Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding how she was kidnapped:

MSM reporting of the charge sheet says she was ‘kidnapped by force’. My own reading of the crime of kidnap is that it is ‘kidnap (by force or fraud)’ - it’s not two different crimes. So it’s possible that “kidnap by force’ is just slightly sloppy reporting of the charge sheet, I think.

Even if the charge sheet does read ‘kidnap by force’, it doesn’t mean she was necessarily forcibly abducted from the street. Kidnap by force can occur during what started as a ‘normal’ car journey if the driver prevents the passenger getting out - you don’t have to have been kidnapped *into* a vehicle.

We don’t know from what has been revealed from the buscams whether there is any evidence of force. There has been MSM reporting of police sources speculating that the accused may have used warrant card / covid laws to stop her, but this likely impossible for anyone to know unless the accused has revealed this.

My only other thought about what the evidence may have revealed that we don’t know is whether the evidence we know about would have been sufficient for an arrest on suspicion of kidnap. Would it be enough that SE was seen near a vehicle and then never have arrived at her home to accuse the driver of that vehicle of kidnap?

It could also be both. Just going from the tiny bit of information. 2 people standing talking on the street, someone mentioned there were 2 doors open as perhaps he asked her to sit there whilst he took her details.

Victim either refuses ride home or becomes suspicious and tries to get out, at that point it becomes forceful

They spent a lot of time checking those railings

Just want to point out something that whoever put SE at the Great Chart location may have thought they were being terribly clever picking such an out of the way, remote, disused location. However if you look carefully at the google aerial map of the site, and then Street view from the main entrance and also back to the main site from a clearer part of Bear’s Lane on the other side of the railway line - it looks like there is a phone mast, right there on the site! (It is also visible in some of the video footage of the search).

This could be what led LE to this very specific site so fast, from a “pinging” off masts perspective it is right on the site (closer even than the Clarence Avenue phone mast ping reportedly that SE’s phone pinged. Pretty sure the masts that caught her last location are the ones on top of the pentagonal high rise buildings on the NE of Clarence Avenue. They stand out massively in the local area and you can see the masts quite clearly (I live about 5 mins walk away and even in densely resi area I can see them from our roof windows). JMO

But I do wonder if the accused thought derelict/dark out to the way/remote was a good idea. But failed to appreciate the phone mast RIGHT THERE (says to me all location tracking was via the accused’s phone, although sat nav would be easier. But I reckon if a hire car was used it was probably a local company which is cheaper but maybe without satnav as standard. It’s not always fitted to older hire cars, and these cars wouldn’t have a tracker either) if they come from a local company rather than a large commercial operator.

With the accused being a mechanic in previous years, would it have been possible to disable this internal car tracker for the period while the abduction took place?

With the latest developments near the river I just have a horrible feeling this is a dismemberment and thats why it was a struggle to identify her. I suspect her body was too bad for a family member to formally identify.

They took away a large tool storage box in the garage when they loaded the bike into the trailer - this was when I first assumed this might be a possibility.

It's a gruesome thought but storing the parts in the builders sack / part way through the job and the crime scene on the river is because something had been discovered traveling down the river. Its a long way to travel down the river but currently spring is waking up and most vegetation that would usually restrict a river hasnt grown yet - most waters are quite high due to excess rain we have had - this would mean something could easily travel.

EW could of been complicit in this from cleaning clothing - he had told her a story about something and she had willingly cleaned the clothing. This might explain why there is such a presence from forensics at the house.

There was a delay with the buses cctv/dashcams I believe.. i have seen it reported somewhere. As the depot is closed at weekends they had to wait until Monday 8th.. which explains why everything moved so fast after that time. .. if someone can find that report I'd be grateful

Middle of this article from The Times (behind a paywall - not necessarily 100% accurate but likely more so than the Daily Mail which has tended to be a lot more sensationalist and has sometimes printed things that are more eye-witness/speculation rather than fact from the primary source - in this case the police.)

Policeman appears in court charged with kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard | News | The Times

Hi all, long time stalker first time poster here. I’ve been dipping in and out of here so I may have missed this already but...

