UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling I’m alone, but I feel like she knew she was meeting someone.
The timing of her phone call ending, the phone disconnecting, the footfall in the area, I just don’t believe it was a chance meet or he lured her into a car. MOO obviously and I could very well be wrong.

The timing of her phone call ending, the phone disconnecting, the footfall in the area, I just don’t believe it was a chance meet or he lured her into a car. MOO obviously and I could very well be wrong.

I've always thought this is a strong possibility

For WS's interested: examples (non-exhaustive) of 'Assisting an offender' in England and Wales include: hiding an offender; helping an offender avoid arrest; lying to police to protect the offender; hiding a weapon; washing clothes in an attempt to destroy forensics. Public Justice Offences incorporating the Charging Standard | The Crown Prosecution Service

Thanks for sharing that - I suppose 'lying to police to protect the offender' would cover providing a false alibi. The other examples would lend an implication that the person would know more about the crime itself.

Does anyone know - if your phone is missing/destroyed/dead and the location of it is unknown - is there any way to access whatsapp messages/other apps on the phone? If there is a theory that the PO is known to her/she planned to stop off on her way home, surely there'd be some planning messages about it/a call?

I know if you have a Mac and an Iphone your iMessages can sync to your computer, and you can also use web whatsapp - but i'm not sure if your phone has to be in a certain proximity to the computer to work... Just wondering if there is any way of the police being able to see messages on her phone via social media or whatsapp even if they don't have the phone...

Even google maps searches would be useful - I just don't know if the police can access that in a case like this and am curious to know!

* wakes up*

* checks thread *

What the...?

Off the top of my head, if the police officer knew her, how did he know where to find her? Was it mobile data that gave him away?

Or did he not know her?
Imo I doubt they knew each other, she could have been followed by him in the car, he waited until she finished the phone call, or waved at her?

Tbh I was planning on just reading about this here since I found this forum earlier, but all of the potential ideas, scenarios and findings have been so interesting yet confusing to me that I decided to post.

I've lived in London for a few years, not in Clapham but in SW and have been around that area Sarah was walking, but in the morning. It's honestly not a place that feels safe to me despite how apparently lit up and busy it is at night, mostly because of all the council estates everywhere. However with it being a main road, you'd expect it to be fine.

There are so many possibilities as to what happened that could have taken place that night and I'm not even sure we'll ever really know exactly what went down.

I'm skeptical of "her phone randomly running out of battery" at that time. I have an iPhone too (with a pretty bad battery as well), but for it to be just at that exact time seems a little too coincidental. I also doubt that anything unusual happened while she was on the phone with her bf either, or else surely this would have been mentioned or there would have been more suspicion before?

It also seems weird to think of a policeman planning out a premeditated attack on her or any girl tbh (unless of course they knew each other). Just because there could have been so many other more isolated places to do so rather than that road.

The most plausible post I saw earlier was about how the police officer could have maybe hit her in his car by accident, panicked and feared for his job and it escalated from there.

Even though I'm not that hopeful given all this information, I really still hope she's found safe soon.
Yes. Co
The suspicion needed to justify an arrest is formed by the police and is far lower than the strength of evidence needed for the CPS to agree to a charge.

Following the arrest the suspect will be interviewed, most likely a number of times, further searches and forensic examinations may be carried on certian items and at specific addresses, locations and of specific vehicles the suspect may have had access to.

The suspect will either be released without charge, released under police investigation, released on bail or charged and remanded in custody to appear at court, if the charges are serious.

agreed but why not get him and keep him if you can

According to this survey here by the London Assembly, back in 2016 only 49% of serving Met police officers actually lived in London (i'm guessing due to high cost of living).

So it could be 50/50 whether the Kent address is actually the Police officer's home address.

Does anyone know - if your phone is missing/destroyed/dead and the location of it is unknown - is there any way to access whatsapp messages/other apps on the phone? If there is a theory that the PO is known to her/she planned to stop off on her way home, surely there'd be some planning messages about it/a call?

I know if you have a Mac and an Iphone your iMessages can sync to your computer, and you can also use web whatsapp - but i'm not sure if your phone has to be in a certain proximity to the computer to work... Just wondering if there is any way of the police being able to see messages on her phone via social media or whatsapp even if they don't have the phone...

Even google maps searches would be useful - I just don't know if the police can access that in a case like this and am curious to know!
Yes u can choose to back up to iCloud

I agree. The timing of everything, the phone call, the area - like you, I don’t think it was a chance meet. I think it it too much of a coincidence that she disappeared shortly after the call ended.

Could something have happened later.... met at his flat. Then he gave her a lift home

but something happened in the car so he carried on driving...out of London

Sarah could be anywhere. I don’t think she’s alive anymore either.

Yes u can choose to back up to iCloud

So iCloud is generally photos, videos. audio. Or atleast that's my understanding! And you'd need an Apple ID password to access it.

But what about actual conversations on whatsapp, instagram, etc. without having the password or the phone - is there a way?

Good morning all,

Are MET officers armed ?
I struggle to believe the police officer is the one who harmed her but maybe someone close to him stole his firearm and he tried to protect that person by hiding it. I’m just trying to make sense of that news!

Sorry if that has been already said by someone.

Lets take a moment to remember the police officers who took selfies with the dead bodies of women who had been murdered in June of last year.

They were also Met police officers.

Sorry for tone, but feeling pretty angry this morning and disappointed in humanity. Whether the guy was on duty or off duty, if he is guilty, then whether he knew her or not, he has a duty to protect the public.

Met officers could face charges over photos from scene of fatal stabbings

JMO

A police officer is probably one of the very few people who you would stop for.

A police officer, depending on speciality and seniority, knows quite a bit about investigations etc

A police office might have recce'd a good place from which to abduct someone, and be able to dispel suspicion if noticed hanging around.

He might have been waiting for the first lone woman to be in that place at a suitable time.

It might however not be relevant at all - it's possible he knew Sarah in her private life (which has been kept remarkably private)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd