Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been very widely reported that the belief is he used his badge and Covid restrictions to lure her.

Tazers aren’t quite and the ones used by police in the UK don’t knock people out instantly like they do in movies.

I thought this to start with using covid to lure her etc.. but she was walking alone so wasn't breaking any rules to start with

The news report claiming she was 'forced' into the car suggests just that... the accused physically forcing her into the car which explains the reason for the accused to be suspected of kidnap early on. This has likely been caught on cctv/dashcam.

My opinion the accused has asked to borrow her phone, turned it off and either forced her into the back seats of the car or in the boot.. although the boot I would think highly unlikely on that main road.

I think alot of people if they saw a mam and woman arguing/talking loudly or being forceful with each other would think its a domestic issue. I wouldn't personally get involved as bad as it sounds.. but if someone was being forced into a boot I may intervene. MOO

The both doors open on car seem odd.. all I can think is she possibly tried to escape and the accused ran after her and got her back in the car.. and put her in the back seats to avoid escape again.. again if I saw this I would presume domestic.

We aren't going to find much more else out now until it's all over.

That poor poor girl.. I can't get her out my head. That seconds either way she could have still been here and we would have never known how close she came to dying.. unfortunately she wasn't lucky. Doesn't bear thinking about.

I thought this to start with using covid to lure her etc.. but she was walking alone so wasn't breaking any rules to start with

The news report claiming she was 'forced' into the car suggests just that... the accused physically forcing her into the car which explains the reason for the accused to be suspected of kidnap early on. This has likely been caught on cctv/dashcam.

My opinion the accused has asked to borrow her phone, turned it off and either forced her into the back seats of the car or in the boot.. although the boot I would think highly unlikely on that main road.

I think alot of people if they saw a mam and woman arguing/talking loudly or being forceful with each other would think its a domestic issue. I wouldn't personally get involved as bad as it sounds.. but if someone was being forced into a boot I may intervene. MOO

Forced could mean he had handcuffed her under false pretences.

Also this has been posted by me before and I will post again.

If a police officer (or other relevant person, like a police community support officer, or ‘PCSO’) believes you have left your home or have stayed outside your home without a reasonable excuse, they can fine you or charge you with a criminal offence.

They may tell you to go home. If you don’t, and you don’t have a reasonable excuse for not doing so, this is a separate criminal offence and you could be fined or charged.

under covid laws she can be stopped and questioned by a police officer. So it’s quite a viable excuse to stop her IMO

Link for the quote
Coronavirus: what can the police do? - Liberty

Hi all, long time stalker first time poster here. I’ve been dipping in and out of here so I may have missed this already but...

In response to audiohoney in thread#11 (pg49) I believe there is a white Vauxhall Astra parked under cover to the left hand side of the parking area of the rental company lot. It would help if someone could also study and confirm following the google maps link at the bottom. I’ve included a side angle of a Vauxhall Astra to help.

some incredible sleuthing from audiohoney if so

“I keep being drawn back to the car hire situation. I appreciate it’s not really achieving anything to speculate where he hired from, I guess I’m just wondering why he hired a car.

Bear with me here!

Because he hired it in Dover part of me wonders if he’s able to sort of ‘borrow’ a car on a more informal basis from ex work contacts.

Now, I know Europcar / Hertz / Enterprise are a definite NO there. Too big. Too national. But this interests me ...

“During the 70s, BCB evolved again and expanded into vehicle body repairs from Kenning Car Hire Dover and then the Canterbury and Gillingham depots. It also became an MOT testing station until May 2015.” snipped from the KentOnline article about his dads garage closing down. (SOURCE: End of road as garage doors close for last time)

So I did some digging into ‘Kenning Car Hire’. It no longer exists, but the address came up (SOURCE: Screenshot from here https://dover.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/kenning-car---van-rental-18784121.html)

Then I took a look at GoogleMaps to see what’s in its place. And what do you know .. a new car hire place called CMW. SOURCE: screenshotted on google maps

I’m no expert on car makes and models, but would any of our vehicle experts care to take a look at the forecourt and confirm whether one of these cars fits the description of white Vauxhall Astra? Google Maps

Attachments

• E07E8808-CC57-4C1F-9B19-B151867C0441.jpeg
    E07E8808-CC57-4C1F-9B19-B151867C0441.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 4186E3AA-EDC8-4719-9768-EC3E90E42E94.png
    4186E3AA-EDC8-4719-9768-EC3E90E42E94.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 79
Bb guns look very much like real guns to people that don't see guns every day.
Tazers can be bought online from abroad. I know 2 people that have had them, one person brought one back from a holiday.

