UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she mean 11.50 am or 11.50 pm? How would you be able to tell if a person looked happy in the near pitch black? And why would anyone be passing the time at that hour?

Other posters have been questioning her. Not responded to any.

Wouldn't have been 'pitch black' around the Common, and you could tell how someone 'appeared' I suppose, without studying that closely.

Oh that is worrying. I hope they've contacted police now as it says they are stuggling to get throught on a 'tip line'. What is that?

The tip line is a way people can contact the police with information relating to the case.

I have noticed that it is a common feature in people posting on social media about sensational news they or relatives/ friends know or have witnessed in a case is that they cannot get hold of the police or they ask readers whether they should report it. They then get the attention they crave.

The tip line is a way people can contact the police with information relating to the case.

I have noticed that it is a common feature in people posting on social media about sensational news they or relatives/ friends know or have witnessed in a case is that they cannot get hold of the police or they ask readers whether they should report it. They then get the attention they crave.
Oh, I was not aware of this class of person, Skigh! Takes all sorts. Thanks for the info.

Can someone please look at the video contained in this link before it gets taken down:

Murder team takes over investigation of missing Sarah Everard

It is a short video, just below the now-common picture of Sarah in her green jacket.

I’m confused by the inclusion of this video within the article as it doesn’t appear to be referenced?

Is this somebody police would like to speak to in connection with SE disappearance?

Do you think the newspaper might have posted it in error?

Can someone please look at the video contained in this link before it gets taken down:

Murder team takes over investigation of missing Sarah Everard

It is a short video, just below the now-common picture of Sarah in her green jacket.

This is very odd! An unrelated clip mistakenly added in haste maybe? Or a person of interest that they weren’t supposed to share yet?

The way it freezes on the clearest shot of his face suggests it’s a video aimed at appealing for help identifying somebody.

(I’ve saved the video in case it does get removed before others can see it)

Hi all. Been a while since I posted here but this case has been popping up on all sorts of forums I read and thought I'd see what is going on in the case.

I've had a quick look at what the police have revealed and my first thought is something seems to have happened between the CCTV at the junction of Poynders/A205/Cavendish roads and the junction of Kings Avenue/A205 (there is a traffic cam here that points right at the pavement:https: A205 Poynders Road / Kings Avenue CCTV | London Traffic Cameras.) .

The other thing I would like to have clarified is whether her phone was switched off (i.e. shut down properly) or it went dead suddenly through damage/water ingress. I believe there is a difference between the two that can be 'seen'?

I also agree with an earlier poster that asked why/how Brixton Water Lane comes into the case? It seems completely disconnected? I guess that might relate to details the police aren't ready to reveal yet...

As it stands it is hard not to think the worse after 4 days of apparently no trace :(

Edit to explain my somewhat rushed post above.

The link is to an Evening Standard report about missing Sarah. There is an 11-second video with the caption "Clapham Common appeal CCTV" below it. There seems to be no other reference to the video in the article. My gut feeling is that the Standard have included this video in their report by mistake, and will soon delete it.

As I write, I see others are now weighing in with the same concerns and views that I had when I first saw it, so I will not add any more to this post. Congratulations to arrogantcat for saving it - something I couldn't work out how to do - and to others for so quickly explaining it.

Last edited:
The other thing I would like to have clarified is whether her phone was switched off (i.e. shut down properly) or it went dead suddenly through damage/water ingress. I believe there is a difference between the two that can be 'seen'?

As it stands it is hard not to think the worse after 4 days of apparently no trace :(

Or perhaps her battery ran out during the phone call with her partner. Maybe she told him her battery was low and it subsequently died.

Presuming that phone call ended 21:28 and the last sighting is now reference as 21:30, perhaps her phone battery died but she was still okay at that point.

Can the difference between a battery dying and a phone being intentionally switched off be determined without having the handset I wonder?

People who ring it are getting a voicemail asking to call back between 09.30hrs and 17.30hrs!!!
As if the police just work office hours! Should be 24/7 in cases like this!!

That's what I mean - if people have urgent info then they can call 999 or visit the police station. Tip lines are for all sorts of information like fraud or petty crime or serious crime when there is no emergency, hence the office hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77