UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems very possible, and explains why Cressida Dick was so nervous.

Yeah it could be this or she just could be aware of grim details that are not public and is genuinely shocked. She's the big boss and it's happened on her watch, I'm sure there is some internal conflict that they should have seen it even if it turns out that wasn't realistic.

Does anyone have the cctv of the guy in what looks to be a shop doorway who was wanted in connection to an IE. I saw it earlier somewhere but now can't find it. Not sure if we can add it on the thread here but if not if someone could message it to me I'd be very grateful.. TIA

but they need to link the suspect and the victim, yes?

yes, they’d need to show sufficient evidence that there’s a realistic prospect of conviction, which must entail some link between suspect and victim. It wouldn’t necessarily have to come from the body. For example, if WC is the assailant, there may be DNA in the car used to abduct Sarah.

Norwich is about 180miles from his home in Deal. Long way to go to get your knob out!!

A lot of sex offenders do not operate in their own area of residence. Because they'd be recognised! The photos look similar and if it was WC, it shows an escalating pattern of behaviour that would fit the MO.

MOO.

I just want to weigh in about the hire car thing. I am not sure how many other U.K. citizens will agree but it is extremely uncommon in the U.K. to hire a car, especially if you have 2 cars sitting on your driveway. I can only think of 1 time in my lifetime when my family has hired a car in the U.K. and it was to go to the airport to save on parking costs before a holiday.

I think either, this is poor reporting by MSM and that the car is PCP/HP (for Americans basically this is leasing a car where the finance company own it and you rent it for a long period of time - years, then you have the option to buy it or trade it in).

Or shows a very high level of premeditation.

JMO, MOO etc

I wondered if his seat was in for a service and it was a courtesy car.

Why would he go to a hire place and put in his own details so ANPR tracks him? Either stupid or brave?

Or the media have got it wrong

Yep I think the media have just got it wrong, poor journalism and a silly thing to overlook.

I agree though he would be registered keeper under PCP/HP but it is still a leased car ie he doesn’t own it ie “hire”. And they have never said he wasn’t registered keeper, they’ve just used the word “hire”.

Another poster said there could be legitimate reasons why he hired one eg car in garage etc but there were 2 cars on his driveway when he got arrested - it just doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Also agree with another poster that it’s not uncommon to hire a car for a specific journey in London e.g a zip car but something just isn’t sitting right with me. It just doesn’t make logical sense why he would have a hire car with two cars literally outside his home.

He’s a police officer after all, he would’ve known hiring a car would not conceal his identity for very long...

Or I’m way off and it was very premeditated/he thought he could get away with it! Perhaps he put false plates on it, who knows?!

JMO, MOO

I doubt any met "pool cars" could be used for personal commuting unless specifically authorised by a senior office. Abuse of organisations cars is a huge no no in the UK public sector. I remember few years back an Royal Navy admiral had to resign over some minor scandal of a wife using his official car for a personal journey.

A lot of sex offenders do not operate in their own area of residence. Because they'd be recognised! The photos look similar and if it was WC, it shows an escalating pattern of behaviour that would fit the MO.

MOO.

Could have been on a course up there, or asked to cover a Royal on their way to Sandringham...?

MOO.
Distance decay (Geographic profiling term) shows though that most offenders commit their crimes close to where they work or live, as thats the places they're most comfortable and familiar with. The further away from the offenders locality, the less likely they are to offend there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph