UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get the timings to add up to those provided in their walking map, it looks as if she left her friend/started out her walk from around the most north-westerly corner of Clapham Common.

If her total walk home (had she completed it) would have been about 50 minutes, as they indicate on their map - close to Brixton Hill, she would have had about another mile yet to go when she got to Clarence Avenue, and the time at that point would have been around 9:35pm, if she left at 9:00pm.

I wonder which route she would have picked. Hopefully they'll be able to get some cctv/bus dashcam footage to at least rule out routes she didn't take.

Google Maps

not sure if relevant here but why in a lockdown is she planning to meet up with 2 people outside her household? I certainly don't think she was walking because she was worried about covid on public transport or because she forgot her mask

is there something wrong?

not sure if relevant here but why in a lockdown is she planning to meet up with 2 people outside her household? I certainly don't think she was walking because she was worried about covid on public transport or because she forgot her mask

her friend from university said

"She has always been an exceptional friend, dropping everything to be there to support her friends, whenever they need her."

Sarah Everard: 'Increasing concern' for Brixton woman - BBC News

could be that she went to see friend who might have needed help with something as she is type of friend who is always willing to help people even during a lockdown just might be the type of person with her nature to help people

It's within the rules if she was meeting someone outside and walking.

"Under the new rules, Mr Gove told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that people could meet up with another individual for a walk “provided you maintain social distance and provided that it is exercise”.
Rules on meeting others outside and whether you can go for a walk with a friend in lockdown

Sorry for 2 posts in a row, but wondering if there was a great deal of competition for Sarah's new job? speculation, imo. rbbm.
Sarah Everard: Police 'increasingly concerned' for Brixton woman
''The teacher described the 33-year-old as "beautiful, thoughtful and incredibly kind".

She said: "Sarah and I met many years ago whilst studying together at Durham University. She has always been an exceptional friend, dropping everything to be there to support her friends, whenever they need her.

"It was only recently that she was telling me the good news about her new role as a senior marketing account manager, which she was excited to start.

"It is extremely uncharacteristic of her to have gone missing, which is why we are all deeply concerned something has happened to her."

@dotr - Following on from your post about a possible link to Sarah's job I saw this quote earlier from MyLondon: Acquaintance Phil Jones posted on Twitter: "She was one of my podge team, that’s awful news, fingers crossed."

What the heck is podge I thought to myself then googled it and found:

Podge Events

Could it have been pressure surrounding her new role that has caused some distress to Sarah?

If she lived alone (inferring that she does not live with her partner) then he could be her support bubble. As a previous poster has also said, she could have been meeting up with a friend to 'exercise'. All within guidelines.

I usually go by Clarence Avenue where Sarah's phone signal was last located.
It is a very secluded pathway/area. Very empty during the day, I can only imagine what it's like during the night.
There are lots of the missing persons posters of Sarah along Clarence avenue and neighbouring roads. Earlier today I came across two people walking along Poynders road asking people if they'd seen her.

Really worrying, hoping she's found soon

Most alarming to me is that her last phone signal was at 9:28pm.

Shortly after the phone call ended at 21.28, her friends believe that something happened to Sarah.

Her phone signal was last located somewhere close to Clarence Avenue, which is on the way between where she met her friend and her home.

It would be a coincidence too far, surely, for her phone to run out of battery at the same time that she vanished.

It is a very secluded pathway/area. Very empty during the day, I can only imagine what it's like during the night.
There are lots of the missing persons posters of Sarah along Clarence avenue and neighbouring roads. Earlier today I came across two people walking along Poynders road asking people if they'd seen her.

What are the roads like Frivolous? In terms of potential abduction by vehicle maybe?

Has there been a problem in the area with people getting mugged for their phones?
The usual question- Any bodies of water on/ near the route Sarah took?
speculation.

rbbm interesting.
''Friends and family have mounted a serious effort to gather as much information as possible, sharing information on social media and reaching contacts as far as Dubai and Lebanon.''

Read more: Desperate search to find woman, 33, who vanished on way home in south London

It is so useful to have local knowledge. Is Clarence Avenue a residential area? Is there cctv along the routes she might have taken?

I've just spotted this from Sky News (BBM):

Shortly after the phone call ended at 9.28pm, her friends believe that something happened to her. They were unable to contact her on Thursday when they notified the police at about 8pm.

So Sarah had been missing for nearly 24 hours when she was reported missing by her friends. Wonder why her partner didn't report her missing?

What are the roads like Frivolous? In terms of potential abduction by vehicle maybe?

A very quiet and empty area. An abduction by vehicle where no one hears or even sees anything is very well possible.

Walking down Clarence Avenue, there is little pathway that leads to shops (Poynders Parade).
IIRC all of them are out of business, apart from one that's all the way out.
There is also a really big park just across the road.

Generally, when I walk down Clarence avenue, there's hardly anyone around. It's a long road with only houses and greenery. The shops near Clarence avenue as mentioned above are all out of business apart from one. The pathway area where all the out of business stores are have several cars parked there however.

Shortly after the phone call ended at 9.28pm, her friends believe that something happened to her. They were unable to contact her on Thursday when they notified the police at about 8pm.

So Sarah had been missing for nearly 24 hours when she was reported missing by her friends. Wonder why her partner didn't report her missing?

I wonder what time she was meant to meet her partner. If it was in the evening after work and it was when she did not turn up her friends knew there was a problem ,it could match up with the 8pm time the police were contacted.

A very quiet and empty area. An abduction by vehicle where no one hears or even sees anything is very well possible.

Walking down Clarence Avenue, there is little pathway that leads to shops (Poynders Parade).

Generally, when I walk down Clarence avenue, there's hardly anyone around. It's a long road with only houses and greenery. The shops near Clarence avenue as mentioned above are all out of business apart from one. The pathway area where all the out of business stores are have several cars parked there however.
Thanks. It's not sounding great is it :(

It is so useful to have local knowledge. Is Clarence Avenue a residential area? Is there cctv along the routes she might have taken?

Clarence Avenue has no CCTV cameras dotted around to the best of memory. The shops near Clarence avenue could of helped a lot I believe, but as mentioned they are out of business. I am however unsure if the one all the way down (Londis) has any CCTV outside it's store. If it does, it would be worth looking into

Thank you for your reply. So it would be possible for someone to perhaps hide in the greenery and force her into a property .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member