UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding the unreleased door cam footage of Sarah which was reportedly captured on Poynder's Road.

How do these door cams work? Do they record constantly or are they activated when they sense motion? If they have motion-sensors, what kind of range do they activate at?

It's been a long time since I walked down Poynder's Road, but my impression is that it's quite a busy main road with lots of traffic and most houses/flats etc are set well back from the road.

Would Sarah, walking on the pavement, have passed close enough to activate a cam? Or is it possible that she approached a residence or knocked on a door, perhaps in an effort to summon help when she realised she was being followed or in trouble?

The door-cam footage was reportedly not handed in immediately, so perhaps the owners weren't home at the time and only discovered it a few days later when they read the police appeals for information.

I have a question regarding the unreleased door cam footage of Sarah which was reportedly captured on Poynder's Road.

How do these door cams work? Do they record constantly or are they activated when they sense motion? If they have motion-sensors, what kind of range do they activate at?

It's been a long time since I walked down Poynder's Road, but my impression is that it's quite a busy main road with lots of traffic and most houses/flats etc are set well back from the road.

Would Sarah, walking on the pavement, have passed close enough to activate a cam? Or is it possible that she approached a residence or knocked on a door, perhaps in an effort to summon help when she realised she was being followed or in trouble?

The door-cam footage was reportedly not handed in immediately, so perhaps the owners weren't home at the time and only discovered it a few days later when they read the police appeals for information.

Motion and it's triggered off movement in the frame typicallt.

The thing I find strange about this, is if he decided to abduct and murder a woman off the street, why not do it in Kent in a more rural location versus abducting a woman in London which is one of the most heavily surveilled places in the world.

Without meaning to make light of a very serious topic, he cant be a particularly intelligent officer, aswell as being a *******.

The thing about these predators is that they're opportunits. They do plan to a certian extent - doing rekkies, preparing vehicles, etc - but if and when the opportunity presents itself, they take it.

Also, we don't yet know that he hasn't already struck in Kent - or anywhere else for that matter.

I read somewhere on a link that was posted here that he's had a lot of time off work recently. Wonder if he was suspended as a suspect in the exposure case or perhaps he's just had time off ill? Would be interesting if he's been hiding a mental health problem.

Hi @infinit, I suggest, if WC is guilty, he most certainly has a significant mental health problem, either hidden, or overt. If overt, it may have been brushed aside by those who might have recognized signs and/or symptoms of same.

Perhaps one of our LE sleuths here can shed light on protocols in place for fellow officers to report concerns about a co-worker's mental health, and explain for us how such reporting is managed by the alerted superiors eg. effectively – if that's even possible – or with judgement and potential repercussions.

Of course, WC may also have sought treatment, obviously not successful, and that is not yet in the public domain.

Do we have any confirmation that there was door cam footage?

But he could have hired a car the same or similar to his own?!?

Either there’s a third rental car we know little about or one of his own two cars is leased and the wording in reports is just a little confused. Perhaps because it could initially be a little more tricky to check ownership with leased cars. An extra layer of information. Rental/hire/lease semantics.

I don’t think it’s possible to be certain either way at the moment.

thanks for the info on IE, I’m new here and has never realised how serious the offence needs to be taken as it appears to often be a gateway.
I also agree the whole attack is sexually motivated, just not sure if this happened before the car, in the car or where her body was abhorrently dumped. JMO

I hope she didn't make it to Ashford. Just horrible.

I've been having the same discussion with my colleagues @Alethea . When delivering training about why we confiscate all means of technology and place a ban on accessing social media. Because there is an attitude of "*advertiser censored** it, might as well fill my boots", as you say, and I don't want to be responsible for that o_O

But surely, in this institution, he wouldn't have known he was under surveillance?

ETA : Though, that being said, apparently neighbours noticed and they wouldn't have known anything was wrong. A perp would be hyper-vigilant

Right, the knowledge that you did do something wrong coupled with maybe seeing a car on your street you've never seen before... your mind may spiral and you are convinced you are already caught, might as well blow things up. We just don't know the details yet. Did anyone he work with know? Did he notice anyone acting differently towards him? All questions I would have for him.

Just another theory I’ve just suddenly thought of ...

What if it literally was wrong time wrong place for Sarah and WC was visiting someone he knew after work in Poynders Court ... He is leaving to return home at 9.30 ish as Sarah is walking by and sees an opportunity!
Maybe then engages her in conversation about where she’s been and uses the lockdown questioning to entice her to a parked car?? Just a possibility perhaps ...

Very good point on the potential underground commute. If he took the police transport/minibus from the US Embassy in Nine Elms back to the Armoury at Charing Cross, it’s a direct tube journey (free for Met police) on the Northern Line down to any of the Clapham underground stations. Once in Clapham and outside the congestion charge zone, he could collect his own car/rental. It would be a more logical ‘commute’ in and out of Kent that he might commonly make, and would make the Clapham diversion make sense. MOO etc.
Did he park at Poynders Court??

Hi all. Another new poster after seeing the horrific attack on Sarah.

This is probably not connected in anyway at all, but there was a flasher in my local area at the beginning of feb who looks similar.

Just wanted to post to get opinions.

CCTV appeal after indecent exposures in Norwich shops

This is interesting, thank you for sharing! Damn covid getting in the way again with the mask though

I've been having the same discussion with my colleagues @Alethea . When delivering training about why we confiscate all means of technology and place a ban on accessing social media. Because there is an attitude of "*advertiser censored** it, might as well fill my boots", as you say, and I don't want to be responsible for that o_O

But surely, in this institution, he wouldn't have known he was under surveillance?

ETA : Though, that being said, apparently neighbours noticed and they wouldn't have known anything was wrong. A perp would be hyper-vigilant

He was arrested very shortly after getting home from his shift on Tuesday. So he may not have had time to think re undercover officers in the Land Rover etc

There is probably an element paranoia convinced him he was regardless

Thinking about the few days observation before arrest when he was allowed to keep working and armed. What concerns me is - ok so during that time they may have observed him going to the woods or other places (as suggested earlier) and gleaned info from that. But also, it may have given him time and opportunity to clean up various things and remove evidence (house and car eg). JMO

Assume that it was all a bit carefully balanced so as to get what they needed to arrest him. And maybe they assumed he'd already have cleaned up straight away.

It just seems strange that the moment he was suspected, they didn't swoop in and try and seize evidence.

On the case of the indecent exposure, this is what I want to know. It seems to me that there are three separate scenarios which could have caused the referral. Depending on the scenario it may be extremely serious, or perhaps less so.

Possibilities, in my own opinion:

1. The fast food workers’ report of the indecent exposure was clearly linked to WC, and fellow officers covered it up or chose not to respond in a timely manner. This would be an extremely serious breach by Met officers.

2. The report identified the perpetrator as likely a police officer, but not as WC. Perhaps the officer was still wearing their combat boots, black pants, and polo shirt with epaulets. If this is the case, it is also a serious situation.

3. The report did not initially suggest that the perpetrator was WC or any police officer. In this case, it may be that WC was only linked to this crime later, after SE had gone missing. In this case, it is a sad and frustrating but not uncommon situation in which certain kinds of sexually-based offenses are not prioritized for investigation by the police. If this is true, the assigned officers may not have done anything wrong technically but still their lack of prioritization allowed WC to be free to attack Sarah.

My own suspicion is that this was a type 3 incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong