Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tesni, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Stella123

Stella123 Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2021

2. CriLondon

CriLondon Active Member

Yes....I too have been thinking a lot about another residence , or the hire car .
    How about he was renting a room , and not a whole flat ? That would probably be a lot cheaper , especially a box room , to be used when needed .
    Regarding the hire car , there could be legit reasons as well .....for example , I had to get my windscreen changed due to it having cracked after being hit by debris on the lovely roadworked M4 . Car couldn't be driven for 36-48 hours afterwards .
    So it follows that you kinda need another vehicle to get to work and back .
    But I struggled with this theory myself, as the accused had 2 other cars removed from his address AND a motorbike (granted not the best time/weather of the year for such a commute but still....).

3. londoncat

londoncat Member

I used to work with sniffer dogs and they are amazing - the bond they have with their handlers is so cool to see. Usually dogs are trained on a specific scent such as cadaver or drugs like cocaine etc. but they can be trained in search and rescue as well as for all sorts of uses and specific scents. When I was training my dog we used truffle oil in classes!

IMO they could have used dogs for several different purposes. Possibly to find minute traces of blood to direct forensics or to locate any of SE’s possessions. Or as the poster above mentioned to trace her to the last spot before she disappeared.

The dogs go in circles to isolate the scent because each nostril operates independently that’s why they look a bit crazy! I was watching the video closely for a sign that the dogs had spotted anything but these signs can be very subtle and the handler will be able to pick up on it where other observers might miss it.

Al Ka, BB72, Bluedaisy100 and 21 others like this.
  4. Pilot

Pilot Member

Thinking of the forensics teams we've seen working in various locations, could someone help me understand at what point forensics teams are brought in? Is it when something is discovered by the police, or perhaps when the police have CCTV or info? IE I'm sure they aren't part of a search team. I just wonder how significant the presence of teams wearing full plastic suits is, both at Poynders and now in Sandwich? Thanks for any clarifications on this!

5. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Here is a recent case of a PO charged with murder (but admitted manslaughter) and the associated disciplinary proceedings - Rules meant police officer was still paid even after admitting lover's killing

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2021
    Zoomy, Bluedaisy100 and tedtink like this.
  6. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

7. Preppermint

Preppermint Member

There is quite a police presence up there this evening. They have kept it fairly quiet until now, it seems. At least 7 vehicles, tent up, forensics. The road is closed. It's right by Brigade Hall, if anybody is local.

8. Stella123

That is fascinating - thank you! I noticed there were two different dogs on that video. I assumed for double checking but perhaps for different scents?

9. Urbanfox1

Urbanfox1 Verified Solicitor (UK)

Just to say, I love sniffer dogs, when I see them, they literally bring tears to my eyes they’re so eager to do their jobs. Sorry off topic but just had to say that

BB72, Bluedaisy100, Beans1 and 29 others like this.
  10. episkey

episkey Well-Known Member

I can’t attest to WC commute but knowing someone who works in parliamentary protection and lives 20 mins from Deal, he commutes everyday. He rides a motorbike, and so does WC so it’s entirely possible.

TessDurberville, bos and Newthoughts like this.
  11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Reportedly, a dashcam from a marked police vehicle captured SE alone, and a police dashcam captured the Astra heading towards Kent. No confirmation of how many police dashcams involved here but no reports of police dashcam capturing two figures.

Lyanna, nao, Puzzles and 3 others like this.
  12. Stella123

Sounds like something definitely going on there then. I hope it isn't more bodies :(

MsBetsy and arrogantcat like this.
  13. Wishingwell

Wishingwell Member

What an interesting and informative post. Thank you

14. tedtink

tedtink Well-Known Member

Yes, I thought possibly that a car may have gone in for a service, hence a courtesy car rather than hire car.
    Somewhere in the thread a poster had checked the MOT status of the cars so we could rule scheduled MOT out if dates do not match.
    LE could have taken the other 2 cars for the purpose of retrieving transfer DNA though.

JMO.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  15. Ebbnflow21

Ebbnflow21 Member

Does anyone know of another case in Britain were the searches have been so extensive for allegedly one murder victim? It seems there must be something else to it IMO.

16. TheEditor

TheEditor Active Member

Hire car could be in his wife's name. Perhaps he thought it would look less suspicious having a female named driver if the police did a check on the vehicle.

Newthoughts, Nancywho and MsBetsy like this.
  17. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Most prominently used in the Madeleine McCann case, and usually will either be trained to work on detecting cadavers and the odour of a dead body, or human blood.

18. episkey

episkey Well-Known Member

nao, arrogantcat and Skigh like this.
  19. Sarahaddison14

Sarahaddison14 Active Member

Abandoned builders' yard taped off in Sarah investigation

Another update from Kentonline

Today a new search site was set up at the junction of Centre Road and North Military Road.

The search is thought to be centred around the former St John's Ambulance centre and land that has recently been auctioned.

PrimeSuspect, NoSI, Sandyuk and 8 others like this.
  20. jazzygal19

jazzygal19 Active Member

In the UK, we have the inquest opening first of all, and it does happen quite soon after the death. It will last less than 5 minutes, and it just states the basic info of the deceased (address, age, profession, date of death etc) and then the medical cause of death if it has been ascertained.
    The coroner will also set the date for the full inquest, which I imagine in SE's case will be in quite some time, due to the criminal proceedings.
    (Source: I had to attend lots of inquests in my previous job.)