Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think it's quite possible he accidently ran her over.

He is already in the throes of some kind of mental episode (the time off work, the IEs, the erratic behaviour) and he just panicked. Maybe he'd had a drink or taken drugs or something and knew he'd lose his job if he got done for it. Reacted without thinking - and it escalated from there.

He hits her. Stops. Puts his hazards on. Jumps out. Leaves door open. Goes round to her, maybe sits her in the passenger seat while he checks her out. That door is open too. Then realises what he has done and quite simply, loses the plot. Incapacitates her then drives off with a massive problem.

I'm thinking a Fargo-esq situation unfolds after that.
Yep - I've considered this too and haven't discounted it.

Hi All

First time poster here, please be kind. I've become interested in this case as it is very local to me and obviously tragic. I'm no expert in LE or anything like that, and whilst I have read quite a lot of the very informative posts here, I haven't read everything and my understanding could be some way off events. That said, some thoughts (I've seen that at least one other poster has recently posted a similar theory/hypothesis so I'm not trying to claim that any of this is necessarily original). All speculation/hypothetical obviously.

- as far as I know, WC has a clean criminal record previously or else for minor/spent offences only, given he would have undergone vetting when he entered the police.
- if WC/the perp were some kind of highly methodical individual who had engaged in criminality of this nature/severity on previous occasions and not been caught, one might reasonably expect that he/the perp would not have gone about this (SE) in the manner that he has, which has some signs of being more scattergun/impulsive.
- there seem to be signs that WC has recently been undergoing some type of breakdown/strange behaviour (bereavement at death of father, time off work seemingly beyond that of a normal bereavement even of a parent/close family member, the brazen flashing at McDonalds when he must have know/enjoyed the element of risk or it having been an impulsive/spur of the moment thing).
- he has the hire car for whatever reason, but maybe he thinks that whilst he has it he can do a bit more IE without exposing himself quite as immediately as in his own vehicle. He's driving round London for whatever reason, and on the spur of the moment sees SE walking down a dark and quiet Poynders Rd (I walked a little bit up the road from there the following evening and noticed how quiet the normally busy South Circular was) and thinks he has an opportunity.
- he pulls over, perhaps into the drive/car park, and gets out of his door, and flashes (or whatever) at her. She takes a picture or two, possibly getting him in the act and the car, and says she is going to send it to the police. She goes to carry on walking.
- he panics, realises this will be the end for him, career in police, and almost instinctively thinks that he has to get the phone.
- he grabs her in some fashion whilst still a bit manic/panicked, perhaps drags her to the bin store, and somehow, before he realises what he has even done, she is not breathing anymore.
- he then gets the car near her, panicking, and shoves her into the front seat. Ditches her phone quickly before driving off e.g. maybe down a drain. She would look asleep to any other road user once she is in there. No visible marks or anything, at least from a distance. No or not very much blood/ton clothing or anything on either of them
- he drives off, on autopilot, and leaves London. Instinctively he heads towards home and quickly realises/decides that he can't turn himself in as he has no reasonable excuse and it all means that his career/family life is over.
- he therefore pauses, perhaps stopping somewhere on the way to transfer the body to the boot, and leaves the car/stores the body somewhere whilst he tries to think what to do next.
- coming up with no better alternative (in his mind) he burns the body as well as he can (sorry for gruesome- ness, and I have no idea how hard or not it is to burn a body effectively) and then puts the remains as best he can into a builders bag and dumps it, perhaps thinking that he will move it/bury it at some point in the future if he thinks of a better alternative.
- he then disposes of the various items that he thought it better not to burn, and does this in various bins/rivers/whatever, as he thinks that a single item here and there won't be noticed whereas dumping a number of things together might do.
- he does all of this a bit recklessly because he knows he has to try to get rid of the stuff quickly and in his mind this was all just a terrible 'accident'. He's scared and not able to think things through properly or rationally, perhaps as well as not being the sharpest tool in the box generally.
- he hopes it will all go away and that he might get away with it having done his best, and then the night there is the knock at the door and he walks out calmly, knowing that he's done for.
- he gives some version of this story to the police/an 'it was an accident and then I panicked' line, and then when he realises the police can place him at various places he begins to slowly give them certain pieces of information about where the stuff has been ditched.
- he knows he is finished, and will now be trying to think how he can best try to engineer a situation where things look least bad for him (plead not guilty to murder and say he will accept manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility or something along those lines).