As for the mask, she probably didn't have one on as she was walking down a street. Most people take them off when leaving shops, and as she was alone and not on a busy high street with people around she wont of felt worried about catching covid. Jmo.

Whatever happened st the side of the road must of been fast, I doubt she willingly got in the car, I cant understand why she didn't flag down passing traffic for help if he had pulled a gun etc...this leaves me thinking he incapacitated her quickly...he may of left both doors open as a ruse, makes the suspect look less of a threat while she approached him...jmo

Sorry if answered before has the hire car been recovered?
Surely a hire car is fitted with a tracker for insurance purposes?

View attachment 288808 View attachment 288806
I was looking at the google map of the family garage and came across this interesting review of St Martin’s Battery posted six months ago.

Oh that's a good spot. Hopefully whoever wrote it will have contacted LE if they think there's a chance it could be the accused to help build a picture of his connection. Could be a coincidence of course, but unusual to see a review that about a public place imo!

Speculation but maybe when LE arrived at the house she could have said he wasn’t home and when they looked in the house they saw him there? That seems like the rash spur-of-the-moment thing that might get you arrested but not charged.

I like this theory - he saw it was cops at the door, called to his wife to answer along the lines of "oh it's work at the door, just tell them I'm out. Can't be dealing with it now". Police enter anyhow and arrest both, because at that stage they could not possibly know how deliberate or extensive her assistance was?

JMO

Jmo
If a struggle had been witnessed by passing cars someone would of come forward by now. I doubt she was chased by the suspect and then dragged back to the car and bundled in, someone would of seen something, even a split second of someone chasing a woman would of been remember by someone now after all the coverage surely?
This wasn't a quite side street she was walking along. She has been caught on plenty of cctv up until she met the suspect.

It’s a possibility but there is not many times apart from going into shop, malls, supermarkets and on public transport that I seen women wear masks even when walking outdoors unless it was really cold at that time of night

It was chilly and damp that evening, with scattered heavier showers. I remember it because I have a virtual running club meeting that night (the night we ran together before covid restrictions, when now we run separately at about the usual time and share runs on Strava) because I decided I didn't fancy going out in the wet and ran indoors instead

Jmo
If a struggle had been witnessed by passing cars someone would of come forward by now. I doubt she was chased by the suspect and then dragged back to the car and bundled in, someone would of seen something, even a split second of someone chasing a woman would of been remember by someone now after all the coverage surely?
This wasn't a quite side street she was walking along. She has been caught on plenty of cctv up until she met the suspect.

JMO - there does seem to be plenty of video evidence, and in addition to the driver of each bus, there might have been passengers whom might have seen something. When would the police have gained access to the footage, was there a delay?

I would love to hear from others sleuthers about what set of circumstances might match with what has been reported about EC.

According to the timeline:

+ EC was arrested alongside her husband on 9 March on suspicion of assisting an offender
+ There is no evidence to suggest any contact between EC and police prior to her arrest
+ She has been released on bail but must return in April

UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham, 3rd Mar 2021 - TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

I am curious what sort of ‘assisting an offender’ is possible in this situation. My own speculation:

+ I don’t believe she provided a false alibi as she was arrested before any questioning could have taken place
+ I don’t believe she was present for any parts of the crime or she would perhaps have been arrested for a more serious offense

This leaves smaller possible areas of ‘help’ that would have been less obviously criminal. Possibly:
+ Driving the defendant to / from car hire place?
+ Washing clothes that may have evidence?
+ Lying to police about the defendants health, unrelated to the SE case (I am thinking maybe something in relation to the reported call-in for ‘stress’ that WC reportedly made to his superior)
+ ????

None of these ideas fit well since Police would have needed to identify EC’s actions before any interviewing. What am I missing? What else is possible?

Of course, MOO

This is an excellent point, how can she assist an alleged offender if she hasn't been questioned?

Could it simply be that they needed her out of the house for the full search to take place? Maybe she said she had nowhere to go, so they arrested her on the off chance as much for her safety (somewhere to go while they arrange a place for her to stay) and their logistics (get her out of the house) as anything?

Or maybe it's as simple as she said to the police "no, don't arrest him, he's done nothing wrong" or in her panic shouted at him to "run" (or similar), which could be seen as assisting him.

