Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tesni, Mar 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herat

Herat Way out West

Another poster on this thread had suggested that he had the same hire car during the Indecent Exposure episode and perhaps that's why he wasn't immediately identified from the license plate.

I don't think he was identified as the IE perp before Wednesday.

2. CaligulaBlushed

CaligulaBlushed Member

Hey, I think you might mean my post - here it is again just because you said you'd looked for it.

Rest in peace Sarah, you deserved to live.

"Hello, first time poster!

Two points:

1. The police rearrested WC for murder BEFORE they found Sarah's body, didn't they? I wonder if this is because the cadaver search dogs had reacted to something seized, such as the cars, or whether they had extracted any compelling information from the wife. Or perhaps this was a necessary procedural step to start asking a different set of questions.

2. WC's message to his supervisor about stress on 5 March is the same day that news about Sarah's disappearance first came into the public domain via social media and the Missing People site. Seeing this, it may have been the first time the accused had to confront the reality of the alleged crimes in the cold light of day. Many offenders operate normally most of the time and keep a curtain over their darker compulsions, even to themselves. This was potentially a sudden pulling back of the curtain and realisation the alleged crimes had not gone undetected for ages like sometimes happens in other cases.

Similarly, the email on 6 March regarding no longer wishing to handle weapons coincides with the day of the first public appeal from the Metropolitan Police. So perhaps that caused stress, reflection and panic and either genuine concern about his capacities once reality started to flood in, or it was part of a cynical ploy to lay down deteriorating mental health as a defence as others have theorised."

3. LolaPasha

LolaPasha New Member

MsBetsy likes this.
  4. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

Hola Nancy,

I don't want to snip your post in any way: I think you have made a very complete and sincere reply. Agree totally with your conclusion.

We are all very vulnerable all over the world, we have had the most worrying and horrendous year.

Tinksx, KatieLH, lello2 and 16 others like this.
  5. TLobo

TLobo Well-Known Member

I think this makes sense. I was also wondering, while the thread was closed, if maybe WC was setting the stage to leave the country or otherwise disappear himself. Making it seem like he would be extending his leave due to stress, but actually fleeing to somewhere unknown in an effort to hide because he assumed they were on to him, or would soon be on to him. All speculation.

6. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

The police have cctv evidence ,so will know what he was wearing.

7. Stella123

Stella123 Well-Known Member

Hello :).

1. The photo is an old one I think from previous employment before the Met.
    2. I think the camera footage is only about 3 minutes between each shot so he got her into the car fairly quickly and it's been suggested from court reports that she was forced.
    3. Good point! If he finished at 7am but his wife wasn't expecting him till evening, he had all day to get to Dover, hire a car and get back to London.
    4. Personally I don't think there was any guilt. Fear of being caught more like and a reason to not go back to work.

All supposition and JMO.

8. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Due to Covid it is not easy to flee the country at the moment.

9. Nancywho

Nancywho Active Member

Exactly - no one was there to cause trouble, people were there to share collective grief and show solidarity for SE. IMO the police aggravated the situation with no need to do so, and especially given the context of it all I'm horrified to see the images of them using force.

10. ShayshayH

ShayshayH Member

Penalties for assisting offenders.

(1)Where a person has committed [F1a relevant offence], any other person who, knowing or believing him to be guilty of the offence or of some [F2other relevant offence], does without lawful authority or reasonable excuse any act with intent to impede his apprehension or prosecution shall be guilty of an offence.

Criminal Law Act 1967

EC must have known/been reasonable to have known that WC had offended. Thinking he was at work and covering for him that way would not be an offence on her part

11. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

Awful question Urbanfoxi. Can we ask Angleterre?

12. Stella123

Yes that's it :)

Tinksx and MsBetsy like this.
  13. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

He could well have stopped to tell her there was an armed suspect on the street or a dangerous person or some excuse like that and advised her to sit in..

Scorpiette, obsessed21 and MsBetsy like this.
  14. LolaPasha

LolaPasha New Member

@Stella123 thankyou for the info! I didn't know the court said that she was forced. It's just awful to think that if she was clearly forced, that this was missed by the people in the transport that passed them

musicaljoke, MsBetsy and Nancywho like this.
  15. Whitehall 1212

Whitehall 1212 Verified Law Enforcement and SAR (UK)

Assisting an Offender - Criminal Law Act 1967

Where a person has committed an arrestable offence, any other person who, knowing or believing him to be guilty of the offence or of some other arrestable offence, does without lawful authority or reasonable excuse any act with intent to impede his apprehension or prosecution shall be guilty of an offence.

There are many acts that may amount to assisting an offender.

An alibi, if suspected to be false, could result in an arrest on suspicion of assisting an offender, but I repeat, so could many other actions.

16. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

The not handling the guns request could be because he then hoped he would get a desk job in the Met so he then could hear feedback about the investigation or become part of it himself.
    Or he visited a doctor for stess/anxiety and they told him he should not be handling guns due to his current illness and either he should inform them or the medical practice would.

What ever it was he had a motive for doing so.

Destiny7, Catsarse, Zazie and 11 others like this.
  17. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Women are angry. Everybody is angry.
    But a vigil for Sarah should , at the very least have taken Sarah, the victim and her wishes into consideration.
    This is not what Sarah would have wanted

Anything less is a desecration.
    Collective gatherings during covid with so many variants and so many victims disrespects all and sundry.

How do you imagine her family feels? Comforted? Reassured? After the scenes, the scenes that arise during almost every protest during covid times...

Kasmeer, Jowen, Lolalolalola and 14 others like this.
  18. Stella123

Except it had been cancelled after a court case so was not legal. Under Covid legislation which the Police have to uphold. The original organisers cancelled the event as a result and suggested people lighting a candle at home instead. It was awful seeing demonstrators having to be removed and it is what happens when Police have to deal with large crowds when they feel it is unsafe and it's not legal. There would not have needed to be a Police presence in that way if we were not in the middle of a pandemic. I think it's a difficult emotive situation but neither was it pleasant for Police who have not murdered anyone, to have abuse hurled at them.

There are still people dying of Covid as well which is why crowds are illegal at present. The Police were doing their job to protect life!

"
    Organisers of a vigil planned for Sarah Everard in south London are still hopeful it can take place, despite effectively losing a High Court challenge against a ban on the event.

But the Metropolitan Police urged people to find a "lawful and safer way" to express views on women's safety."

Sarah Everard vigil organisers lose court challenge

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  19. LolaPasha

LolaPasha New Member

Yes the buscams will answer this.

Gibbo214 likes this.
  20. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.