UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not so sure, a woman being present would have made it much more likely for SE to get into a car. Something like if a woman was driving and stopped to ask for directions and then said something like I don’t you to walk home alone, I’ll drop you home. Also its likely difficult to keep someone in a back seat on the motorway kicking and screaming with only a driver so the guy could have been the one restraining her. I’m just speculating, a lot of questions remain. I just can’t think of a scenario she would willingly get in the car with an older random guy alone. Also maybe they were closer to her age and seemed really normal.

I don’t disagree that it would make the deed easier to carry out. I just think the wording of the arrests would be substantially different if the woman’s involvement was thought to be more direct (I’m thinking Moors Murderers - double acts are usually both guilty - or considered so at first - even if it’s only one of them that carries out the physical act or whatever it is). The arrest wording is key I think.

Wow can’t believe the news I am hearing this morning.. my last post was about how I thought she had got into a car with someone she knows/trusts.. seems likely now.
Hoping that they find out what happened today so they can give the family some closure. So sad.

I’m not so sure, a woman being present would have made it much more likely for SE to get into a car. Something like if a woman was driving and stopped to ask for directions and then said something like I don’t you to walk home alone, I’ll drop you home. Also its likely difficult to keep someone in a back seat on the motorway kicking and screaming with only a driver so the guy could have been the one restraining her. I’m just speculating, a lot of questions remain. I just can’t think of a scenario she would willingly get in the car with an older random guy alone. Also maybe they were closer to her age and seemed really normal.

Well maybe it wasnt a random guy.

It is bad enough that a man would take to abducting a female but what are the chances of a man AND woman carrying it out together? I know it does happen but very rarely.

If the woman was directly involved I think she would have been arrested for more than assisting an offender.

Created an account to stop being a lurker. Deal?! Hope I’m not breaking any rules but last night I was worrying if she’s in the coast/ sea :( now we know they’re searching in that area of Kent, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that

He was not on duty so rules out her getting into a car for that reason. If an ex again why get in a car without a struggle? Could be a friend. Of course we are not certain yet there was a car, could have been taken straight to the flats by a friend.

Original post DBM - I've now read the Sun link properly

SKY are reporting (unverified) that there is a search, likely connected, near Ashford in Kent

This isn't going to end well with the woods being searched :(

Really hope this isn't going to be one of those man accidentally killed woman during kinky sex session stories. Or Man kills woman due to stress of lockdown. Feck that poop!!

Yes but you don't address Parmalade's very strong point, if she was there at the time of the offence she would in the eyes of the law be just as culpable for the disappearance and would have been arrested on the same charge. Assisting an offender is all about knowingly trying to stop the arrest of a guilty person.

It could be as basic as he was hiding at the property and she was knowingly concealing him, but denying he was there.

I would say it’s highly likely that she knows these people, they could even be known to the family given the location they live in but how does something like that escalate to where we are now?
There has to be history there, a motive.
Why were the police searching the flats? If it started there then who owns the flat? And now what has taken them to the forest? Has the perp told them to look there?
There are so many unanswered questions at this point.
I cannot image what the family are going through right now.

Stalking and killing a former partner is a depressingly familiar tale. :(

I'd been wondering about this because of the Strava info which strongly suggested she had moved house last year.

JMO - the street from which Strava runs began before late spring was perhaps former shared home? Runs since then from new address (or addresses, there are two possibles or just the one plus privacy zone)[/QUOTE]

Yes and you can easily match up her previous start and end point of the runs with a follower of hers on Strava - although that might not mean anything

Just recovered this from an earlier thread via SouthLondon85

The first thing I wanted to confirm is that the route 'across the common' the seems to have people raising eyebrows on Twitter etc is actually a busy main road, the A205. At 9pm there is a fair bit of foot traffic (walker/joggers) and cyclists as well as cars. There is also a burger van open almost (or actually) all hours just off it near the ponds which tends to be busy, and often has off duty police eating there. I am one of life's worriers but I take this route in the dark several times a week and have no hesitation in doing so. People are imagining her walking across the grass in the dark and this is just not the case with that route, nothing like it.

Even if he wasn’t on duty he could still have shown her his police ID which convinced her to get into his car. That’s if she didn’t know him, which is possibly looking more likely in my own opinion.

As for the woman arrested for assisting him, the theory of it being his mother would make a lot of sense. Of course, you don’t know what version of events the woman was told and what they thought they were helping to cover up. They could have assisted the offender without realising exactly what it was they had done.... or am I just trying to see good in everyone which sadly isn’t there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361