Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refer to the flat he rented.

Where does it say the accused rented a flat?

His commute into work wasn’t that long of a commute and millions make that same type of trek daily for work.

The accused also had children and a wife at home so I don’t know why people assume he had a flat. There has been zero mention of one by LE and he could easily do his journey daily as the drive isn’t that bad.

MOO

Last edited:
Yes very good point, use of the warrant card would absolutely make the whole thing far more traceable, even if a name wasn't remembered, a description of the perp would narrow it down dramatically if the intention was to let them go. But also wonder if he had a weird fantasy about arresting somebody and allowing them to be released if they performed sexual act for example (not unknown for police to have sexual relations with people they have arrested) - and that's where it all went wrong.

I said in an earlier comment that this is the bit I'm torn about, either full intent to murder from the start or some other intent that escalated to murder. There seems to be criminal intent from being at that place / time with no apparent reason and also in a hire car but not clear of the actual motivation. I am also puzzled by the location, such a public place to start a crime when there are plenty of more secluded places.

Interesting thought re the arresting fantasy, thank you. And yes it's definitely happened plenty. However, IMO and in my experience (couple of years working as police staff), victims of that kind of crime tend to be vulnerable, already in custody for some other reason, and/or known to the officer. It's often drug users/repeat shoplifters etc who are frequently interacting with the police and in a position of diminished power (vulnerability). To try something like that with a non-vulnerable (as far as we know), random woman off the street seems very unlikely to me. Repercussions much, much more likely and likely to be much more severe. But of course JMO.

Or IN his rental , if we are talking about the Astra . Also I would imagine that after working a 12 hour shift , being lined up for another shift at 1400 ( at an embassy , so kinda high profile ) , one would want a shower and possibly a change of clothes .
In any case it baffles me as to why would he hire a car to go to work , on what seemed like a normal day's duty ?
The official reports state he finished his last shift at 7am.
No confirmation of the 2-8 shift appeared which suggests it was erroneous reporting in early versions of media.
Also we do not know hire date for vehicle.

Do we know where the accused Wayne Couzens lived weekdays ?

No

No way could he commute from Deal to Westminster on a daily basis, surely ?

Yes, people do commute that far

No police search of a London address ?

None disclosed

Where was he for the ten hours between end of morning shift and alleged snatch ?

Nothing relevant disclosed

Had he been suspended already because of allegations of exposing himself the week before ?

Possibly not, because the investigation into the offence has been referred to the IOPC. It's a matter of record that the defendant was also arrested for an IE offence, but he has not been charged, so there's nothing more to be said

Did he know he was going to lose his job ?

Unknown

Did he know Sarah from running events, was he stalking her ?

Both unknown

How could he snatch her off a busy road, and why ?

He is charged with kidnapping by force, so that's possible. But no official word on why or how (lots of theorising in this thread based on the information on activity in Poynders Road as described in the magistrates court

[edited to remove irrelevant tirets about family etc]

Maybe we'll get some answers in the October trial ..

Yes, and not before, because of sub judice rules

Last edited:
Which flat did he rent? I haven't seen any information regarding a rented flat in London?
No information of evidence that this was the case.
Some of us locals would be v surprised if this was the case given the horrendous cost of living in London. Even giving the theory the benefit of the doubt, room rentals would be potentially £1,000 per month. Not sure, however bad the commute to/from london to Deal, that it would be a sensible household financial decision to be renting a room in London. More interested in the theory that maybe there is a mixture of driving/public transport commute. And that the location the body was found was alongside a railway line which could mean whoever did this had knowledge of its remoteness/dereliction (from spotting out of the train window) or allows for ongoing monitoring of subsequent “activity” at the site in the days/weeks after.

Genuine question : is this a fact ? That he had a rented flat ?
I read near the start that he rented a flat in London and I was under the impression that it was the one in Poynders Road searched at the very beginning.

No

None disclosed

Where was he for the ten hours between end of morning shift and alleged snatch ?

Had he been suspended already because of allegations of exposing himself the week before ?

Possibly not, because the investigation into the offence has been referred to the IOPC. It's a matter of record that the defendant was also arrested for an IE offence, but he has not been charged, so there's nothing more to be said

Unknown

Both unknown

He is charged with kidnapping by force, so that's possible. But no official word on why or how (lots of theorising in this thread based on the information on activity in Poynders Road as described in the magistrates court

Why could a happily married man with a beautiful family go so mental ?

We don't know that he's gone 'mental'

Marriage gone wrong, ten year younger Ukrainian "mail-order" bride ditching him ?

Irrelevant?

Well done for having the patience to reply to this post.

No

None disclosed

Unknown

Both unknown

Why could a happily married man with a beautiful family go so mental ?

We don't know that he's gone 'mental'

Marriage gone wrong, ten year younger Ukrainian "mail-order" bride ditching him ?

Irrelevant?

Great idea, well done :)

The official reports state he finished his last shift at 7am.
No confirmation of the 2-8 shift appeared which suggests it was erroneous reporting in early versions of media.
Also we do not know hire date for vehicle.

On the timeline thread it shows the 14-20 embassy shift came out in court on 13th ?
Or are we saying that media reported this incorrectly/unreliable after the hearing on the 13th?
All genuine questions , TIA

No confirmation the accused rented a flat and no confirmation he was meant to work a 2-8pm shift. The former is speculation here, the latter was bad and unsubstantiated reporting.

I'm no mod and wouldn't want to be one but in my opinion any theories based on either of the two things should be marked as opinion or speculation. There are a lot of people dipping in and out and there have been a few occasions where something was taken as fact when it was just speculation.

On the timeline thread it shows the 14-20 embassy shift came out in court on 13th ?
Or are we saying that media reported this incorrectly/unreliable after the hearing on the 13th?
All genuine questions , TIA

The timeline given in court last Saturday makes no mention of the 2-8 shift, it was stated that he finished his work early in the morning and that he was not on duty in the evening when SE disappeared. So I think yes, unreliable reporting. If I remember correctly that shift was always linked to "sources" telling the MSM, never confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam