Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone help me out.. what is a syringable tube used for weapons?

I know they have the white Astra, and two 'figures' on pavement, but a) have they positively ruled that the supect was alone in car prior to encountering SE and b) that one of the figures was positively her?

Updated DM article from 5 hours ago. Mentions forensics officers taking away items in bags.

"Scene of crime officers today took away bags of items - including scissors and what appeared to be a long tool handle - from areas in Kent where they were investigating Sarah Everard's murder."

"The forensic experts, dressed in blue protective suits, could be seen walking away from the four sites of interest in Sandwich with the plastic bags.

One had a pair of bandage cutting scissors inside while others contained a black item in a smaller zip lock pouch."

Sarah Everard: Police cordon off Kent builders' yard containing skip in search for evidence | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
During the proceedings the officer will receive his full wage of at least £33,000-a-year, MyLondon reports.

Sarah Everard murder suspect 'to receive full police salary during proceedings'

I guess that does make sense, as the named person is only accused and not yet convicted. If there was a chance an accused person was innocent then it would be bad that they lost their wage so I can see why that rule exists. No judgement on the accused’s guilt here, just on that rules existence.

I know they have the white Astra, and two 'figures' on pavement, but a) have they positively ruled that the supect was alone in car prior to encountering SE and b) that one of the figures was positively her?
I also wonder this, two figures isn’t definitive on identity. Perhaps there were two kidnappers

Issues surrounding an IE investigation have been referred to the IOPC and at present no charges have been brought.
That’s my point. Two very different processes with very different standard of proof IMO, although outcome of the IOPC might determine it potentially.

My view is that it could be perceived as an internal matter, they have cctv. That might well be enough to dismiss for breach of his employment contract (as it would be in most people’s) for gross misconduct (providing their procedures are properly followed). However, If it’s against Met policy (ie on payroll until and obviously if convicted) it would likely be automatically unfair IMO

SBM

Libby was in the water 6/7 weeks it was really lucky that they did find dna after that time

It was a relatively new technique used:

Speaking about the role forensic evidence played in the investigation, Eurofins Senior Forensic Scientist, Nicola Taylor said: “The investigation into the disappearance and death of Libby Squire, alongside historical offences carried out by Pawel Relowicz, was forensically challenging.

“While working closely with Humberside Police I was able to form a clear understanding of the investigative needs and my colleagues and I within Eurofins Forensic Services undertook extensive work to support those needs.

“In utilising a relatively new technique at that time and undertaking case specific experiments to address one of the lines of defence, I am very pleased to say that we obtained key findings that assisted the police and ultimately the court in understanding the sexual nature of the historical offences and the act of rape that preceded the murder of Libby Squire.”

Pawel Relowicz convicted of the rape and murder of Libby Squire | Humberside Police

Allegedly, the police have been at military Hill in dover since last night with police Cordens in place, multiple police vans and blue tents set up.

Kent online have some detail on this from 5 days ago (despite it being reported elsewhere it was allegedly a firemens exercise) and it mentions St Martins Battery - which I believe a member on here alerted the Met too. Speculation, JMO. Quite a bit of detail but not from today

Major search underway at network of Dover war tunnels in Sarah Everard case

That’s my point. Two very different processes with very different standard of proof IMO, although outcome of the IOPC might determine it potentially.

My view is that it could be perceived as an internal matter, they have cctv. The content might well be enough to dismiss for breach of his employment contract (as it would be in most people’s) for gross misconduct (providing their procedures are properly followed). However, If it’s against Met policy (ie on payroll until and obviously if convicted) it would likely be automatically unfair IMO
I would also emphasise that I would have thought if any of this hypothesis is anyway correct, the info would not be released into public domain and press would be prevented from reporting on it because of potential impact on trial. My initial thought was saying he’ll get paid his full salary as if it was a scoop rather than just a statement of basic employment law (subject to what I’ve previously said) was lazy journalism.

Perhaps I'm wrong and one of the legal experts on here can confirm but it's not only DNA evidence that can prove a rape or sexual assault. If there was internet search history, witness testimony of the person's mindset a 'rape kit', found amongst someone's possessions etc. these could still be evidence of a sexual crime. IMO

Perhaps I'm wrong and one of the legal experts on here can confirm but it's not only DNA evidence that can prove a rape or sexual assault. If there was internet search history, witness testimony of the person's mindset a 'rape kit', found amongst someone's possessions etc. these could still be evidence of a sexual crime. IMO
I said I was leaving and here I am. Not my wheelhouse and @Parker Knoll or @KensingtonandChelsea would be able to give you a fuller answer but it comes down to the question of can you prove beyond reasonable doubt on the basis of that type of evidence. It would be a good day in Court for the prosecutor if they secured a conviction on that basis IMO but no I wouldn’t say that you would have to rule it out and it’s certainly not inadmissible.

Aside from the fact that no one heard anything on Poynders that evening, is there any other reason to dismiss the possibility that SE was hit by a car? I'm going back over what we know and I'm not sure if I'm missing something. IMO if the suspect has experience as a car mechanic, I could imagine this being something the suspect could conceal fairly well once at home, and if he was tired from his early shift he might have been driving badly. It would explain how so much of the aftermath seems to have been very rushed and panicked.

Obviously speculative - this is really a question as to intent, obviously, and we can't know that, and it doesn't undermine culpability either (IMO). No one hearing an accident is a big factor, but Clapham at night tends to have some loud noises as standard (even during lockdown in my area).

I'm just wondering if there's anything I'm missing regarding the scene or the information we have, really, because I'm sure I must have.

I also wonder this, two figures isn’t definitive on identity. Perhaps there were two kidnappers

It seems may be implausible? but I am trying to see a way through to 'two figures' - which may just be police keeping certain facts hidden for the present - and not stating one appeared a woman, let alone SE, and the two front doors of the car open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member