Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tesni, Mar 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianJohnson

BrianJohnson Well-Known Member

Given he was close protection for VIP’s and politicians he would be highly skilled and highly trained in close quarters combat, if someone went for his charge he would be trained to disable them/kill them in a split second with his bare hands

So i dont think he would need a tazer or anything else, putting her in a chokehold from behind would make her unconscious in seconds, then he put her in the car..

Beans1, lello2, ElizaKate and 14 others like this.

2. LeopardLeotard

LeopardLeotard Well-Known Member

Sorry didn't mean to capitalise my but (lol), it holds no importance x

3. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

But actually maybe the door was opened by the perp just prior to the moment he took Sarah. Maybe he did knock her out. I don't buy into her being handcuffed. Not to be out in the front. The boot would make more sense.

This is why people think she knew him, she was duped etc - the reality of a woman being forciby taken from a busy road by a stranger is too much.

Personally after the tweet from the journo at court this morning l'm preparing for the worst.

lello2, Bethan, Al Ka and 18 others like this.
  4. Lottiedealite

Lottiedealite Active Member

I'm fairly confident Dover hasn't got one but he would have had to have brought anything pre lockdown and shops shutting which for us in tier 4 was before Xmas? I don't know I haven't been to a shop for ages.

Mrs Marple and LeopardLeotard like this.
  5. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

Then how would that link into Sarah? She was just walking home, hadn't hired any taxi or intended any as far as we know.

Mo Thuairim, Low1, MancGuy Uk and 3 others like this.
  6. Parmalade

Parmalade Well-Known Member

There’s a suggestion now that it’s 3 mins between the two bus sightings according to this article below.

Taking the order of the original reporting (but not confirmed):

9:35pm Bus 1 catches hired Astra with hazards on

9:38pm Bus 2 catches hired Astra with both front doors open (not clear if hazards are still on)

HOWEVER, the original reports of the 2x bus footage didn’t mention they contained SE in them (one allegedly contained two, but unnamed, figures). This article reports Sarah herself was caught by two bus cameras 3 mins apart and makes no mention of the Astra. So not clear if these are the same two buses, or there are 4x sets of bus footage in evidence (2 of Sarah; 2 of the Astra). Anyway, here you go:

Sarah Everard accused's wife 'living in fear of trolls' as he appears in court

7. Call_me_web_sloth

Call_me_web_sloth Well-Known Member

Is it confirmed that the hire car was a white astra or is that speculation due to CCTV?

In my mind I have another theory. Every Londoner knows that Uber drivers tend to drive Prius'. This knowledge is so ingrained that most people assume any Prius parked up on the side of the road is probably an Uber.

Might be reaching a little but I know if I was walking down the road and a Prius pulled up next to me I may assume it was an Uber stopping to collect or drop someone off rather than a dodgy car.

Purplepixii likes this.
  8. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

Yes, horrible reality is that she wasn't 'duped'.

9. infinit

infinit On Time Out

Perhaps he didn't expect quite the level of intensity that her disappearence was going to bring and he was having a bit of a breakdown from the stress?

Beans1, LuluR38, Mrs Marple and 7 others like this.
  10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think the difference is that in this case they do have proof. The way I understand the kidnapping charge is that the abduction element does not necessarily have to be done by means of force. The actor may use a weapon or threats to harm, but it is still kidnapping if the victim is coerced into the vehicle willingly. Imo

Tinksx, SveJeMoguce, Seattle1 and 4 others like this.
  11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

There is also the situation of insane at time of crime and too insane to understand court proceedings.
    He attempted to cover the crime of murder by hiding a body, allegedly.
    Self preservation.
    His subsequent actions all appear to be about self preservation too.

12. Cannycat

Cannycat Well-Known Member

CCTV is hardly speculation, it’s solid evidence

13. davidattenborough

davidattenborough Well-Known Member

There's no evidence it was a Prius, in fact there's pretty rock solid evidence that it wasn't - the court today confirmed it was a white Astra.

14. cuecard

cuecard Well-Known Member

I've seen a few comments that WC may try and go the insanity route, or that he was insane at the time of what he was doing. That's very difficult to establish and also very complex. In theory, every defendant is presumed sane unless the contrary is proven.

To even have the consideration of insanity, it has to be established that at the time of the offence the defendant was suffering from:

1) A defect of reason - Things like forgetfulness or absent mindedness, or anything of that ilk don't apply.

2) The defect of reason is caused by a disease of the mind - Basically any disease which affects the normal mental functioning of the mind.

3) The defect of reason must be that the defendant doesn't know what they have done or, if they do know, they didn't know the act was wrong - If the defendant knows what they did was breaking the law then no finding of insanity can be made even if they don't believe the act they committed was wrong.

Insanity is very unique in legal proceedings and I don't think for one minute that will happen in this case. Of course, stranger things have definitely happened but I would be very surprised. Most defendants tend to seek alternative defences such as diminished responsibility and non-insane automatism.

15. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

It mentions the white Astra in this article

Met officer remanded in custody over Sarah Everard death after court appearance

MsBetsy, Skigh, Alyce and 1 other person like this.
  16. Whitehall 1212

Whitehall 1212 Verified Law Enforcement and SAR (UK)

If an arrested person is handcuffed a police officer needs to justify it in their pocket note book and in some forces a 'use of force' form, to show that such a use of force was reasonable in the circumstances. That an arrested person was brought to the police station in handcuffs will also be recorded on the custody record.

The same applies if a person is handcuffed when stop and search powers are used, but the individual is not under arrest.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Qadyn, Nellie Nelson, Kaykedi and 8 others like this.
  17. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

Not an official taser; why do you think would he be taking something like than home from work? Weapons would be signed in at the end of a shift and checks would be carried out. It's only the PSNI that can carry firearms both on- and off-duty.

SpursGyal, Bethan and MancGuy Uk like this.
  18. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

But if the police had stood back and done nothing at Clapham Common, it gives a green light for other groups to get together and break lockdown rules. Why are there also photos of the police holding their hands up to stop people approaching them, and film of people breaking social distancing? What about the footage of the van mirror being smashed? The people at this so-called vigil turned protest aren't above the law.

19. Piehead

Piehead Active Member

He wasn't "close protection for VIPs" - that is a separate part of the command he worked at - he was responsible for mobile and static guarding of locations such as embassies and parliament.

Mo Thuairim, bos, angelainwi and 7 others like this.
  20. opalsqueak63

opalsqueak63 Well-Known Member

I agree with all of that. I also think he will succeed in killing himself.

solar, ScotAng, LucyRocket and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.