- in saying all of this, what I have in mind is that it would seem unusual for someone at 48, a family man (for whatever thats worth) to have the idea/possess such evil that he was going to kidnap and then take them somewhere to assault and kill them (i.e. the most dreaded scenario), and then to think that the best place to 'source' the victim would be one of the busiest roads in London, and then drive 70 odd miles. IN his mind the IE is probably just a 'bit of fun' sort of thing. I also have in mind that it doesn't seem as though the police have spent any significant time at a separate murder scene, which would presumably be an area of intense focus for them. So maybe SE had died very suddenly/early on, and perhaps he did a transfer of the body between cars at home at some point, so as well as searching the house very thoroughly they might be able to see if her DNA is there, asking neighbours if they saw anything etc.

All speculation and without any insight/experience, but interested in the views of others as to whether this might be viable.

Separately, can we rule out that he ran her over accidentally (she stepped into the road with headphones on and he had no chance to stop, perhaps even there was an element of drink or drugs involved)? And then he panics as above?

I think this is all very plausible....except, they managed to charge him with kidnap. This implies that there was sufficient evidence to convince the CPS that she was alive when they left.

I used to drive that road - Poynders - 3/4 times a week as I lived on Abberville and went to they gym in Streatham. If he pretended to be broken down to lure that poor girl people would def notice as they drove down - its always a busy road - even in lockdown and anything that stops the flow of traffic would be noticed so I am sure at least one person would have come forward by now to say that had seen the car broken down. x
also the broken down story doesn't really fit as how would he drive off/offer SE a lift home if the car was "broken down"

Indecent exposure on purpose and then running over and kidnapping not on purpose? I think the Indecent exposure indicates his motivations IMO.

I actually love Fargo but this situation is real life.

Unfortunately, as we have learnt from many, many women's reported experiences over the last few days, IE is not as rare as we may consider it. It happens way more often than it may be presumed - but I would hazard that the vast majority of those men do not progress to murdering women on busy London streets.

I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that he 'had a little secret' and an unrelated 'innocent' event has happened and at the thought of exposure he has lost it and things have spiralled out of control.

I do think it's quite possible he accidently ran her over.

He is already in the throes of some kind of mental episode (the time off work, the IEs, the erratic behaviour) and he just panicked. Maybe he'd had a drink or taken drugs or something and knew he'd lose his job if he got done for it. Reacted without thinking - and it escalated from there.

He hits her. Stops. Puts his hazards on. Jumps out. Leaves door open. Goes round to her, maybe sits her in the passenger seat while he checks her out. That door is open too. Then realises what he has done and quite simply, loses the plot. Incapacitates her then drives off with a massive problem.

I'm thinking a Fargo-esq situation unfolds after that.

BBM
Very plausible theory. Maybe he had been parked next to Poynders Court as suggested and was just pulling out to drive off as SE walked past.

I think the idea that he ran her over, either by accident (absolutely not) or on purpose is a little far fetched. The fact that she was able to have been kidnapped on such a busy road itself is hard to understand, I certainly don’t see a woman being run over at 9.30pm going unnoticed.

Yes- I read also that the accused was mobile around Britain guarding various nuclear installations until he failed a fitness test and was required to be static at Dungeoness. The media sources were on these threads several times. It means travelled around the country.

Well, the Met has a lot of work ahead of them then. He's willing to hunt near work, and hide a body within 45 minutes of where he calls "home". That's a lot of area, and a ton of open cases.

Last edited:
The item of clothing look v similar to her leggings, as well as accounting for the pattern not being stretched. However, surely they would be put straight in an evidence bag and not thrown on the floor?

After reading about a couple more Police faux pas just now, wouldn't surprise me! Surely any clothing would need to be looked at to see if it's relevant to the case - after all what were they searching for? Maybe the phone and didn't realise clothing was important. Ie "look for the phone" so didn't think anything else was needed.

The item of clothing look v similar to her leggings, as well as accounting for the pattern not being stretched. However, surely they would be put straight in an evidence bag and not thrown on the floor?

WHAT items of clothing? Is there a MSM source, or perhaps we shouldn't be discussing?

I think the idea that he ran her over, either by accident (absolutely not) or on purpose is a little far fetched. The fact that she was able to have been kidnapped on such a busy road itself is hard to understand, I certainly don’t see a woman being run over at 9.30pm going unnoticed.
Indeed. Also the alleged IE incident days earlier makes it too much of a coincidence for me.

Unfortunately, as we have learnt from many, many women's reported experiences over the last few days, IE is not as rare as we may consider it. It happens way more often than it may be presumed - but I would hazard that the vast majority of those men do not progress to murdering women on busy London streets.

I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that he 'had a little secret' and an unrelated 'innocent' event has happened and at the thought of exposure he has lost it and things have spiralled out of control.

I'll have to respectfully say I think it's far fetched that he flashes days before (intentionally and twice) and then accidentally runs over a young lone female and gets her in his car after panicking. Occam's razor and all that, a sexually deviant mindset is apparent and then a sexually motivated crime followed.

I don't for one second think men like this do these things by accident. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni