Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tesni, Mar 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I didn’t see your post before I posted but this is exactly what I was thinking too. This happens exactly like this in high crime cities around the world.

Vera_dci, Mo Thuairim, dotr and 6 others like this.
  2. Finders_Keepers

Finders_Keepers Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with that. If a car pulled up rapidly alongside a female alone at night I envisage they would run. Likewise if walking towards a car and someone suspicious suddenly appeared they would run. In either scenario you are getting a head start more so if they have to stop and get out a car and apparently she was a runner, wearing trainers and had no bags.

No one knows but enticing someone close enough to grab could be possible

3. Stella123

Stella123 Well-Known Member

Can I just say please that this is hugely disrespectful to another member on here whose posts have been a) invaluable and b( relevant.

If you wish to think this, that is your choice but this is a place for sleuthing suspects and having something relevant to say - not sleuthing other members

4. CuriousObserver1

CuriousObserver1 Well-Known Member

Was in this article: Timeline of Sarah Everard’s disappearance

“She calls her boyfriend and stays on the phone to him for around 14 minutes, a court hearing on March 13 of the man accused of her kidnap and murder is told.

She is captured alone on CCTV at 9.15pm, caught again alone on a camera at 9.28pm, and later caught alone on the camera of a marked police car at 9.32pm.

At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captures two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

Another bus camera captures the same car with both front doors open.

The registration of the vehicle – later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover – is captured and tracked by police as it leaves London towards Kent.”

5. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

Why would you get into a car that has broken down? I guess he used another excuse.

6. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

I can't believe what I am seeing at the vigil

It's almost as if the Met want to confirm every negative stereotype about this case.

7. PleasantMess

PleasantMess Well-Known Member

And to add, I completely believe what was said in court, there's no question of that. I just think we have interpreted the wording differently.

Trooper likes this.
  8. RexLuther

RexLuther Well-Known Member

Photos from Poynders Court this evening - courtesy of social media (can't link it due to not being MSM) - MOOs
    EwZDtcqWYAQ7XUX.jpg EwZDtcoWEAAUvCe.jpg

Beans1, HayLouise, Sandyuk and 10 others like this.
  9. davidattenborough

davidattenborough Well-Known Member

I work in the public sector. As far as I know, in all jobs in the public sector (ie. council, prisons, schools, local government) you phone in sick and then you're off sick until you inform the employer that you're ready to return to work. Your manager has a duty to call you every couple of weeks or so, and after a certain length of time Occ Health will get involved, but that's all.

Normal Norm and Mo Thuairim like this.
  10. Finders_Keepers

Finders_Keepers Well-Known Member

Im not aware it’s been proven there is a claim the car had broken down is there?

11. PiggyStardust

PiggyStardust Well-Known Member

One or both could still be broken down. Tax and MOTs don’t power the engine.

12. CuriousObserver1

CuriousObserver1 Well-Known Member

I think this is what had stunned so many...the fact that on a busy London main road/bus route this could actually happen:( When you also consider that a marked police car drove by her 3 minutes before a bus camera picked up the stopped Astra and 2 figures.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  13. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I can't believe that he hadn't been following her for awhile, perhaps since she was walking along the same A205 on the Common. I am doubtful he was just driving along and suddenly in a rush saw her and decided she was the one.

Neither have we heard whether he was parked there on the road BEFORE she got to him, have we? Only seeing the car and the doors open on one cam, and two figures on another. Could he have been in Poynders Court before and was driving out when he perhaps saw her, or maybe knocked her off balance as he was - maybe been drinking? If she had hurt herself she might have been more immobile and easier to get in car too.

All just speculation.

Kaykedi, victoria156, Sandyuk and 2 others like this.
  14. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

I don't think the fear needs to be overt. How many times have you decided not to walk a particular way, or get a taxi, or arrange to come home with someone else? We do all these behaviour mods to protect ourselves which leads back to fear or another term perception of risk. Those risks largely come from particular men.

Force was my thought but l got instantly shouted down last night. I agree that could include being held.

15. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I think they are looking for evidence for this and potentially other crimes that he may have hidden in his house.

For eg, her phone is missing.
    I wonder, can you call in sick when on leave, so you use up a sick day, not a leave day. Possibly extends the leave?

16. opalsqueak63

opalsqueak63 Well-Known Member

LOl Yours sounds more modern - mine was the size of a can of hairspray with a push button. I still have it ;)

NCHydrangea and CoverMeCagney like this.
  17. Emmalt

Emmalt Well-Known Member

They likely know her cause of death but have chose not to make it public.

18. Gibbo214

Gibbo214 Former Member

Because he wanted to then and now. Have you asked yourself why he would expose himself to two different women at a McDonald's driving his own car where he should have know that he and his car would be caught on CCTV. He does not think when he wants to display himself.

Kittybunny, Kaykedi, Vera_dci and 9 others like this.
  19. Call_me_web_sloth

Call_me_web_sloth Well-Known Member

I can tell you right now that is not always the case. In strange scenarios your instincts don't always immediately kick in - you may be baffled as to why the car has stopped so suddenly and that's all your assailant needs. I doubt Sarah was expecting this to happen and so she may have been startled and her instinct to run delayed.

Kittybunny, Beans1, Kaykedi and 15 others like this.
  20. TheBigNoise

TheBigNoise New Member

Yes Friday 5th March.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.