UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of a potential abduction, while ‘fight or flight’ is often referenced, ‘shocked compliance’ is actually very common and could, from a distance, just look like a couple walking to a park, getting into a car etc.

Coupled with the fact that, as someone who lives by a different part of the South Circular, I have to admit it would take a really blood curdling scream or massive fracas to make me pay much attention (there is always random shouting) I can see how she could have ‘disappeared’ without anyone noticing.

Am stumped, though, by the fact they haven’t found her yet. Possible that a perpetrator returned to the scene of an attack before the police search started in earnest to move evidence?

Agree am expecting imminent announcement from police.

Snipped by me for focus.

I was wondering the same thing this morning. I suspect that they were actually in the garden for some time before Sarah left, perhaps even for the whole period (more Covid-responsible, someone may have been smoking etc.). Virtually all rear gardens have a light in them nowadays, and the scrub land is only about 15 feet wide until you are on a footpath on a well-lit thoroughfare in the direction Sarah needed to be. Her friend probably waited at the back gate until Sarah was on the path. I don't think Sarah's safety has been compromised in leaving by the back gate.

It had occurred to me that Sarah had arranged to leave this way because she felt she had been followed to the front of the house at the start of the evening. It's a bit of a long shot, which I have pretty much, but not completely, ruled out. I don't think Sarah would have walked home if she felt she'd been followed earlier, and the friend wouldn't have allowed her too, either. Even if she'd said nothing to her friend, surely her suspicions would have been raised by a request to leave by the back gate.

I've posted something about this just now then read your post afterwards. I gave a similar slant but not about being followed to the door. You make a good point.

Last edited:
I took it that they met in the garden or courtyard for the evening and didn't enter the house for Covid reasons. If that did happen (JMO) then Sarah would need the toilet surely especially if it was cold. Could she have gone to the toilet somewhere quiet? Or in that scrubland?

I think this is actually a valid theory but her friends will be able to confirm whether she used the bathroom while she was there. If she was abiding by the Covid rules by sitting outside drinking and therefore did not enter to use the bathroom at her friends house she may have needed to go on the way home. With everything closed because of lockdown (and being only half way home), she may have seeked a location out of view and someone could have taken advantage at that location, or possibly, she could have asked someone in passing or in a front garden could she use their toilet (Although this would have broken the Covid rules which we are assuming she abided by at her friends house). Either way, taking a detour off Poynders Road at this point could have bee to use the bathroom.

I took it that they met in the garden or courtyard for the evening and didn't enter the house for Covid reasons. If that did happen (JMO) then Sarah would need the toilet surely especially if it was cold. Could she have gone to the toilet somewhere quiet? Or in that scrubland?

I fear pretty much half the people that live in this side of the common, and go out in Clapham High Street, have piddled on that bit of grass - it’s quite secluded at the back, at night, with a few trees to hide behind (to avoid the car headlights on the South Circular)!

Another newbie, here, I’m afraid, so apologies for any mistakes...

I live on Leathwaite, very near to where SE started her journey from and one thing that has always struck me from the beginning was, why she left the friends house by the rear gate? The garden she’d have to walk through would be dark, and you come out onto a small piece of scrub land (completely unkempt and overgrown), before you get to the South Circular Road to follow around to Clapham Common. It would add no time at all to leave the friend’s house by the front door and follow the well lit road around. I know SE was seen well after this point of her trip, but maybe it just shows that she wasn’t adverse to a little detour, even across an unlit, uneven area?

The other thing is her phone being turned off. I know someone previously asked if turning her phone onto “flight mode” stops all ping activity (I definitely do that myself, if my battery is dying, and especially if I wait to listen to music). I have to admit another bad habit I have, especially after a cheeky vino or two, is if I have an argument on my phone, I’ll hang up and turn my phone off, so they can’t call me back.

The possibility of turning her phone off (or on airplane mode) after an argument had crossed my mind too as it's something I've also done, particularly after a drink. I would be even more likely to do this if I was going to meet someone else, and didn't want someone to keep ringing/texting me. Probably not relevant to this situation at all but good to consider every possibility. MOO

JMO I believe the police have a theory but need more cctv footage to support it before an arrest is made. I think the park searches are to rule out areas to support their theory.

Exactly. Not being seen on CCTV is just as good evidence as being seen...depends on what you are trying to prove/disprove. MOO

https://twitter.com/simonharrisitv/status/1369241783352299525?s=21

MSM reporting the above - does anyone know where this is in Clapham?

gosh. Is it SOP to search the drains or would this be a specific theory they are pursuing? Picture at tweet

Long time lurker and new poster so apologies if this has been discussed previously and I just haven’t seen it.

Has it been announced the timing of her leaving her home to travel to her friends earlier that evening? And has any images of this journey been tracked on CCTV to see which route she took then? As I assume she’d just take the same route back.

Such a bizarre case that I feel incredibly drawn to. I think because I too have been a young female walking alone at night (not in London) and could easily have happened to me. I really hope we find out soon but sadly I don’t think it will be a happy ending.

I think she is not the type of person that easy to lure to someone property by a stranger. She is a professional and has an education. My feelings said she knows the area quite well and quite often walking between her friend to her house. If I did visit my friend house for the first time in an area that I didn't know well, maybe I would avoid walking through a big common (park or area which doesn't have people) at night.

But you don't know her and nor do I, yet there were reports of her being the type of person who would help anyone. If someone was saying help me please or my puppy has just escaped etc you've no idea how she would react. JMO

A couple of points re this image:

1) I am not looking at the figure in the white tracksuit but the figure crossing the road which looks to have a red hood and a turquoise coat. Has this been noted?

2) The road on the right is definitely Brixton Water Lane.

I can't see anyone else on a laptop with screen fully bright.

The possibility of turning her phone off (or on airplane mode) after an argument had crossed my mind too as it's something I've also done, particularly after a drink. I would be even more likely to do this if I was going to meet someone else, and didn't want someone to keep ringing/texting me. Probably not relevant to this situation at all but good to consider every possibility. MOO

That was kinda my thinking, had an argument on the phone, hang up and turn my phone off then maybe venture to a different friends to calm down… or I have even been known to go full bunny boiler and go to confront the person I’d argued with face to face. Anyway, something like that could explain why SE would turn her own phone off?

https://twitter.com/simonharrisitv/status/1369241783352299525?s=21

MSM reporting the above - does anyone know where this is in Clapham?

More signs of a broadening search. Either they are looking for something very specific, in which case they probably know a lot more than are letting on or they are desperate for any kind of lead.

JMO but I’m leaning to the latter. They need to access every property in the area as soon as possible. When you’ve eliminated an attack on the street through lack of evidence and haven’t been able to pin point a vehicle abduction and we are some way into the investigation now. Don’t know how long it takes to sift through cctv but surely any vehicles in the direct vicinity during the specific timeframe would’ve been tracked down by now and when you’ve done all that what else is there other than her being forced or lured into a property?

I think that's exactly what happened. Seems more likely than an abduction from a stranger, IMO.

Are there any possibilities that she would be going somewhere by bus? The bust stops just in front of Agnes Riley Gardens and if the bus timetable is matching with the last ping might be any possibilities she takes 355 or 50 bus towards Brixton, Mitcham, Stockwell or Croydon. But I guess police should know fast if she was riding the bus that night from the bus CCTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge