Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was supposed to be a vigil for Sarah and some people turned it into a protest. Calling police names and attacking them in order to serve their own agenda took the focus away from her memorial.

I don't think anyone has an agenda, women are angry that we're clearly not safe and that the vast majority of that danger comes from men, and such a lot of sexual harassment is completely ignored by society and the police. I think the vigil for Sarah was a really beautiful idea, and I feel as well as honouring Sarah, it also represented women coming together with this outpouring of emotion her murder has brought to light. She was killed because violence towards women is a horrible issue, and that issue affects all of us - I don't think the two things can really be separated.

I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a political agenda to be angry that a police officer has brutally murdered someone, and to be angry that so many men hurt and harass women. Labelling that as political feels to me like yet another way of minimising the issue and invalidating women's experiences.

It's sad it did get heated, but I think that speaks to how much collective grief and fear and outrage people are feeling, for Sarah and for the very reason why she died.

Last edited:
This might be a very stupid question from a non British person. I get that Dover reasonably close to all the locations but would there be any significant in that as a rental location, are some of the companies operating here less "high tech" or security conscious

It's probably mainly location but also well known to the alleged perpetrator.

I thought it was just to state his name, DOB and address and to read out the charges? I didn't think they went in to any details. Clearly I was wrong!

Yes, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread. The details in any murder case might be described as scary or horrifying, so I'm not sure what they were trying to say.

My understanding is that at this stage the court only hears the charge and the accused confirms name, DOB, address. So I don't believe details are disclosed? Unless the prosecution have to state their reasons for not allowing bail? They might then give a few details maybe

Does anyone know why the police would opt to have the body identified by dental records and not by a family member? Sorry if that sounds crass but would a reason be that the body is in too distressing a sight to see (I don’t want to give example but hopefully you know what I’m getting at) vs totally unrecognisable due to decomposition or burning?

I don't think anyone has an agenda, women are angry that we're clearly not safe and that the vast majority of that danger comes from men, and such a lot of sexual harassment is completely ignored by society and the police. I think the vigil for Sarah was a really beautiful idea, and I feel as well as honouring Sarah, it also represented women coming together with this outpouring of emotion her murder has brought to light. She was killed because violence towards women is a horrible issue, and that issue affects all of us - I don't think the two things can really be separated. I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a political agenda to be angry that a police officer has brutally murdered someone, and to be angry that so many men hurt and harass women. Labelling that as political feels to me like yet another way of minimising the issue and invalidating women's experiences.

Maybe not so much that it's political but we're in the middle of a pandemic and the original organisation that called for the vigil then called it off after it was announced it would be illegal.
I actually feel sorry for the Police who are doing their job of upholding the law and keeping the peace and having to deal with an illegal mass crowd during a pandemic and also the distress about the case, while having abuse hurled at them - they did not commit the crime themselves.

I think it's turned out a bit of a mess. And unpleasant to see women being restrained by men after the emotive kidnap and murder. But there were plenty of people not going out to demonstrate (and a vigil isn't the same as a demonstration) by lighting a candle at home or doing an online event.

I think it's very sad that the vigil has led to more hatred and violence. People who attended seemed to feel strongly about being there - but if it hadn't been announced in the first place (during a pandemic when crowds are not permitted) it might not have turned out like this.

My understanding is that at this stage the court only hears the charge and the accused confirms name, DOB, address. So I don't believe details are disclosed? Unless the prosecution have to state their reasons for not allowing bail? They might then give a few details maybe

Also my understanding. The hearing was a formality confirming that the Crown Court will have jurisdiction, would not expect any particular details about the crimes to emerge at this stage.

It is essentially impossible to get bail for these sorts of charges in this country so no real details would be needed to deny it.

On that basis, I am not really sure about the idea some particular, perhaps unpleasant information came out in court that is not being reported for some reason, there may be some confusion re what people heard happened in court.

I can't imagine that many details would have been disclosed either, but I guess they were referring to the ones that were, such as the video evidence and the charges. I don't know what else about it would have been scary. Maybe the fact that the defendant is a police officer? Imo

Many details for a timeline here...

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

13 March 2021

Ms Everard was caught alone on CCTV at quarter past nine, caught again on a camera at 9.28pm, and later caught on the camera of a marked police car at 9.32pm.

At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open.

[..]

The registration of the vehicle – later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover – was captured and tracked by police as it left London towards Kent.

