UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few years a go i was a part of a project to make an app that would be a 1 push button that would alert police/cctv/emergency operators to your location silently and it would spark some action to preserve CCTV and video evidence and get police to your location ( your phone would constantly record video and audio as well)

so in the case you went missing there was a true starting point and all video preserved, unfortunately the funding was withdrawn and the app never got out of the coding stage ( there is a similar app out there now but it doesn't have the CCTV option or direct police contact i think )

i think in cases like this would it have got this solved quicker or more information to go on

He was the last person to talk to her, he was probably right up there for the Police in terms of things to look into. Wouldn't be surprised at all if his lawyer has told him to shut his mouth to the media irrespective of guilt.

That’s what I’m referring to too above where I say “advised privately” as a possibility. I’m not saying our LE don’t do an amazing and difficult job and do so with integrity but, in a case with such little evidence, anything JL says could be interpreted a certain way by LE that might lead to a charge or worse, even if he’s innocent. So maybe a lawyer, business solicitor even (as he has his own business) or family lawyer, or even non-legal party, has advised him to keep quiet-ish.
To be clear, this is speculation - I am in NO WAY casting aspersions on JL’s guilt OR his innocence with this post.

(JMO / MOO) I believe the phone call SE made, which has been covered in MSM as her partner, was to arrange for them to meet halfway on her journey around Clarence Avenue or to meet at their home (not hers), which would mean walking down that road. I wondered if her phone went cold because the person she called was on the road and she had met them, perhaps switching her phone off, having now made contact in person. Maybe she just wanted some company on the 15minute walk to meet them halfway, hence why she called them. Perhaps they had an argument, they caught up with her, and then something happened. Perhaps she made it to this person's house... Knowing the person would not arouse suspicion from Joe Public,hence why noone has come forward to say they saw/heard anything. From private sleuthing, and reference to a 'close friend' being doorstopped by the Daily Mail, that 'close friend' lives within the vicinity of Brixton Water Lane and Lambert's Road, which is an area of interest to the LE.

If that were the case, and she rang off because she could see the person she was meeting, then that phone would be pinging a mast in the same vicinity as hers. LE will be able to get phone records from the telecoms companies and therefore should know where the boyfriend's phone was.

On a phone related note, if a phone is chucked down a drain, will it become invisible to the network?

I think nowadays when they have to keep updating their website with new content they use anything they can get. I don't read too much into photos of the bf JMO

I agree to some extent but I do believe reporters can some times hear or see things which point in a certain direction. They shouldn't print his picture though as he hasn't made any appeals or put himself in the public domain or even been named as a POI.

That’s what I’m referring to too above where I say “advised privately” as a possibility. I’m not saying our LE don’t do an amazing and difficult job and do so with integrity but, in a case with such little evidence, anything JL says could be interpreted a certain way by LE that might lead to a charge or worse, even if he’s innocent. So maybe a lawyer, business solicitor even (as he has his own business) or family lawyer, or even non-legal party, has advised him to keep quiet-ish.
To be clear, this is speculation - I am in NO WAY casting aspersions on JL’s guilt OR his innocence with this post.

Honestly if I was in his situation the first thing I would ask for is a lawyer. You are statistically the most likely person to be involved - The Police are not your friend.

I agree it’s a difficult situation to find yourself and any bad press is not something you would want to be on the receiving end of. I do recall there has been statements made publicly from her “partners” family before there was any from the actual partner though, which would seem even more odd if it was a new relationship or someone they didn’t know that well.

The boyfriend’s sister Bryony has been very vocal on social media about SE disappearance. She mentions her being her brother’s partner.

Yeah it certainly seem like the family knew her well and were find of her, so imo not that new of a relationship, considering lockdown and not being able to visit family. (For what it's worth I don't live with my partner and we've been together over two years and have twins together! So not living together and referring to partner doesn't equate to new relationship imo)

Moo

There have been some troubling increases in recent years but overall violent crime is significantly down since the 90s (the poster referenced the last 20 years)

I mean in the 80s as kids we played football after school and biked where ever all without phones and no one knew where we were!

those were the days! I miss them!

UK. If you're the partner of someone in a serious missing persons case where you're the last person to speak to them, you're going to want a lawyer present irrespective of guilt if you have any sense.

Sorry I obviously misunderstood, I thought you meant when talking to the media, do you mean when being interviewed under caution by the police? (if that's the right term)

We don't know if he was the last person to speak to her do we? Only that a call with him took place during the walk home

"Police try to establish whether Sarah even walked through Clapham Common"

Link

Interesting- So she could have exited out the back of her friends but left out the nearest exit such as Grandison Road or similar, although this doesn't change the fact that she was spotted on cctv later, it does change the initial theory from the police that she had stayed on main roads for safety reasons and her route may have been more varied and less predictable.

That would be a very strange route, to leave by the back gate from Leathwaite Road, onto the common, then cut back down the side streets, to presumably come out either on Broomwood Road (further down the west side of the common), or Nightingale Lane, to bring her out by Clapham South Station. If she were to weave down the side streets, surely she’d have left by the front door, onto Leathwaite Road? Unless she was trying to avoid someone/ somewhere, or going via another address?

I agree to some extent but I do believe reporters can some times hear or see things which point in a certain direction. They shouldn't print his picture though as he hasn't made any appeals or put himself in the public domain or even been named as a POI.

His family have put him in the public domain, it's not unreasonable to assume he's OK with that IMO

Honestly if I was in his situation the first thing I would ask for is a lawyer. You are statistically the most likely person to be involved - The Police are not your friend.

Yes, however statistics don't really come into it, there's a binary choice here and he knows whether he was involved or not, the police aren't going to be somehow framing him for a crime that we don't know has even happened yet and as far as we do know has zero leads.

JMO

Thanks Rex - have you only looked for her going home or have you looked for her to going to her friend's on Leathwaite? The link you have seems different from another source I have been using with still cam shots back in time. So maybe might provide more in between stills. It takes a lot of time looking through these. This is the link I would say has trended the most for cctv on this forum. So hopefully your link might give different times.
London Traffic Cameras - Live TfL JamCam Feeds
Hi Blue Guardian,
I tried to do both but to no avail. Didn't spot SE. Some snippets from outside Sainsbury's are missing at around 1800 hrs (enroute to Leathwaite) and also at Cavendish at 2115 hrs (return - appear to be missing).

Poynders has the 2 dog walkers 2130-2145 hrs + a few buses that hopefully have external Cams.

Sorry I obviously misunderstood, I thought you meant when talking to the media, do you mean when being interviewed under caution by the police? (if that's the right term)

We don't know if he was the last person to speak to her do we? Only that a call with him took place during the walk home

Technically no - He's the last person he talked to that we are aware of. Even if they asked me for a voluntary interview I'd want a lawyer present. He would/will be target number 1. The Police would not just be interviewing him to ascertain events but also to understand the strength of his story. When there is the potential this is going to end up in Murder charges you don't want to be taking risks.

If I was his lawyer I'd tell him to avoid the media if he cares about his career and let the family raise awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288