allegedly sending messages of a discriminatory and/or inappropriate nature, and for allegedly failing to challenge the messages sent by the others."

Update on IOPC investigations following sentencing of former PC Wayne Couzens | Independent Office for Police Conduct

A grossly disturbing picture, and I'm not sure how to phrase this, but is it possible that this was a joint venture, that the "experience" was shared with his like-minded associates? We know that paedophiles on the Dark Web have to submit proof of themselves abusing a victim in order to join a group. could something similar be happening with violent sex offenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288