[..]

She was on the camera of a marked police car at 9:35 and 3 minutes later his car was spotted by a bus, stopped, with hazard lights on and 2 individuals present.

So was he brazen enough to try to abduct her in the vicinity of a marked police car by pulling over and putting on the hazard lights? There was a signifcant risk that the marked car could have slowed or stopped to see what was happening. !!!

And there is no specific about the time interval between the two bus sightings: The first with the two individuals present ( assuming SE and WC) and the second now with both front and driver's doors open.

This might be a very stupid question from a non British person. I get that Dover reasonably close to all the locations but would there be any significant in that as a rental location, are some of the companies operating here less "high tech" or security conscious

Dover is one of our main passenger ports from France / mainland Europe, with regular ferries across the Channel (in non-Covid times!) It might well have a few car rental companies for tourists to collect on arrival. Maybe? Years since I’ve been but that was my first thought.

But did the Police find the hire car?

Good question.

The report, above says it was hired in Dover, which would be about 6 miles from his home. I would assume he was planning on returning it there, so he already had some sort of plan worked out.

My guess is that he planned to take her back to the old garage in Deal and maybe return the car with the Ducati so he could drive Ducati back.

So how did he get to the hire car place? Did his wife drive him there?

Just My Opinions.

Does anyone know why the police would opt to have the body identified by dental records and not by a family member? Sorry if that sounds crass but would a reason be that the body is in too distressing a sight to see (I don’t want to give example but hopefully you know what I’m getting at) vs totally unrecognisable due to decomposition or burning?

Think it was mentioned before that it could be because a usual identification could be too distressing to the family and a dental records identification would be easier in that sense. But could be other reasons - not known really. MOO

I don't think anyone has an agenda, women are angry that we're clearly not safe and that the vast majority of that danger comes from men, and such a lot of sexual harassment is completely ignored by society and the police. I think the vigil for Sarah was a really beautiful idea, and I feel as well as honouring Sarah, it also represented women coming together with this outpouring of emotion her murder has brought to light. She was killed because violence towards women is a horrible issue, and that issue affects all of us - I don't think the two things can really be separated.

I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a political agenda to be angry that a police officer has brutally murdered someone, and to be angry that so many men hurt and harass women. Labelling that as political feels to me like yet another way of minimising the issue and invalidating women's experiences.

It's sad it did get heated, but I think that speaks to how much collective grief and fear and outrage people are feeling, for Sarah and for the very reason why she died.
I very much agree. I posted something like this although not as clearly stated before the thread was shut down but it did not post.

This is not what Sarah would have wanted

She was on the camera of a marked police car at 9:35 and 3 minutes later his car was spotted by a bus, stopped, with hazard lights on and 2 individuals present.

So was he brazen enough to try to abduct her in the vicinity of a marked police car by pulling over and putting on the hazard lights? There was a signifcant risk that the marked car could have slowed or stopped to see what was happening. !!!

And there is no specific about the time interval between the two bus sightings: The first with the two individuals present ( assuming SE and WC) and the second now with both front and driver's doors open.

Isn’t it:

9:32 Sarah seen on police dashcam
9:35 Car plus 2 people seen on buscam1
9:38 Car with both doors open, buscam2

Therefore the police car went past first, shortly followed by WC. I think? It’s late, but that’s my sleepy take on it.

Think it was mentioned before that it could be because a usual identification could be too distressing to the family and a dental records identification would be easier in that sense. But could be other reasons - not known really. MOO
The next of kin will only be asked to identify if there are visual identifying features. It seems to me that in this case, there were not.

Good question.

The report, above says it was hired in Dover, which would be about 6 miles from his home. I would assume he was planning on returning it there, so he already had some sort of plan worked out.

My guess is that he planned to take her back to the old garage in Deal and maybe return the car with the Ducati so he could drive Ducati back.

So how did he get to the hire car place? Did his wife drive him there?

Just My Opinions.

Also wondering when it was hired. He could have had it for a week - used it for the alleged flashings as well. It seems hard to believe his wife wouldn't know he'd hired a car - why would he leave both of their two cars at home?

Dover will definitely have several car rental agencies, unlike many other Kent towns, who may have one or two (if that!) and be on reduced hours.
Dover would be ideal place for car rental, possibly with near 24 hour opening, especially with all the ferries and passengers to/from France. Plus, Dover is close to Deal where WC lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10