MOO

Also on the hire car front, plenty of the nationwide rental companies offer one way rental, where you can pick up and drop off at different branches. It seems there's an Enterprise car hire in Dover, I would have thought it would be easy enough for them with the info they have to see if it was dropped back or not though.

This is an excellent point, how can she assist an alleged offender if she hasn't been questioned?

Could it simply be that they needed her out of the house for the full search to take place? Maybe she said she had nowhere to go, so they arrested her on the off chance as much for her safety (somewhere to go while they arrange a place for her to stay) and their logistics (get her out of the house) as anything?

Or maybe it's as simple as she said to the police "no, don't arrest him, he's done nothing wrong" or in her panic shouted at him to "run" (or similar), which could be seen as assisting him.

MOO

You do Not Arrest somebody if you want them out the house that’s why we have search warrants :). They obviously think or did think she had helped him in some way hence her being arrested.

MOO

Police need reasonable suspicion to arrest, they can’t arrest and detain someone to get them out of the house. They would have arranged for her to stay somewhere else like they did the children if they wanted her out of the house to search.

This case is now under sub-judice in the UK.

Simply put, sub-judice is:

Any non compliance with an Order of the court
Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "alleged killer" or the defendant)
Defendant’s previous history is off limits
Scandalizing the court (lawyers/judges, i.e. the judge must be a drunk)

It is contempt to broadcast anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence.

Please do not post anything that violates the above sub-judice principles.

Thank you.
The only thing that can be reported on is the fact that the Defendant has appeared before the Court and what plea he has entered. Thank you Silly Billy

So..let's talk family. Not any in particular, just in cases like these. Would foster parents have to explain to the kids the events? Would a parent released on bail stay with the kids and would they receive govt protection?

Not my area of expertise, but from a general understanding of British procedures, Social Services will take charge of the children and will make onwards arrangements for them in the best interests of the children and this will be kept strictly private. Which I think makes it off topic for this thread as whatever the arrangements are, they won't have any bearing on what happened to Sarah.

All we know is that the woman arrested at the same time as WC has not been charged and has been bailed to reappear at a police station in April

I don't know what will have happened to the dog (a very British thing, to be concerned for the animal, even in the face of investigations into a very serious crime!)

Hello I'm back. Just a couple of observations from me. Re- the child locks on the doors... depending on model, Astras have either physical locks (have to open the rear door and turn a little slot on the door) or electric ones (operated by a button in the front) but on the rear doors only. I don't think any cars built after a certain date have front child locks due to EU rules (somebody maybe able to post a link to confirm) - both of the front doors have to be able to be opened from the inside when the vehicle is occupied* - it's a safety measure in case you need to get out quickly in the case of an emergency. When driving off the car automatically locks the doors so that they cannot be opened from the outside (in case of carjackings) and over a certain speed not from the inside but I'm pretty sure below 14mph the front doors always have to be opened from the inside. *the only way to lock the front doors so that they cannot be opened from the inside is to use the remote central locking and double lock them. But..
as soon as you put the keys in the ignition, the double lock goes off and the door can once again be opened from the inside (safety measure as it knows.someone is inside the car) so where am I going with this?...
Imo it would take a lot of effort to get someone in the back of the car and restrain them sufficiently so as they were not able to do anything to the driver whilst driving. Given this happened so quickly, I think the rear of the car is unlikely. If the victim.was seated in the front of the car, I would have thought (even bearing in mind freezing/reaction to the initial attack) i still think a conscious victim would try to attract attention or escape the car at traffic lights etc. Given that it was potentially 2 hours in the car, would give time for the victim to think about how to escape and u doing seat belt, opening the door and bailing out at a low ish speed in a busy area would be a calculated risk and better than staying in the car imo.

Therefore, a further option not yet considered is that the victim was forced into the foot well in the front of the car, potentially restrained at least using some kind of cuffs and then covered over with a jacket or something so as not to draw attention. If then threatened with e.g. a weapon to not move, this would make it more difficult for the victim to attempt to escape from the foot well and any movement would be swiftly dealt with by the accused (much easier to hit someone in the passenger football than someone on the rear seat whilst driving). All moo - we may never know what happened.

You do Not Arrest somebody if you want them out the house that’s why we have search warrants :). They obviously think or did think she had helped him in some way hence her being arrested.

Normally I'd agree. But I imagine LE are panicking a bit about this case. Maybe they'd rather throw around a questionable arrest than run the risk of losing time with her (both time in the house while they make arrangements for her, and time interviewing her, just on the off chance she's knows something).

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member