In response to audiohoney in thread#11 (pg49) I believe there is a white Vauxhall Astra parked under cover to the left hand side of the parking area of the rental company lot. It would help if someone could also study and confirm following the google maps link at the bottom. I’ve included a side angle of a Vauxhall Astra to help.

some incredible sleuthing from audiohoney if so

“I keep being drawn back to the car hire situation. I appreciate it’s not really achieving anything to speculate where he hired from, I guess I’m just wondering why he hired a car.

Bear with me here!

Because he hired it in Dover part of me wonders if he’s able to sort of ‘borrow’ a car on a more informal basis from ex work contacts.

Now, I know Europcar / Hertz / Enterprise are a definite NO there. Too big. Too national. But this interests me ...

“During the 70s, BCB evolved again and expanded into vehicle body repairs from Kenning Car Hire Dover and then the Canterbury and Gillingham depots. It also became an MOT testing station until May 2015.” snipped from the KentOnline article about his dads garage closing down. (SOURCE: End of road as garage doors close for last time)

So I did some digging into ‘Kenning Car Hire’. It no longer exists, but the address came up (SOURCE: Screenshot from here https://dover.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/kenning-car---van-rental-18784121.html)

Then I took a look at GoogleMaps to see what’s in its place. And what do you know .. a new car hire place called CMW. SOURCE: screenshotted on google maps

I’m no expert on car makes and models, but would any of our vehicle experts care to take a look at the forecourt and confirm whether one of these cars fits the description of white Vauxhall Astra? Google Maps

Thanks @DKnight for highlighting. Others have said CMW is no longer there and replaced by Raymars Car Wash. So perhaps I was getting carried away :)

On my google maps it shows the two side by side and my street view is dated 2021 showing CMW, but others are seeing Raymars Car Wash which was incorporated in July 2020.

The last review of CMW on google reviews is from over a year ago, so perhaps it closed last year.

I was convinced I was on to something!! And thought it might explain how he’d avoided giving personal information to one of the big car rental firms.

IMAGE SOURCES: google maps

Attachments

• 94DD86E9-DFF5-48CE-9633-5CF627C0AC81.jpeg
    94DD86E9-DFF5-48CE-9633-5CF627C0AC81.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 67
  • C8F05D1C-2167-4847-A2EA-CCC839E9F70C.jpeg
    C8F05D1C-2167-4847-A2EA-CCC839E9F70C.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 82
Thanks @DKnight for highlighting. Others have said CMW is no longer there and replaced by Raymars Car Wash. So perhaps I was getting carried away :)

On my google maps it shows the two side by side and my street view is dated 2021 showing CMW, but others are seeing Raymars Car Wash which was incorporated in July 2020.

The last review of CMW on google reviews is from over a year ago, so perhaps it closed last year.

I was convinced I was on to something!! And thought it might explain how he’d avoided giving personal information to one of the big car rental firms.

IMAGE SOURCES: google maps

That's just the year for copyright :)

it's likely that it's not been updated on Google yet.

I think that arresting a spouse and separating them immediately - while also taking children out of the house could be a strategic move on LE ‘s part. They could rule out the spouse as an accomplice while also bluffing that they were going to charge the spouse to get the accused to talk. Personally, I am not British and being deported without my British children is a major fear for most of us that aren’t dual citizens. It’s drilled into us that any arrest or conviction will lead to us being deported. Just MY opinion though.

No. All we know is:

9:32 Police car sees Sarah alone
9:35 Bus 1- the car and two people were seen
9:38 Bus 2 - car seen with both doors open

The police must feel they have a very good idea of what happened from the images.

The reports say that the first footage captures 2 figures on the road and the car with the hazards on. The next footage shows the car with the two front doors open >2 mins later. Can we infer from that that the doors weren't open in the initial footage?

That seems to rule out a swift abduction. A coercion/arrest theory would fit with this. He stops the car, gets out and shuts the door, presents himself as an officer, they spend some time speaking, he then asks her to get into the car to take her details, both doors are open to try and make her feel at ease and then (potentially) when there is a low point in the traffic (after the 2nd bus footage) he pounces and shuts her in.

On the night of the arrest the police did that thorough search of Poynders Court and Rodenhurst corner as if they felt something had happened in there rather than just on the road. Perhaps he parked in there once she was in the car?

I'm struggling to see another scenario where both car doors would be open, if he was moving her body into the car then you'd think just the passenger's side would be open. If she opened the door to flee and he followed then wouldn't the most likely way to be right up/into the path of another car rather than off the side?

All JMO, the footage should be able to draw a good picture (interesting if she features in the footage with the car doors open or it doesn't pick anyone up either on the road or in the car)

I think that arresting a spouse and separating them immediately - while also taking children out of the house could be a strategic move on LE ‘s part. They could rule out the spouse as an accomplice while also bluffing that they were going to charge the spouse to get the accused to talk. Personally, I am not British and being deported without my British children is a major fear for most of us that aren’t dual citizens. It’s drilled into us that any arrest or conviction will lead to us being deported. Just MY opinion though.

As she has been in the UK for 12 years IMO she quite likely is a UK citizen by now

my 02c

Bb guns look very much like real guns to people that don't see guns every day.
Tazers can be bought online from abroad. I know 2 people that have had them, one person brought one back from a holiday.

As for the mask, she probably didn't have one on as she was walking down a street. Most people take them off when leaving shops, and as she was alone and not on a busy high street with people around she wont of felt worried about catching covid. Jmo.

Whatever happened st the side of the road must of been fast, I doubt she willingly got in the car, I cant understand why she didn't flag down passing traffic for help if he had pulled a gun etc...this leaves me thinking he incapacitated her quickly...he may of left both doors open as a ruse, makes the suspect look less of a threat while she approached him...jmo
I agree it must have been fast. I also believe that there was a scuffle since so much of the curb and roadside was analyzed. He could have ran into her and then ran over and grabbed her whilst she was still down. She could have thought that he was assisting.

I'll add here and there if I can, come over a little unwell last night, still police presence and some, although not as many press here, well done re kenning was going to chip in last night, I wonder if kenning is where malcolm waite car garage is now?, they have an fb page, I know fb is not generally used here, just thought a quick look on there for anything that matches a white Astra type car in last few months x
Apologies if already mentioned, haven't read all of thread *advertiser censored*

I agree it must have been fast. I also believe that there was a scuffle since so much of the curb and roadside was analyzed. He could have ran into her and then ran over and grabbed her whilst she was still down. She could have thought that he was assisting.

I was wondering that, and then offered her a lift to hospital to get her into the car?

She is not charged with anything so she will be back with the kids. They will also get the home back once forensics are finished.
No, not necessarily. Released on police bail but still under investigation. There can be many conditions attached to police bail which the custody sergeant will have to agree before letting her out on bail, including e.g. living at a certain address, not visiting a certain address or area, not leaving her residence between certain hours, not contacting certain people or being allowed to be alone with certain people, she may have had to surrender her phone, she might not be allowed to use social media, she might not be allowed to access the internet, all sorts of things. Imo, moo, she has likely been taken to a safe house, the children are being looked after by social services, she may be allowed limited and supervised contact with them. Imo they are probably not allowed to reside together currently. Imo, moo

If the suspect pleads guilty tomorrow, but on the grounds of diminished responsibility (JMO - not evidence to suggest he will) what would happen? Do CPS have to accept a plea, or is it down to the judge?

Bus camera(s).

Sometimes there are no passengers in a bus. However, I note that cameras are in general recording the passengers, surely? Has mention been made of any passengers on the buses? They might have seen things.

If the suspect pleads guilty tomorrow, but on the grounds of diminished responsibility (JMO - not evidence to suggest he will) what would happen? Do CPS have to accept a plea, or is it down to the judge?
There will likely not be a plea hearing tomorrow it will be a case management meeting only. Setting date for trial etc.

I live in Sandwich. Police present still, as of this morning. The Guildhall car park is sealed off, tent still there. Co op car park shut, and police tape around town inc the recycling bin in the car park, although this area seems unmonitored. No real visible police presence, aside from a few standing guard at the entrance to the river, although I suspect it might be busy behind the scenes.

To make clear again, because it has already been mentioned, the area in question isn't a wooded area, its a riverside walk. The water alongside the rope walk and the butts rarely moves, it is cut off from the River Stour by sluice gates which are rarely, if ever, opened. Therefore, anything that goes in the water would be unlikely to move far. The water is still, and mainly stagnant.

The Rope Walk is a popular spot for fishing, which would disturb the water, although I doubt there is much fishing going on at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member