Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not have known how widespread her appeal would have reached, there are many cases of missing women who get little to no media attention.

This was always going to be big news as apart from the Royals nothing is going on because we are all in lockdown.

You only have to see her images and she looks so young and innocent and this was always going to be huge. Nobody just vanishes in SE London without a trace and it not be a major story.

ETA - when I see her photo I’m always amazed she is 33 as she looks way younger. She just seems like the girl next door that everybody would get along with.

IMO

His request to be removed as a firearms certified officer is so very peculiar.

As postulated several pages back, he could be expressing a fear of suicide, but that wouldn't prevent him from having firearms at his home, would it?

It could also be a warped sense of remorse for her murder, especially if he used a firearm, and LE has not yet found it.

There could be evidence of use of a firearm: blood spatter, powder flashback on his clothing.

owning a private weapon would be highly unusual

This was always going to be big news as apart from the Royals nothing is going on because we are all in lockdown.

You only have to see her images and she looks so young and innocent and this was always going to be huge. Nobody just vanished in SE London without a trace.

IMO

I disagree, I believe she only reached the coverage she did because of the sheer determination of her friends. Women, and young girls disappear frequently, and never reach this level of exposure. Leah Croucher for example disappeared off the streets in broad daylight on her way to work, yet many have never heard her name.

These were my thoughts on it....

Re. 3 Door or 5 Door Vauxhaul Astra/Hire Car

Taken a little look at the car rental places in Dover to see whether any are any offering 3 door Vauxhall Astra's. Can't find any that list it as an option. Mostly their "compact" models tend to be Vauxhall Corsas or Fiats. Seems to suggest it's more likely to be a 5 door but of course not definitive. (Before this I did like @Parmalade 3 door speculation as it seemed a good possible explanation for both front doors being open)

Interestingly when I went to do a search on "Yellohire.com" the location of 'Ashford (Kent)' came up automatically in Vehicle Pick-Up/Drop-Off location. Perhaps it's just caused by lots of people like me doing the same thing...

If it was this place he used. The hire car could have been picked up from Dover and dropped of at the Ashford branch. The 'Yellohire' company is also significantly cheaper than the other more well known Enterprise/Europcar/Hertz.

Other than 'Yellohire' it looks like 'Enterprise' is the only other company that has a branch in both Ashford and Dover.

Cheap Car Rental & Nationwide Car Hire only at Yellohire

All speculation and MOO

I liked the 3 door theory too. That made a lot of sense to me. But I noticed the exact same thing as you when searching ... economy / compact models tended to be small fiats and Corsa’s and then the intermediates are 5 door. I couldn’t bring up search results on Enterprise this morning because their site was down. But I might take another look. Yellohire is interesting ... I’ll have a look at that too.

It all seems very full on and high profile, a notch up from your common or garden murder. I feel really unsettled about whatever's coming next...

I get the impression that WC being a serving police officer, and the massive interest in this case they would want to ensure they have literally every scrap of evidence they can find to secure a conviction. They will not want this to fail at jury trial on technicalities or some sort of “circumstancial” defence where he has an answer for everything.

The more they can nail in terms of a link between him and her the better. Especially if they find items clearly “hidden”. He hasn’t submitted a plea yet - so the more evidence they have to shut down alternative defences the better “she flagged me down, she was in my car but I dropped her further up the road, I haven’t seen her since”, “ I went to Great Chart because I wanted a walk”, “I am the unluckiest man that her body was found there because when I last saw her she got out of my car alive and well”. If he can’t be physically linked to her actual body, then the more circumstantial evidence the better (ie if more of her possessions eg phone are found in places that he also visited then the defences above also fall apart).

I think the Met just don’t want to take a single chance.

I mean, they normally wouldn’t anyway when it comes to murder but I cannot imagine what would happen to whole institution if, for some reason, they mess this up - either because he is the wrong guy or, worse, that the evidence they gather is somehow inconclusive or the investigation isn’t carried out properly and he gets off somehow. I think they need to find her phone/clothes and they either need to be linked to him physically some way, or if found in another location they can link to him then this shows calculation/thinking straight in terms of trying to cover his actions - ie not mentally deficient in some way either.

I disagree, I believe she only reached the coverage she did because of the sheer determination of her friends. Women, and young girls disappear frequently, and never reach this level of exposure. Leah Croucher for example disappeared off the streets in broad daylight on her way to work, yet many have never heard her name.
I thought the same. When I first saw posts circulating about her disappearance I thought it was odd as people go missing all the time, especially in London. Even lost children can get no media coverage. If it wasn’t for her friends connections would he have even been arrested by now?
Lots of stories on TV show families desperate for help but the police won’t do anything because they are adults and have the right to disappear, as odd as it sounds, if there’s no obviously suspicious circumstances.

Wondered about that too - my only thought was maybe they want to focus on the kidnap and murder and not have that "watered down" by the other offence? JMO

I just found it interesting they didn't move forward with it given they linked it back to him during the same investigation.

Could be:
  • They have a number plate and description from the IE offence but no clear face identification on CCTV?
  • Or like you say, they're happy with the evidence that they have is enough for the current charges which would be enough for a life sentence if found guilty
  • They could of course add charges at a later date.
We shall see.

Sadly I agree and, IMO, suspect that’s why the Met have referred themselves to the IOPC.

His request to be removed as a firearms certified officer is so very peculiar.

As postulated several pages back, he could be expressing a fear of suicide, but that wouldn't prevent him from having firearms at his home, would it?

It could also be a warped sense of remorse for her murder, especially if he used a firearm, and LE has not yet found it.

There could be evidence of use of a firearm: blood spatter, powder flashback on his clothing.

Evidence on his clothing of all kinds of things, must be very likely - good point. IMO. My thoughts on the timeline of his communications over the firearms were - as per another poster's thoughts - these were communications related to him reacting to what was going on in the media. Eg

3rd March pm - kidnap
5th March - a lot of media about SE being missing - he contacts to say he is suffering from stress.
6th March - a lot more media and people searching locations of the kidnap - he emails saying he no longer wants to use firearms. (All in the non discussion timeline thread).

Basically - I wouldn't personally read anything into it other than panic and reacting to the fact it has become very big publically and he feels scared of being caught. ie excuses not to go back to work or to make out he has some mental illness etc. All supposition, MOO.

UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common, 3 March 2021 MEDIA THREAD *NO DISCUSSION*

I hope I’m allowed to write this, but I really hope Sarah didn’t suffer too much and I hope she wasn’t feeling utterly terrified just before she died. I can’t bear to think about it. It’s making me so upset. We are very similar in age and looks, I feel so shaken up by it all.

I completely disagree as the story sells itself. But changing the subject.

The one thing I do feel bad for is her family and her funeral as we have a rule of 30 at a funeral so the amount of friends and family who won’t be able to say goodbye is really sad. I’m guessing they will do their own thing but its still not the same as being at the funeral.

It’s bad enough your daughter is murdered but then you have to plan around COVID rules as well.

WC and EC were both arrested on suspicion on Tuesday evening - 9 March. I understood that WC was not working on the date that SE was murdered -- not the date he was arrested.

Reportedly, he was off duty upon the completion of his 12-hour shift ending at 7 AM on 3 March until his scheduled return on 8 March.

MOO

When he was first arrested it was reported he had worked a cover shift 2-8pm the day SE went missing. This is covered a lot in earlier threads when posters were speculating over the routes he would have taken from Battersea etc.

Since the magistrates, this detail has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998