UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018 #2 *B. Lacomba guilty*

12:02KEY EVENT
Ben Lacomba set for life in prison
0_Police-have-released-this-custody-image-of-Ben-Lacomba.jpg

Police have released this custody image of Ben Lacomba
Ben Lacomba is set for life in prison after being found guilty of murdering the mother of his children Sarah Wellgreen.

The jury at Woolwich Crown Court delivered their verdict today (October 28) after a four week trial and three-and-a-half hours of deliberations.

Judge Christopher Kinch QC told the court:

There is only one sentence for the offence of which Lacomba is convicted.”

Ben Lacomba found guilty of Sarah Wellgreen's murder - live updates and reaction

Paul Simpson, deputy chief prosecutor, said: "He clearly thought he wouldn't be caught on CCTV because he took a dark country lane.

"That didn't prove to be the case and it was that evidence that allowed us to say 'you lied about your whereabouts. You weren't at home in bed, you were killing Sarah Wellgreen in a rural part of Kent'.

"He knew in a short amount of time he would be left homeless and without day-to-day contact with his children and that is clearly something he couldn't live with so he made the decision to kill her."

Taxi driver guilty of missing mum's murder

Also first murder conviction in Kemt without a body. I'm glad and relieved for the family and that KP did enough to secure a conviction, think we were all wondering at one point or other.

ML blew him a kiss eh?? Silly woman.

Let's hope for justice for the Griggs family too now, think the jury is still out on that one.

That didn't prove to be the case and it was that evidence that allowed us to say 'you lied about your whereabouts. You weren't at home in bed, you were killing Sarah Wellgreen in a rural part of Kent'.

Snipped and BBM what in a what now?? Is that poor wording or do they think she wasn't murdered at home???!

Holy crap FAST!!

Can't wait to hear the 'what the jury didn't hear' parts, hopefully that stuff will be released?

I can't figure out WHY the judge did not go ahead with sentencing TODAY, at the time, instead of spending yet another court day to do same, when it is a mandatory sentence for this conviction. It's not like there is a choice here. Same type of thing happened over here when 2 killers were found guilty by the jury, and the judge tried to slough it off to another day... but lawyers questioned the judge on this, seeing as how the sentencing was mandatory.. so he gave a couple hours' notice and they came back into the courtroom and did the sentencing. It made me wonder at the time if the judge had not been expecting the unanimous guilty verdict for both accuseds. I wonder if the judge in this case was surprised with the jury's findings, and so quickly too?

12:02KEY EVENT
Ben Lacomba set for life in prison
0_Police-have-released-this-custody-image-of-Ben-Lacomba.jpg

Police have released this custody image of Ben Lacomba
Ben Lacomba is set for life in prison after being found guilty of murdering the mother of his children Sarah Wellgreen.

The jury at Woolwich Crown Court delivered their verdict today (October 28) after a four week trial and three-and-a-half hours of deliberations.

Judge Christopher Kinch QC told the court:

There is only one sentence for the offence of which Lacomba is convicted.”

Ben Lacomba found guilty of Sarah Wellgreen's murder - live updates and reaction

Quote from the article - BBM

"Lacomba sits in the dock in a navy suit, shirt and tie looking emotionless as the verdict is handed down."

Emotionless ... isn't that what Ben Lacomba has been from start to finish?

Mother of your children and your housemate disappears in the middle of the night, leaving her kids, her belongings, her passport, her purse, her phones ... no emotion.

Police arrest you on suspicion of her murder ... no comment and no emotion.

Police charge you with her murder ... no emotion.

Sat in the dock, asked 'where's Sarah?' ... no emotion.

Convicted, found unanimously guilty of murder ... no emotion.

No emotion.

Really glad to hear he was found guilty!! The court reports led to no other option, so in addition to bits we won’t have heard about (reporting restrictions etc) he seemed bang to rights. I’m glad the Jury git it done so quickly

I wonder if the extended time for a sentencing may be due to the body? Could be a case for a much heavier minimum tariff if he refuses to say where the body is... I just hope that he now will open up for the sake of his kids.

Also be interesting to hear of mummy’s involvement in the next few days :mad:

12:53KEY EVENT
Police issue statement following guilty verdict
Detective Chief Inspector Ivan Beasley, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said:

Sarah had every reason to live – she had secured a new, better-paid job days before her disappearance, was looking forward to one of her children’s birthdays and was getting into position to buy the family home outright.

