Still Missing UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018 #2 *B. Lacomba guilty*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Coconutmilk, Oct 24, 2018.

1. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

2. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Seems like a decent sentence but I wish he would reveal her location. He probably won't be in the free world with his dear old mum again unless he does (and even then, doubtful)

3. Jules77

Jules77 Active Member

Can I ask if Sarah's body is found ( not with the help of Bl ) he will be allowed parole ?

4. Pravda

Pravda Member

5. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

Grieving son still digging for murdered Sarah's body

'On a damp, overcast November afternoon in a patch of woodland near the top of Wrotham Hill, 22-year-old Jack Burdett is digging a hole in the ground.

He's not the only one. A group of volunteers have been doing the same thing, probing the woodland soil with metal rods for the best part of an hour, "venting" the earth so sniffer dog Jessie can get a better scent, occasionally stopping to swap rods for spades and cut down into the ground.

Sharon explains they've been brought here by a fresh lead from a farmer, who reported having seen lights in this field near the hedgerow around the time Sarah disappeared.'

6. mrazda71

mrazda71 Every day's a school day!

27 years isn't too bad I suppose though, no sentence is enough really is it!

Glad y

I think the way it works is that he won't get parole until he admits guilt - no admission of guilt then no remorse and can't be seen to be rehabilitated.

Once a body IS found, by any other means, I would imagine the Helen's Law angle goes out the window because all the families want is to have their loved one bsck, to be able to arrange a fitting resting place.

7. mrazda71

mrazda71 Every day's a school day!

Please ignore my abandoned half comment at the top! Really hate that that happens!

Noseyjosie likes this.
  8. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

Just saying this as a speaking point, and not specifically related to this case... but find the concept interesting that convicts will have to divulge the location of their victims before they can ever be paroled, even after time served.

I know it is statistically low where a person found guilty is later exonerated, but it happens. In such cases when a convict has forever claimed their innocence but not yet exonerated (if ever), they would remain in jail even longer - forever, because they can't say they did it, and can't know where the body is?

9. catgreen

catgreen Member

Yes, I thought the exact same thing - in a miscarriage of justice it doesn't bear thinking about

Kasmeer and deugirtni like this.
  10. Alyce

Alyce We're All Mad Here

Reading that is so desperately sad.

HayLouise, Kaykedi, deugirtni and 8 others like this.
  11. Noseyjosie

Noseyjosie Well-Known Member

Hi all, I messaged Kay @ admin to ask her to change the "found deceased" etc so we don't get our hopes up in vain. Hope everyone's ok with that xx

HayLouise, Kaykedi, Jules77 and 4 others like this.
  12. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

13. Alyce

Alyce We're All Mad Here

Much better heading now Josie

14. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

15. Ironside

Ironside Well-Known Member

16. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

17. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

This is Lewis and Jack's first interview since his conviction. Their relief that 'justice was done' is clear. They are incredibly thankful to the police and Crown Prosecution Service; also grateful to the volunteers from Sarah's Kent village who are still searching for her.

But the case is far from over for them and won't be until they have their mother back.

To that end, they reveal they have made the painful decision to request a prison meeting with Lacomba in the hope he'll break his silence.

'I want to look him in the eyes and say: "Just tell us where she is, for your kids' sake and for ours," says Jack, 22, a retail worker. 'No feeling will be left unsaid.'

more to read at link

Murder victim Sarah Wellgreen's sons plead with her ex-partner to reveal location of her remains | Daily Mail Online

18. Alyce

Alyce We're All Mad Here

That’s very sad reading.... they are right, he will never tell them because he won’t admit guilt.

Nice comments about Neil.

19. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

Seems Neil may have known better than anyone, what kind of risk SW was taking by merely living in the same home with her ex. I have to say I feel terribly bad for NJ.