“While we are yet to locate Sarah’s body, it is clear to us that Sarah is no longer alive due to the inactivity of her bank and phone accounts, no contact with friends or family and the fact she left the home without any of her personal items or shown any plans to leave.

“She didn’t even take her car.

“But when you look at Ben Lacomba, knowing what we know about Sarah and you begin to prove his account of what happened is untruthful, that he had reason to kill Sarah to avoid being left behind by her, it leaves us with little choice but to conclude he killed her.

“No other person came to that house that night, Sarah didn’t walk out of there by herself and Lacomba had clearly researched how to leave the area without being seen – or so he thought.

“I’m pleased the jury came to the same conclusion. Lacomba refuses to tell us where Sarah is which makes it difficult to find her and provide her family with some of the closure they so desperately need.

“Enquiries to find her will continue and so will the support we provide to Sarah’s family and close friends.

“I would like to pay tribute to Sarah’s family and friends who have been so brave in their help and support of our investigation.

“I also want to thank those in the community who have helped, especially those spending so much time and effort in the search for Sarah.”

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/live-sarah-wellgreen-murder-trial-3452729

That didn't prove to be the case and it was that evidence that allowed us to say 'you lied about your whereabouts. You weren't at home in bed, you were killing Sarah Wellgreen in a rural part of Kent'.

Snipped and BBM what in a what now?? Is that poor wording or do they think she wasn't murdered at home???!

I think they might just mean that NAG is a rural part of Kent ? Not sure,but we havent heard any evidence to say that Sarah was taken from the house alive - but then again, we havent heard much evidence at all.

I'd have readily convicted on the evidence we heard. His alternative narrative just wasn't believable.
Same here.

There was no other reasonable explanation, IMO. The child's evidence, the light going off in the conservatory around the same time the car lights flashed in carpark 2, the culprit knowing how to avoid detection on cctv, more than enough compelling evidence.

I expect he really wanted her back until he discovered she wasn't interested in him at all. I think this was vengeful and planned over months.

From what I understand, reading through the updates, the Judge is going to listen to final arguments/mitigation pleas from Prosecution and Defence this afternoon.
As far as I know, there is nothing else - such as requiring reports to be made, mental health assessments etc - so I would hope for a sentence in the next day or so.

As a minimum she knows a lot more than we have been informed of. However, I remain of the opinion she has some kind of deeper involvement and the silence/lack of co-operation of her son is to protect her in some way..

Only just caught up and boy am i glad he got what he deserves. Now for ML im with u on that she should be up in court next as its clear she was involved

Edit: wonder if his kids will wanna see him after murdering there mom, refusing to say whete the body is and even accusing them of lying

I expect he really wanted her back until he discovered she wasn't interested in him at all. I think this was vengeful and planned over months.

I get the feeling he reached breaking point.

The evidence we’ve heard suggests he’s had the thought of doing this for a long time, but it may have just been a sadistic thought.

The breaking point obviously came when she let him know of the job that evening. He was on the verge of having to move out and not have his control anymore, so the thought turned in to action and sadly Sarah’s life ended.

I hope he doesn’t just say he dumped her in the Thames, the shovel and mud suggests he buried her, but you can’t trust a word he says!

Same here.

There was no other reasonable explanation, IMO. The child's evidence, the light going off in the conservatory around the same time the car lights flashed in carpark 2, the culprit knowing how to avoid detection on cctv, more than enough compelling evidence.

I completely agree Tortoise, since their initial split, he doesn't seem to have moved on at all and then Sarah comes back! and I think that got his Hope's up only to be dashed (and him dumped) again ... his poor ego huh?

When Neil tells us that their, his and Sarah's, last conversation by phone that night was a fraught one because Sarah had told Ben about the new job and Neil said that she shouldn't have ... I think Neil was right. I don't see that as a sign of Neil being controlling, I see it that Neil was concerned how Ben would react and, he'd be right.

Now, Lacombas only hope is to admit it and say where Sarah is BUT, we've all seen what a gutless wonder he is! and I think with Mummy still blowing him kisses (seriously? In court!) and saying 'there there mummies little soldier, i believe you' I think he's going to stick to his bull sheet story and will probably even appeal at any opportunity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back